Player and team stats from today

kh_canada

Re: Player and team stats from today

Post by kh_canada » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:44 pm

I loved Jesse tonight, played a killer game.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:50 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:30 pm
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but in all the games Alex Twal has played for us I think he has only 1 missed tackle so far.
Made 170 tackles and missed 2 tackles. Also 1 error in 6 games.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:52 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:01 pm
WswWt wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:38 pm
MCK really stood out for me today
In a good or bad way?
Personally i would have had him hooked at half time. Has a very long way to go.
Certainly glad you are not our coach then.

He maybe a clown in your eyes but he did a very good job out there for us today. In fact his last few games have seen him come on in leaps and bounds.

I thought that was Brooks best game since his first game in the NRL. Quite a few were a bit hard on Grants performance as well. Have not seen the replay yet but the tackle he was rubbished for not making was because there were no markers from memory. He is a front rower, not a quick DH, so he was never going to make the tackle.

Also thought Kev had a great game, kept Walker quiet for most of the game and did some nice work in attack. I'd sign him again for next year.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:56 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:52 pm
stryker wrote:
WswWt wrote:
In a good or bad way?

He maybe a clown in your eyes but he did a very good job out there for us today. In fact his last few games have seen him come on in leaps and bounds.

I thought that was Brooks best game since his first game in the NRL. Quite a few were a bit hard on Grants performance as well. Have not seen the replay yet but the tackle he was rubbished for not making was because there were no markers from memory. He is a front rower, not a quick DH, so he was never going to make the tackle.

Also thought Kev had a great game, kept Walker quiet for most of the game and did some nice work in attack. I'd sign him again for next year.
Im glad you like him, youll enjoy watching him in ISP next year then.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:58 pm

kh_canada wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:44 pm
I loved Jesse tonight, played a killer game.
His try after such a limp wristed effort from some of our forwards a few moments previous, inspired that win today. He ran like a demon.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:01 pm

Cleary has got Sue , Grant and MCK running it up as hard as they can, big improvement is showing

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:13 pm

Russell wrote:
stryker wrote:
WswWt wrote:
In a good or bad way?

Kev and Malaki were given a football lesson in the first half today by Walker and Uatai. Clearly outgunned. Got to give credit where it is due however, they never gave up and their second half efforts were much improved. Probably finished even for the game.
Can't see either of them in the top 17 next year (even if Kev stays).

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:27 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:50 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but in all the games Alex Twal has played for us I think he has only 1 missed tackle so far.
Made 170 tackles and missed 2 tackles. Also 1 error in 6 games.
Thanks Nelson still very impressive tackle stats.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:31 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
I also think he is playing injured so he will even get better.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:36 pm

Russell wrote:
stryker wrote:
WswWt wrote:
In a good or bad way?

Agree with you totally Russell. He gives 100% and he has definitely improved. He may not be in the 17 next year but credit where credit's due. As usual, Stryker is negative and quick to criticize.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:03 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:56 pm
Russell wrote:
stryker wrote:
WswWt wrote:
In a good or bad way?

Chee Kam just isn't a regular first grader. Fine as a squad player but that effort on Perrett was terrible. Him and Kev seem like nice blokes but if they're in our best 17 next year we're shot birds. Rochow for me is an improvement on MCK...

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:21 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:03 pm
stryker wrote:
Russell wrote:
stryker wrote:

In a good or bad way?

Chee Kam just isn't a regular first grader. Fine as a squad player but that effort on Perrett was terrible. Him and Kev seem like nice blokes but if they're in our best 17 next year we're shot birds. Rochow for me is an improvement on MCK...
Didn't think mck was involved in the perrett try happening it was jlj

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:38 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:21 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:03 pm
stryker wrote:
Russell wrote:

Didn't think mck was involved in the perrett try happening it was jlj
It was both of them, but it was moreso JLJ's fault.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:02 pm

JLJ got thin air but MCK made an awful attempt.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:43 am

Russell wrote:
stryker wrote:
WswWt wrote:
In a good or bad way?

He's definitely playing with greater confidence now that he's being used in the backrow. Defensively he's not great but he's got no issues doing the dirty hitups which you need. At full strength he's not in FG next season, but players like MCK, Naiqama, Grant, they're very good depth players for when injuries strike.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:51 am

I often wonder how many metres do the refs do?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:39 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 12:51 am
I often wonder how many metres do the refs do?
They would average something very similar to the players considering they run with the offence and the defence.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:41 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:31 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
I also think he is playing injured so he will even get better.
To add to that as well, he has a whole off season to look forward to under Cleary. I am honestly excited to see this team next year.