Sue

User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Sue

Unread post by Roar Power » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:00 am

willow wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
He's had some back issues this season and I think the week off last week has helped it settle down. I prefer him off the bench, he seems to play with more energy, hits the line hard and offers more impact. With Packer and Matulino likely to start in the front row, McQueen and Lawrence/Aloiai in the backrow, I'd have Eisenhuth start at lock, Sue on the bench makes a lot of sense.
Willow, where would you fit Elijah into all of this?


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30426
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:56 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:00 am
willow wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
He's had some back issues this season and I think the week off last week has helped it settle down. I prefer him off the bench, he seems to play with more energy, hits the line hard and offers more impact. With Packer and Matulino likely to start in the front row, McQueen and Lawrence/Aloiai in the backrow, I'd have Eisenhuth start at lock, Sue on the bench makes a lot of sense.
Willow, where would you fit Elijah into all of this?
I don't know. Arguably you could stick him on one edge ahead of Lawrence, but Taylor is less threatening in attack IMO. I think McQueen, provided he recovers well from neck surgery, definitely starts next year. Lawrence, depending on his body, and Taylor (if he sticks around) are vying for the other. I think Aloiai offers more than both in attack due to his size and ability to poke through the line, but similar to Sue, I think Aloiai is best served coming off the bench for a bit more energy and impact.

User avatar
ryanda01
Member
Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun 28 Aug, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Beaches
Has liked: 4 times
Contact:

Unread post by ryanda01 » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 3:14 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:56 pm
Roar Power wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:00 am
willow wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
He's had some back issues this season and I think the week off last week has helped it settle down. I prefer him off the bench, he seems to play with more energy, hits the line hard and offers more impact. With Packer and Matulino likely to start in the front row, McQueen and Lawrence/Aloiai in the backrow, I'd have Eisenhuth start at lock, Sue on the bench makes a lot of sense.
Willow, where would you fit Elijah into all of this?
I don't know. Arguably you could stick him on one edge ahead of Lawrence, but Taylor is less threatening in attack IMO. I think McQueen, provided he recovers well from neck surgery, definitely starts next year. Lawrence, depending on his body, and Taylor (if he sticks around) are vying for the other. I think Aloiai offers more than both in attack due to his size and ability to poke through the line, but similar to Sue, I think Aloiai is best served coming off the bench for a bit more energy and impact.
The best part of all of this is depth. He we all are trying to squeeze players in then squeezing them out. Much better conversation then 12 months ago.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 3:53 pm

Arrr the West Tigers backrow dilemma.
out of all the second rowers we have so far for 2018, i think Lawrence runs the best lines with intent, however lacks the size and impact of Aloiai. Aloiai seems to lack the involvement of Lawrence. Sue is better off the bench and mixing it up between the middle and Edge (as impact). Marsters is an exciting prospect, who will need time before putting in 80 mins performances. McQueen reasonably solid in both attack and defence, without being outstanding. ET, high work rate and creative, good defence, without size or impact.
Backrowers get a lot of crash balls and do spend a lot of time on the sidelines. So depth is important.

Starting Combo's
Option A; Lawrence and ET
Option B ; McQueen and Aloiai
Option C ; Marsters and Sue

All good options, with no stand outs. No one will be out for multiple rounds due to SOO.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:11 pm

Great shot on Passi... I want more though!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25148
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:31 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:11 pm
Great shot on Passi... I want more though!!!
That's not what you said 2 weeks ago..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:42 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:31 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:11 pm
Great shot on Passi... I want more though!!!
That's not what you said 2 weeks ago..
1 great tackle hasnt changed my opinion of him... Let him show me more!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post Reply

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”