15. Sauaso Sue
16. Michael Chee-Kam
17. Jack Littlejohn

18. Josh Aloiai
19. JJ Felise
20. Joel Edwards
21. Ava Seumanufagai

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... cemen.html
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

will1999

Post by will1999 » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:18 pm

thought there would be no changes but why JLJ there should be another forward

Madge

Post by Madge » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:27 pm

whats happening with ava and aloiai

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:29 pm

I'd wager ET may miss this week, Aloiai will come in.

I really hope JLJ makes way for Ava or Felise but I won't get my hopes up.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:29 pm

Injured and injured. Aloiai probably is close to playing, however they won't be rushing players back at this stage if we are out of finals contention.

Madge

Post by Madge » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:30 pm

yeah ava is named in ISP

will1999

Post by will1999 » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:31 pm

I didn't think that Ava was playing bad

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:34 pm

Ava is departing (not that great in Cleary's mind probably) so might as well keep seeing what the younger guys that a staying have got. JLJ is n eeded to cover injuries to any of the backs and give McIlwrick if needed.

All logical really.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:38 pm

JLJ played 3 minutes against GC. Get rid of him and throw either Aloiai or Seumanufagai in there. An extra forward won't hurt against the Panthers whereas JLJ offers 3/5 of buggerall.

Madge

Post by Madge » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:38 pm

would really love to see aloiai come back into the side tho!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:34 pm
Ava is departing (not that great in Cleary's mind probably) so might as well keep seeing what the younger guys that a staying have got. JLJ is n eeded to cover injuries to any of the backs and give McIlwrick if needed.

All logical really.
MCK can cover any injuries in the back line, having JLJ sitting on the bench for 75 minutes isn't smart IMO. The other forwards would appreciate another big body in their rotation. Give JLJ the flick in favour of Felise or Aloiai if he is fit.

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:41 pm

Aloiai for littlejohn and im happy

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:53 pm

Expect changes....

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm

It's interesting that Ava is obviously down the list of props at this point. I reckon he is a quality first grader. It shows how much better our depth is looking now and I think it will be better next year.

I want to see Aloiai in the team because I think he has more impact than all of our forwards when he is playing well.

You can't though really knock that team. Sue and Twal are pretty good bench prop forwards. Sue is inconsistent but he did the job last week. MCK is another inconsistent player who is full of mistakes but if he holds the ball and doesn't make mistakes he is a good edge player. JLJ ideally shouldn't be there but I get it. McIlwrick has troubles playing 80 minutes and having JLJ gives the coaching staff another option.

I wonder how we'd go without Woods. I honestly think we might even go better.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 5:09 pm

Earl wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm
It's interesting that Ava is obviously down the list of props at this point. I reckon he is a quality first grader. It shows how much better our depth is looking now and I think it will be better next year.

I want to see Aloiai in the team because I think he has more impact than all of our forwards when he is playing well.

You can't though really knock that team. Sue and Twal are pretty good bench prop forwards. Sue is inconsistent but he did the job last week. MCK is another inconsistent player who is full of mistakes but if he holds the ball and doesn't make mistakes he is a good edge player. JLJ ideally shouldn't be there but I get it. McIlwrick has troubles playing 80 minutes and having JLJ gives the coaching staff another option.

Woods has copped plenty this year, he has open his mouth a few times when he should have kept it shut. As for signing elsewhere, that was his call and did not really need to justify it to anyone, but the way he has put in, especially after a poor SOO series has been exceptional and I think people will surprised how much we are going to miss the big bloke. Plenty of players once they have signed elsewhere just put it in auto pilot but Woods has actually lifted his effort

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 5:10 pm

Yeah I don't get JLJ. He's obviously backup for someone, either hooker or an undisclosed injury in the backs, given that he wasn't used last week until the game was beyond doubt.

In other words JLJ legitimately had a starring role in losing the game for us against the Eels, then was run out last week when we couldn't lose - I don't see the point unless you fear early failure of your backline or spine.

I'm all for carrying utilities but JLJ has played like a busted all year - if you are gonna run utility, why not give someone else left-field a run like Jeremy MK? Not as if we can ruin our finals chances.

Also totally fine with Ava being ditched - the young fellows are doing well and we should give them all the exposure we can with what remains of this year. Ava can bide his time waiting for Shark's preseason.

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 5:29 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 5:09 pm
Earl wrote:
Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm

Woods has copped plenty this year, he has open his mouth a few times when he should have kept it shut. As for signing elsewhere, that was his call and did not really need to justify it to anyone, but the way he has put in, especially after a poor SOO series has been exceptional and I think people will surprised how much we are going to miss the big bloke. Plenty of players once they have signed elsewhere just put it in auto pilot but Woods has actually lifted his effort
He has put in since coming back from SOO but that wasn't my point. He has a tendency to produce soft hit-ups. If his offloads aren't great I think he can have a negative impact on the team. I could be wrong in my assessment but I'd like to see how the team performs without him there. My gut feel is that a bunch of props who hit it up hard and get quick play the balls are going to provide a better platform for the team more consistently than having Woods in the team.

I basically think our pack will be better without him. When his offloads are working really well that is a different story but on a consistent basis I think we may be a better team without him out there.

This isn't a hack against him or sour grapes. I'm stoked that he signed elsewhere.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 5:53 pm

Ava should shorten his last name to Seuman.