Refs managed the game well for penrith.

Russell

Re: Refs managed the game well for penrith.

Post by Russell » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:22 pm

Most of the penalties were ok except the Brooks one.

However it is all the penalties he doesn't give or he penalised us (deserved) but not the opposition.

As soon as I saw Badger as the Ref it was all over for me, so result not unexpected.

Perenara and Cechhen are not far behind him.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:02 am

Penrith's line speed was better than ours all day, but the telly didn't show enough high shots to see if Panthers were consistently offside or not. Grant got pinged twice however for trying to get off his line, and one of the offsides we copped was legit, every player 1-2 metres in front.

The thing that cruelled was the penalties mid-field from refs, there must have been 5 or more of the 10 penalties given 3rd or 4th tackle midfield for borderline type stuff like holding in the ruck or that Noffa non-flop.

We held Panthers out fairly well despite those penalties, but then when you add our own mistakes, lack of penetration bringing the ball back, fear of shifting the ball wide to counter the Penrith rush (we shifted early in the game and it worked well) then it meant we spent too much time in our own end.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:30 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:27 pm
Knuckles wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:34 pm
Home town Badger at his best today .... what about the knock on he called when the ball clearly came off Brook' legs ....... he hasn't changed.
Other than this incident I dont recall anything else in the game, rarely noticed the refs, didnt think they were that bad
Neither did I, Brooks knock on call was ordinary but could happen with any side. We won the ball back straight away only to squander possession right away. Typical.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 1:02 pm

It wasn't so much the penalties that annoyed me.

It was the little things -

e.g - Both Nofo tries were scruitinized, however DWZ's tries in normal speed looks like he might have had grounded the ball on the touchline on both occasions - he didn't, however they didn't scruitinize either of them.

One try given that was overturned for a clear obstruction - again, not the wrong decision, just leaning towards try pamfers.

The Brook "knock on" although we did get a bit of karma back on the very next play.

These little things that generally go without scrutiny are the ones that can change the game.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 4:24 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:59 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:57 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:50 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:27 pm

Other than this incident I dont recall anything else in the game, rarely noticed the refs, didnt think they were that bad
I have to agree really don't think they were that bad. That was a bad call, everything else seemed fair to me. We even got lucky with a couple of calls.
Yeah...agreed, I thought we got very lucky with Eisenhuths dive
For mine that was a try. He dived into Wallace after he realised he was beaten.
Yeah it was the same with Luke Lewis' try Austin grabbed Wade Graham and ruined the try of the year.
Archer has taken common sense out of the game,
It's not a game that can be refed from a rule book.
As for yesterday we gave away some dumb penalties, I did think that Penrith had a small 10 meters, that's where we need Cam Smith to go and get the refs to do it his way.