**Live Game Thread**

The_Doc

Re: **Live Game Thread**

Post by The_Doc » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:51 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:56 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:57 pm
Who else thought they were odds on to disallow the match winning try, i was preparing myself to launch something through the Tv :D
I had to walk outside. I couldnt watch.
:lol: I could save a Tv or 2 by taking that approach

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:28 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:51 pm
gallagher wrote:
The_Doc wrote:
Who else thought they were odds on to disallow the match winning try, i was preparing myself to launch something through the Tv :D
I was standing at the TV telling my wife how DCE had conned the refs and duded us, felt like Roy masters on the old league show channel 7 used to have where he would explain all the different plays.

The refs let them lie all over us all game, it was very biased adjudicating given how hard our forwards ran compared to their powder puffs. A typical example of how refs crucify lower ranked teams and I thought that would carry over to the bunker too. Was glad to be wrong!

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:38 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:28 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:51 pm
gallagher wrote:
The_Doc wrote:
I was standing at the TV telling my wife how DCE had conned the refs and duded us, felt like Roy masters on the old league show channel 7 used to have where he would explain all the different plays.

The refs let them lie all over us all game, it was very biased adjudicating given how hard our forwards ran compared to their powder puffs. A typical example of how refs crucify lower ranked teams and I thought that would carry over to the bunker too. Was glad to be wrong!
Agree 100% we weren't a 14 point worse off side at half time either as Ivan said in the presser thank god we got the right result we deserved in the end all the boys had a dig.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:38 pm

Was at the game and most of the 80 minutes I thought we were getting shafted by the refs and thought we played without luck, than to jag a win was such a great feeling.

Came home and watched the replay on fox, and thought we actually got a few calls go our way especially in the second half and although it was a gutsy come from behind win, I thought our attack was pretty average, although we did score 30 points!!!

Anyway what I did love was the passion when we won, Cleary has got them into a very tight group and that will win you plenty of games and add some talent 2018 and anything is possible

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:04 pm

Not long finished watching the replay, what a great effort from the boys! Certainly didn't expect that, they played with so much intensity and energy and didn't give up when they were down on the scoreboard. That last bunker decision was a bloody nervous wait though. When they kept looking at it over and over, I couldn't believe we actually got the green light!

Haven't seen that type of commitment for a long time. Well done to everyone, coach and team.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:22 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:40 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm
No better example of why we need to get rid of all the non contracted players and bring in fresh cattle.
Maybe you could explain the example you are talking about?
The new players we have brought in, Lolo, Marsters, Suli, Esienhuth, Twal etc and removing the dead wood needs to continue and who knows what we may be capable of in 2018. Get rid of all the non contracted players and get fresh faces in.

The example is change is for the good.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

willow

Post by willow » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:25 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:08 pm
MCK and JLJ did very well today....well done fellas and the rest of the team...
JLJ did nothing.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 7:46 am

willow wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:25 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:08 pm
MCK and JLJ did very well today....well done fellas and the rest of the team...
JLJ did nothing.
At least he got some game time ....but as I said before,he is not NRL standard but gets out and does what he can...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 8:19 am

Even if we didn't score the last try, I am glad the boys dug in when they were well behind. We seem to be competing for 75-80% of the game now. Not quite the whole game but we only really went to sleep from the 20th to 40th minutes.

Better than our traditional 20 minute cameo.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:08 am

matchball wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:35 pm
Oh I'm pissed . I left the bar at half time and went to the beach. Just checking the score and we won. I missed the best comeback apparently.
I always miss the good stuff.
You've been posting some real crap on here lately, which you are entitled to do of course, your opinions are welcome.

But this comment, well makes total sense to me in light of your recent comments - you failed to stick it out and bemoan missing the good stuff.