Brooks is no good

The Old Fox

Re: Brooks is no good

Post by The Old Fox » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:33 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 8:46 am
Still think Brooks is being hampered by dicky Hamstrings. He just doesn't seem confident in stretching out or extending his leg when kicking. Could be 100% wrong, but just my impression. I remember in the u20s he kicked a bag of 40/20s, but they have been few and far between in the top grade, okay in the NRL the back three can defend the long kicking game way better than in the u20s, but he just doesn't seem to have the distance anymore
Might be a good call, I heard Ivan in the press conference acknowledge the problem with our kicking game calling it a work in progress..I think Brooks is feeling the responsibility and then over thinking it causing him to panic a little and perhaps the hammy is not helping?.. I'm confident Ivan will sort this problem out with Brooks, especially when Renyolds plays the stage and liddle comes back as a third option, he almost pulled of a 40/20 in his last game the boy has talent and capable of steering the kicks.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:57 am

Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 7:27 am
Earl wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 7:18 am
tigerfanatic wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 6:48 am
Brooks is waiting for matulino and packer to arrive so he can get his kicking game in order
This argument really doesn't cut it does it.
Brooks has had 3 NRL seasons to get his kicking game in order....do you really think Pacalino will improve it.??.doubt it..Brooks would be better off practicing his kicking game everyday until next season kick off,that may help,or he just doesn't cut it at NRL level...
Unfortunately the club backed overhyped potential rather than proven talent...and apparently it has failed so far... :roll:
Yeah makes you question why Cleary didn't pull Brooks contract like he did for Moses rather than tabling a new one...Surely Cleary can see what a dud Brooks is...there are plenty of other options he could have gone with..
This is a compliment but this is one of the all time troll posts I've ever read on the Internet.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 10:00 am

The Old Fox wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 7:23 am
Earl wrote:
tigerfanatic wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 6:48 am
Brooks is waiting for matulino and packer to arrive so he can get his kicking game in order
I think it's sarcasm Earl.
I did pick that up the first time round.

Tigerles

Post by Tigerles » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 10:12 am

not that my opinion really matters, but I'm going to offer it anyway.
yes Brooks needs to improve his leadership of the team as well as his 5th tackle options. there's no argument. As it is now he is basically the only real kicking option the team has on the field (Lolohea's kicking game at present is not a threat and I can't say I've seen either hooker kick at all- maybe Liddle once, and yes Teddy occasionally kicks, but generally only for himself) this enables the opposition to pressure Brooks without worrying about other kicking options. On top of this most last tackle options he is already under pressure from the forwards not having the defensive side on the back foot, thus it always seems like he has to rush his kicks or other plays. Yesterday most of his attacking kicking was done from outside the 30-40mtr make, how's he meant to grubber into the in goal from there, and for those that can't have been watching not all of his bombs/kicks went straight to the fullback/winger. Until the forwards start getting on top and we get another decent kicker to allow different options, which will put the opp defensive line in two minds, Brooks will always be under more pressure.
Add to this the coaching over the last two and bit years, did JT do anything to improve his game, I'd say no.
Will Luke turn his career round and show the promise he did as a junior, i hope so. Lets give a decent coach a chance to work with him (during the off season), a coach that we know can teach a halfback how to play, add to that an improved forward pack, a halves partner that can take some pressure off him and we'll see what happens. I can already see that his defence has improved along with his running game.
In regards to all the negative comments about him, why is it always the same posters? unhappy life?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:03 am

I think that he has had some of the football coached out of him, and been forced into a set of structures. It seems people have forgotten Taylorball. As I said previously I will evaluate at the end of next year when the team has some bigger and better outside backs, some forwards with a bit of mongrel and the offseason has seen their attacking and defensive structures re-jigged.
In saying that, if the upcoming fire sale does see a half (particularly one that can play 6 or 7) or fullback available, I would like to see the club take advantage to provide options for form or injuries in the spine.

tigerfanatic

Post by tigerfanatic » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:14 am

Earl wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:57 am
Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

Brooks has had 3 NRL seasons to get his kicking game in order....do you really think Pacalino will improve it.??.doubt it..Brooks would be better off practicing his kicking game everyday until next season kick off,that may help,or he just doesn't cut it at NRL level...
Unfortunately the club backed overhyped potential rather than proven talent...and apparently it has failed so far... :roll:
Yeah makes you question why Cleary didn't pull Brooks contract like he did for Moses rather than tabling a new one...Surely Cleary can see what a dud Brooks is...there are plenty of other options he could have gone with..
This is a compliment but this is one of the all time troll posts I've ever read on the Internet.
😅😅

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:24 am

hobbo wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:28 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:02 am
hobbo wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 8:54 am
Geo. wrote:

Looks like we could have another dud coach on our hands hey Geo !
Picks JLJ on the bench ...plays zero minutes ...
Sheenius !
Have you thought of a nickname for our new coach yet?
Nah not yet , but if he keeps on playing a 16 man squad each week I'll come up with something .
Yeah I'll wait until he's using his own cattle. Granted I can't understand why JLJ is on the bench and seeing no time but since the season was gone a long while ago I am not too fussed.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:37 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:24 am
hobbo wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:28 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:02 am
hobbo wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 8:54 am

Looks like we could have another dud coach on our hands hey Geo !
Picks JLJ on the bench ...plays zero minutes ...
Sheenius !
Have you thought of a nickname for our new coach yet?
Nah not yet , but if he keeps on playing a 16 man squad each week I'll come up with something .
Yeah I'll wait until he's using his own cattle. Granted I can't understand why JLJ is on the bench and seeing no time but since the season was gone a long while ago I am not too fussed.
I was at the game yesterday , that game was there to be won , Penrith were bog ordinary .
Cleary later comes out and states that ..." The turn around is well under way at Wests Tigers "
Ok we haven't been flogged of late but jeez 61 missed tackles ...,that's laughable !
If we're not 4 or 5 wins from 10 rounds next year Cleary will have a beauty of a nickname :lol:

But nothing will top the "Pasty Faced Scarecrow "
That even made the Herald :mrgreen:

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:40 am

Furious1 wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:39 pm
As far as Brooks goes, i thought he had turned the corner a bit, but there are still red lights there. Particularly when we had a full set on the Panthers line and Brooks only touched it on the last to give to Teddy to kick. Just not acceptable for a first grade half back. If he takes the bull by the horns and stuffs it, i can live with that, but please, have a go Luke, good players want the ball in their hands.
I think this describes Luke to a tea....it's like he doesn't want to in fear that he will lose the game or something. Yeah I would really like him to have a good crack!!! Or see ya later
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

BalmainBoy

Post by BalmainBoy » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:54 am

stryker wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm
supercoach wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:17 pm
Very average 1st half, all the usual stuff, poor 5th tackle options, some shocking passes, than I thought he had a strong second half. Very hard to shine as no7 when every set your 90m from the try line. Badger was poor as always and certainly gifted the Pennys plenty of yards and possession
What a load of garbage. Badger was pro Tigers today. Our shocking hands and poor defence, as always, lost that game.
Agree about the mistakes... but I thought the goaline defence in particular was pretty good.. There was a bad a call by Badger on the brooks Knock-on at 16-14 and Tigers defended that set well.. I think the Tigers have been much better defensively since Cleary came on.. still some lapses but do appear to be more committed and stronger mentally. Agree also, good teams don't worry about the ref.. you defend bad decisions and calls.. thats why Storm are number 1

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm

tigerfanatic wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:14 am
Earl wrote:
Geo. wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

😅😅
Geo is on fire at the moment. Great stuff.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:33 pm

Earl wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm
tigerfanatic wrote:
Earl wrote:
Geo. wrote:

😅😅
Wait till he re-signs Elijah the dud for 3 more years this week Earl..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:37 pm

I dunno I think there is a quality half in him somewhere... It's just frustrating waiting for him to find it.
We've all seen brief glimpses from him of the whole bag of tricks a good half needs, consistency has been his problem... I see a lack of confidence an issue with him too... Saw it yesterday with him passing off to Lolohea on the 5th to kick after his first few were average

BalmainBoy

Post by BalmainBoy » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:54 pm

Having a consistent hooker will help also... I gotta say, some of the passes from dummy half were not great yesterday which put the Brooks and the backs under pressure.. whether that's on McIlwrick or Brook's positional play, or both, I'm not sure.. but consistency in 7 and 9 will help.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 1:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:33 pm
Earl wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm
tigerfanatic wrote:
Earl wrote:

😅😅
Wait till he re-signs Elijah the dud for 3 more years this week Earl..
I can't wait.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 1:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:37 pm
I dunno I think there is a quality half in him somewhere... It's just frustrating waiting for him to find it.
We've all seen brief glimpses from him of the whole bag of tricks a good half needs, consistency has been his problem... I see a lack of confidence an issue with him too... Saw it yesterday with him passing off to Lolohea on the 5th to kick after his first few were average
Brooks isn't a clear cut issue as some on here are trying to state. He has a lot of good stuff in his game. In some ways passing it off if you are struggling can be the right option as well.

Honestly I don't think that Brooks is really a massive problem for us. I figure if we get some more quality players then Brooks will be fine. I don't think he will ever be an immortal but he doesn't need to be.

He also seems like a good kid. I have no idea how he is friends with the other two guys he lives with.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 1:36 pm

BalmainBoy wrote:
Mon 07 Aug, 2017 12:54 pm
Having a consistent hooker will help also... I gotta say, some of the passes from dummy half were not great yesterday which put the Brooks and the backs under pressure.. whether that's on McIlwrick or Brook's positional play, or both, I'm not sure.. but consistency in 7 and 9 will help.
Yeah, I'll make no bones in saying I like MM, but Penrith's line speed was ridiculous yesterday, our guys we being tied up and they were almost always reset waiting for the next play. Not sure whether that as big a hand in it as I think it did but maybe he was rushing passes out of DH, he certainly didn't have a lot of time.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

matchball

Post by matchball » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 1:43 pm

My biggest problem with Brooks is he can't seem to get a repeat set.
I can't remember the last time he has kicked and we've trapped someone in goal.