Been liked: 61 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Manly..

Unread post by Fade To Black » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 1:10 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 7:39 am
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 11 Aug, 2017 4:46 am
Dozens asking the same question.... Tiresome
He's there for a reason, don't ask me why tho.
But it's not new... Many many times from many coaches from ours & other teams I've seen a benchie watch for 80
Yep. I don't see it as that big a deal either.
Some supporters may not see it as a big deal but you wouldn't see too many successful clubs persisting with this tactic IMO. If a starter is so much of an injury risk then don't bloody play them until they are injury-free, it isnt like its Johnathan Thurston or a future Immortal that is crucial to our teams chances of success. Our halves are expendable.
Maybe we should have a designated back-up goalkicker riding the pine for 80 each week in case Lolo hurts his foot?
We get owned in the forwards every game without adding a burden of playing a bopper short every week.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 4:26 pm

Cleary has confirmed that Chris Lawrence (pectoral) will be unavailable for Sunday's game, with Michael Chee Kam called in to the starting side and Josh Aloiai to the bench.

WESTS TIGERS

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Tim Grant
16. Michael Chee Kam
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Alex Twal
15. Sauaso Sue
17. Jack Littlejohn
18. Josh Aloiai

Reserves:
19. JJ Felise
20. Joel Edwards

Coach: Ivan Cleary

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... _roun.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 5:26 pm

I like Aloiai on the bench. He provides good forward cover across the park and can have an impact. MCK could be a real good edge forward but every time he gets it I'm waiting for the mistake.

I really like Lawrence but he can't be given another contract. He is struggling with the grind.

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:32 pm

All the people who complian about Littjohn seem to miss a couple of key peices from the last 2 weeks.

Firstly you only have interchanges so the 2 props on the bench come on and off - so thats 4
Now normally also Esienhuth will come on and off for the backrower in either CheeKam or Aloia - so thats 2 extra changes.

That is 6 of the 8 changes and one extra is always saved till the last minute where possible because you don't want to have 12 players on the field

So that doesen't allow the hooker to come on and off. However what we have done previously also is ET and Lawrence have played 80 mins but due to injury the last 2 weeks ET has also come off which has added an extra interchange meaning we had 7 done without Littlejohn coming on.

If ET stays on for 80 mins then you can play around with the 4th player and get them on for decent time but in general for most teams now the 4th interchange player doesen't play huge minutes

If we look at ROund 22 and how many minutes the lowest minutes was for an interchange player
Dogs - 0 minutes
Eeels - 32 (Buth their fullback missed 40 minutes)
Dragons - 5 mins (despite Dugan missing 60 mins)
Souths - 19 mins
Cowboys - 21 (However 2 starting players played a total of 9 mins between them)
Storm - 24 (Including that Cam Smith had a break)
Knights - 23 (Again their fullback only played 49 mins)
Warriors - 0 (despite a winger missing 35 mins)
Titans- 18 (Both the half and 5/8 missed some time)
Broncos - 26 (with a prop starting at hooker to make it work and up 56-0)
Sharks - 14 (inclduing a back off for 6 mins)
Canberra - 5 ( a centre off for 5 mins)
Manly - 13 (with 2 outside backs coming off early)
Roosters - 9 (with a winger coming off 14 mins early)
Penrith -12
Tigers - 0 mins

So when you look at it that way if a team doesen't have any injuries in the backs then 4th reserve doesen't get much time in the majority of teams so with the tigers not having any injuries then you have too do some unusual stuff to get him on but its not just him if we had another forward on the bench they would if we didnt have any injuries play very few minutes. Only time they would play is if Chee Kam or Lawrence for example had to go to the backs. WIth Littlejohn it means that we have cover for every position in the field because he can play hooker and halves and CheeKam can cover the outside backs with Kevvie able to move to FB or Lolohea with Littlejon or CheeKam coming on

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:39 pm

JLJ is garbage
Tigers tragic since 1980.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:53 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:39 pm
JLJ is garbage
I believe you put your best 17 - that means Cleary should not be petty and Ava should be in the team.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:49 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:32 pm
All the people who complian about Littjohn seem to miss a couple of key peices from the last 2 weeks.

Firstly you only have interchanges so the 2 props on the bench come on and off - so thats 4
Now normally also Esienhuth will come on and off for the backrower in either CheeKam or Aloia - so thats 2 extra changes.

That is 6 of the 8 changes and one extra is always saved till the last minute where possible because you don't want to have 12 players on the field

So that doesen't allow the hooker to come on and off. However what we have done previously also is ET and Lawrence have played 80 mins but due to injury the last 2 weeks ET has also come off which has added an extra interchange meaning we had 7 done without Littlejohn coming on.

If ET stays on for 80 mins then you can play around with the 4th player and get them on for decent time but in general for most teams now the 4th interchange player doesen't play huge minutes

If we look at ROund 22 and how many minutes the lowest minutes was for an interchange player
Dogs - 0 minutes
Eeels - 32 (Buth their fullback missed 40 minutes)
Dragons - 5 mins (despite Dugan missing 60 mins)
Souths - 19 mins
Cowboys - 21 (However 2 starting players played a total of 9 mins between them)
Storm - 24 (Including that Cam Smith had a break)
Knights - 23 (Again their fullback only played 49 mins)
Warriors - 0 (despite a winger missing 35 mins)
Titans- 18 (Both the half and 5/8 missed some time)
Broncos - 26 (with a prop starting at hooker to make it work and up 56-0)
Sharks - 14 (inclduing a back off for 6 mins)
Canberra - 5 ( a centre off for 5 mins)
Manly - 13 (with 2 outside backs coming off early)
Roosters - 9 (with a winger coming off 14 mins early)
Penrith -12
Tigers - 0 mins

So when you look at it that way if a team doesen't have any injuries in the backs then 4th reserve doesen't get much time in the majority of teams so with the tigers not having any injuries then you have too do some unusual stuff to get him on but its not just him if we had another forward on the bench they would if we didnt have any injuries play very few minutes. Only time they would play is if Chee Kam or Lawrence for example had to go to the backs. WIth Littlejohn it means that we have cover for every position in the field because he can play hooker and halves and CheeKam can cover the outside backs with Kevvie able to move to FB or Lolohea with Littlejon or CheeKam coming on
Good post but I would rather see a different player for the 4th reserve. JLJ will not be here next year so why give him game time.

I would rather see a Jeremy Marshall-King or Watson Heleta for the last reserve.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:01 am

Club Sandwich wrote:
JLJ is garbage
people see players from different points of view,we are all entitled to our opinion,however Ivan has put JLJ on the bench for whatever reason...and I respect his choice as he is coach and I will support JLJ if he runs on for us as he is a WT player who always tries his best even if he is below NRL standard,he is part of the squad and I respect him for that..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:47 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:01 am
Club Sandwich wrote:
JLJ is garbage
I will support JLJ if he runs on for us as he is a WT player who always tries his best even if he is below NRL standard,he is part of the squad and I respect him for that..
Jeez let's start the hugs and singing kumbaya now shall we. If I got chosen in the squad I'd try my best too. I'd be terrible but hey, as long as I try my best I deserve to be there right?
You sound like those parents that advocate for every kid getting a 'participation award' at school competitions and no scoreboard at kids footy games because it might hurt someone's feelings if they lose.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:56 am

Club Sandwich wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:47 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Club Sandwich wrote:
JLJ is garbage
I will support JLJ if he runs on for us as he is a WT player who always tries his best even if he is below NRL standard,he is part of the squad and I respect him for that..
Jeez let's start the hugs and singing kumbaya now shall we. If I got chosen in the squad I'd try my best too. I'd be terrible but hey, as long as I try my best I deserve to be there right?
You sound like those parents that advocate for participation awards and kids footy games where
There are no points recorded because it might hurt someone's feelings if they lose.
You left the part out the part about we are all entitled to our opinion,but I suppose that was to support your childish response...
Club Sandwich is garbage...that would be poor of me to say that without knowing you,but then again we are entitled to our opinion,or would a response like would that sandwich be wholemeal,multigrain or white bread..thats how garbage your response was...
JLJ has probably worked really hard just to make the ISP cup team,there are many who would love the opportunity to even make that grade,however your opinion has been noted...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:34 am

cktiger wrote:
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:53 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
JLJ is garbage
I believe you put your best 17 - that means Cleary should not be petty and Ava should be in the team.
We already have 2 front rowers on the bench (Twal & Sue). Not sure Ava is better than them. Certainly can't play the minutes of Woods or Twal.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:58 am

Club Sandwich wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:47 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Club Sandwich wrote:
JLJ is garbage
Don't worry, I'll cheer for you clubbie. I'm sure you'll be better than Braith.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 1:33 pm

My 13 year old would be better than Braith...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 3:05 pm

WESTS TIGERS - Final Team..

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Tim Grant
16. Michael Chee Kam
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Alex Twal
15. Sauaso Sue
17. Jack Littlejohn
18. Josh Aloiai

Coach: Ivan Cleary

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... l_rou.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 3:30 pm

That bench doesn't look half bad.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”