WESTS Tigers Team V Manly..

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Manly..

Unread post by maxxy86 » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:39 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:08 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 4:46 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 4:43 pm
I can see Ivan the terrible doin the ole switcharoo with MM and JLJ.....and that be the only change. Jack should be fresh tho 😀
And he does have a kicking game also.
Yes, a very substandard kicking game. Him and Brooks will put on a clinic.
Yes but kicking game all the same....MM hasn't got one.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:50 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:32 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:26 pm
Surely Ivan will have seen the error of his ways last weekend having a useless JLJ on the bench .. ?? Why have him there, he didn't get anytime game last weekend, so basically he was pinching a spot from a fresher bigger forward that we could've as our forwards lacked some punch late in each half .. !! Here's hoping the bench will have the following come Sundie arvo:

14. Twal
15. Aloiai
16. Sue
17. MCK
surely he cant persist JLJ for bench warming purposes

We are short 1 in the rotation, adds to fatigue hence contributes to missed tackles

If Ivan cant join these dots together he might as well be as dumb as Taylor and Potter
Surely he couldn't go with JLJ?
You should always put your best players on..
14. Twal
15. Aloiai
16. Sue
17. Ava

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:19 pm

Please Ivan get rid of Jack Littletalent from that bench. Signed, Tigers supporters everywhere
Tigers tragic since 1980.

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm

Think it must be an attitude thing with Ava. Doubt we will see him in a WT jersey again.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18519
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:34 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm
Think it must be an attitude thing with Ava. Doubt we will see him in a WT jersey again.
Its a ''Our season is over so we are investing in players who will be here in 2018'' thing.


User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:34 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm
Think it must be an attitude thing with Ava. Doubt we will see him in a WT jersey again.
Its a ''Our season is over so we are investing in players who will be here in 2018'' thing.
Ok cheers Ivan :roll:
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4750
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 9:33 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:32 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 6:26 pm
Surely Ivan will have seen the error of his ways last weekend having a useless JLJ on the bench .. ?? Why have him there, he didn't get anytime game last weekend, so basically he was pinching a spot from a fresher bigger forward that we could've as our forwards lacked some punch late in each half .. !! Here's hoping the bench will have the following come Sundie arvo:

14. Twal
15. Aloiai
16. Sue
17. MCK
surely he cant persist JLJ for bench warming purposes

We are short 1 in the rotation, adds to fatigue hence contributes to missed tackles

If Ivan cant join these dots together he might as well be as dumb as Taylor and Potter
Agree with both of you. The decision to waste a bench spot on JLJ is bizarre to say the least. Perhaps even stupid. Especially considering he is virtually never used.
Would love to hear Ivan's logic behind it.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24713
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 263 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 9:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:34 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm
Think it must be an attitude thing with Ava. Doubt we will see him in a WT jersey again.
Its a ''Our season is over so we are investing in players who will be here in 2018'' thing.
If Jack Littlejohn is here in 2018 I will be extremely surprised....

At least Ivan the Coach keeps the long standing team selection Tuesday whinge fest alive.. :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 10:07 pm

I don't want to sound negative but I really thought the constantly confounding team selections would end when Taylor left. What possible logic is there in the persistent and perplexing selection of JLJ? Surely there is a stronger case for Alouai, Felise or Ava....

User avatar
Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 10354
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm

sick of seeing JLJ there

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Bob » Wed 09 Aug, 2017 9:04 pm

Brooks is clearly under a slight injury cloud...

If he goes down injured in the 5th minute who can provide a long kick?

Ivan wouldn't have someone riding the pine for 80 mins if he wasn't the back up option.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by tigerap » Wed 09 Aug, 2017 9:19 pm

If Brooks goes down I'd put Tui at half and shift Lawrence to 5/8...rather than have JLJ as cover

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30327
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 7:52 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed 09 Aug, 2017 9:04 pm
Brooks is clearly under a slight injury cloud...

If he goes down injured in the 5th minute who can provide a long kick?

Ivan wouldn't have someone riding the pine for 80 mins if he wasn't the back up option.
What injury?

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 9:06 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 7:52 pm
Bob wrote:
Wed 09 Aug, 2017 9:04 pm
Brooks is clearly under a slight injury cloud...

If he goes down injured in the 5th minute who can provide a long kick?

Ivan wouldn't have someone riding the pine for 80 mins if he wasn't the back up option.
What injury?
His feelings are hurt after a few indifferent performances.

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Bob » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 12:43 am

willow wrote:
Thu 10 Aug, 2017 7:52 pm
Bob wrote:
Wed 09 Aug, 2017 9:04 pm
Brooks is clearly under a slight injury cloud...

If he goes down injured in the 5th minute who can provide a long kick?

Ivan wouldn't have someone riding the pine for 80 mins if he wasn't the back up option.
What injury?
Willow, I don't know. Maybe I phrased that the wrong way implying that I knew. It was unintentional- it's just the only common sense reason of having someone sitting on the bench for the whole game. There is a risk of a half going down.

Brooks could cover Lolo, lolo couldn't cover brooks as he can't kick out of our own half.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25032
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 139 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:46 am

Dozens asking the same question.... Tiresome
He's there for a reason, don't ask me why tho.
But it's not new... Many many times from many coaches from ours & other teams I've seen a benchie watch for 80

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:39 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:46 am
Dozens asking the same question.... Tiresome
He's there for a reason, don't ask me why tho.
But it's not new... Many many times from many coaches from ours & other teams I've seen a benchie watch for 80
Yep. I don't see it as that big a deal either.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3151
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 11:24 am

He can cover for Brooks and Lolo to start with. Don't need a second rower playing 5/8.

On last weeks performance, he would have played better than our DH (who has dickie knees to start with), has no kicking game and throws a mean ball behind supports so that the opposition can score.

Switching ET to DH is not a great move either before someone mentions that.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”