WESTS Tigers Team V Panthers...

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2454
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Panthers...

Post by Masterton » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:30 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:08 pm
Ava and JJ drop out
Anyone else get the feeling Cleary doesn't rate Ava?
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22137
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:48 pm

Masterton wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:30 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:08 pm
Ava and JJ drop out
Anyone else get the feeling Cleary doesn't rate Ava?
I think with the emergence of the hooth and Twal who will both be here next year, Ava is surplass.

TigerKapa
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:39 am

Post by TigerKapa » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 5:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:48 pm
Masterton wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:30 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 4:08 pm
Ava and JJ drop out
Anyone else get the feeling Cleary doesn't rate Ava?
I think with the emergence of the hooth and Twal who will both be here next year, Ava is surplass.
Yeah I'm more than happy for twal and eiso to play in preparation for next year as opposed to Ava who's leaving

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2243
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 5:43 pm

Aloai played ISP so count him out

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2093
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:48 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 02 Aug, 2017 8:14 pm
Earl wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm
It's interesting that Ava is obviously down the list of props at this point. I reckon he is a quality first grader. It shows how much better our depth is looking now and I think it will be better next year.

I want to see Aloiai in the team because I think he has more impact than all of our forwards when he is playing well.

You can't though really knock that team. Sue and Twal are pretty good bench prop forwards. Sue is inconsistent but he did the job last week. MCK is another inconsistent player who is full of mistakes but if he holds the ball and doesn't make mistakes he is a good edge player. JLJ ideally shouldn't be there but I get it. McIlwrick has troubles playing 80 minutes and having JLJ gives the coaching staff another option.

I wonder how we'd go without Woods. I honestly think we might even go better.
I don't - not this year.
Which prop you think will go better than Woods?


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4930
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:55 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:48 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 02 Aug, 2017 8:14 pm
Earl wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm
It's interesting that Ava is obviously down the list of props at this point. I reckon he is a quality first grader. It shows how much better our depth is looking now and I think it will be better next year.

I want to see Aloiai in the team because I think he has more impact than all of our forwards when he is playing well.

You can't though really knock that team. Sue and Twal are pretty good bench prop forwards. Sue is inconsistent but he did the job last week. MCK is another inconsistent player who is full of mistakes but if he holds the ball and doesn't make mistakes he is a good edge player. JLJ ideally shouldn't be there but I get it. McIlwrick has troubles playing 80 minutes and having JLJ gives the coaching staff another option.

I wonder how we'd go without Woods. I honestly think we might even go better.
I don't - not this year.
Which prop you think will go better than Woods?
Yeah! I'd also be interested to know which prop instead of Woods, Earl?

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29164
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 3:02 pm

1-17

WESTS TIGERS

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Tim Grant
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Alex Twal
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Michael Chee Kam
17. Jack Littlejohn

Coach: Ivan Cleary

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... l_rou.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 3:36 pm

Very weak bench. Cmon Ivan you can do better.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 3:59 pm

That bench was pretty good last week. The only issue is JLJ being there.

I think we are weak in the centres but you never know with Kev especially. He could have an on game.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5406
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:36 pm

Littlejohn didn't get on the field. Not sure the logic behind picking a back on the bench every week "just in case". Braindead decision, the opposition forward pack must laugh every week.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:12 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:55 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:48 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 02 Aug, 2017 8:14 pm
Earl wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm
It's interesting that Ava is obviously down the list of props at this point. I reckon he is a quality first grader. It shows how much better our depth is looking now and I think it will be better next year.

I want to see Aloiai in the team because I think he has more impact than all of our forwards when he is playing well.

You can't though really knock that team. Sue and Twal are pretty good bench prop forwards. Sue is inconsistent but he did the job last week. MCK is another inconsistent player who is full of mistakes but if he holds the ball and doesn't make mistakes he is a good edge player. JLJ ideally shouldn't be there but I get it. McIlwrick has troubles playing 80 minutes and having JLJ gives the coaching staff another option.

I wonder how we'd go without Woods. I honestly think we might even go better.
I don't - not this year.
Which prop you think will go better than Woods?
Yeah! I'd also be interested to know which prop instead of Woods, Earl?
It's not as simple as replacing Woods with a better player. Woods has really slow hit-ups, ordinary defence and slow play the balls.

Ava, Grant, Sue, Twal, Aloiai all hit the ball up better and play the ball better than Woods. Woods only saving grace is his motor and his offloads. Basically all of those players have better defence than Woods.

That is why I stated I think we might go better as a team with Woods out and replaced by one of our other prop options. If Woods gets offloads I have this wrong. If he doesn't I think I have this right. He rarely has a great game where his offloads are working. When he does it can win us games. When he doesn't he doesn't do his job well at all.

Today clearly showed that I have this right. Next week it might be different if Woods offloads the footy.

Post Reply