I cryed with 3 mins to go for the tigers to win

sjtiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: I cryed with 3 mins to go for the tigers to win

Unread post by sjtiger » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 1:11 am

Yep...guilty of jumping around hollering and carrying on after the game.
Living in Newcastle, all I've heard the past fortnight are comments about them catching us.
I almost couldn't watch that last 10 mins.

Glad I did.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:43 am

I couldn't just go home after the game (although I should have).. needed to yell and scream after the game. got home a couple of hours ago. The pubs in Balmain were going off. So many Tigers jerseys and emotional slaps on the backs to complete strangers.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 7:09 am

Has anyone checked out the Sea Eagles forum to check if they are crying a river?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerbenji
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 7:16 am

Wasnt going to go but did, So glad i did & it was like 2005 all over again. Love those Wests Tigers.

tigerbalm
Has liked: 8 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 8:13 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:57 pm
One of the things I love after a win is just soaking up every detail. I try to watch the game again, view all the player interviews, read every forum post, watch all the fox shows, I might even buy the Tele tomorrow.... no stuff em, I'll just read everything online!!

I'm in the same boat. Haven't watched or read much on footy this year due to the slim pickings. Plenty of reading/watching this week though!

Even had a flick through the live game thread on the manly forum. The salty salty tears are delicious! Best bit is by page 10 ( half time) it's all about how this will be great for the eagles f&a and top four is a lock! Then....slowly....the doubt starts creeping in. Page 30 the anger starts. If you finish reading everything else it's worth a view lol

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 8:16 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 8:13 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
One of the things I love after a win is just soaking up every detail. I try to watch the game again, view all the player interviews, read every forum post, watch all the fox shows, I might even buy the Tele tomorrow.... no stuff em, I'll just read everything online!!

I'm in the same boat. Haven't watched or read much on footy this year due to the slim pickings. Plenty of reading/watching this week though!

Even had a flick through the live game thread on the manly forum. The salty salty tears are delicious! Best bit is by page 10 ( half time) it's all about how this will be great for the eagles f&a and top four is a lock! Then....slowly....the doubt starts creeping in. Page 30 the anger starts. If you finish reading everything else it's worth a view lol
As I mentioned that forum first can you be generous enough to supply a link, I would not have an idea it's name etc.. thanks.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerbill
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigerbill » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 9:38 pm

I wondered where this team was at the start of the year. Answer: it wasn't the same team. A match like that shows you how big the mental aspect is in NRL....Reynolds will at least give us that.

voice of reason
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by voice of reason » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 9:45 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 8:16 pm
As I mentioned that forum first can you be generous enough to supply a link, I would not have an idea it's name etc.. thanks.
https://silvertails.net/threads/manly-v ... 017.52799/

There's a satisfying degree of Schadenfreude reading the last several pages. It's made my night actually :)
Suffering supporter since 1967

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 8:13 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Just read it. Hilarious. I loved the change from 'let's pile on points' to 'we won't make the 8'

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 6:42 am

Up to about page 19 and this is my favourite so far:
I thought I was watching the North Sydney Bears in that second half plucking defeat from the Jaws of victory.
Fancy losing both the Holden Cup and First Grade matches to teams at the bottom of the comp.
And people dispute that there are Hoodos.
Leichhardt Oval strikes again.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 6:59 am

Another:
...That was such a frustrating match.
I say in future when the draw comes out and we have to play at WIN Stadium or Leichhardt we just concede the two points. Our blokes - no matter the makeup of the team - consistently lose to lesser opposition at these two grounds.

Another:
.....Hey Ryan, we deserved to win it mate. It hurts when we get robbed and if you need to cry, just let it out.

I think for me knowing that we had today's win taken away by very poor officiating makes it worse. I go on internal rants about how unfair the world is etc.

And at the moment I am just hoping that the neighbours have not called the police on me. I have almost lost my voice from swearing profusively at the T.V. and well it was very, very loud and could be mistaken for bad behaviour of some sort.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 7:07 am

And another: Have never seen DCE lose it like he did when the ref ruled try at the end there. Wasn't at the press conference either.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 7:12 am

Evert time I stand at the South Western End of the Hill we win at LO. I was almost in the exact same spot when we bet the Cowboys. Only problem when everyone jumps to their feet it's hard to see.
Before the Manly game it was four months ago that we had played a game at LO. There was so much passion showed by the crowd and seemed to have an effect on the players. I like the Suburban grounds Campbelltown and Brookie. Shark Park as well.

The Tigers showed a lot of spirit. I know Josh Reynolds isn't in the greatest form, however I have a feeling he'll be good for us. Personality wise he is ying yang with Brooks. I think they'll complement each other. If they don't we'll have more options in the halves next year.
If the Tigers play the last few games of 2017 with the spirit they have shown over the last two months and notch up another win against a top side. I'll be a very happy. There were some dark times in 2017. That win against Manly has lifted the fans and the teams spirits.

*side note. I can't remember the last time I danced but I was dancing at full time on the hill with a lot of other happy Tigers fans.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 9:56 am

Good to see that the "Old Tiger/Magpie" spirit has returned - good to see it has been infused into the Wests Tigers again - the never say die attitude that wins you games when all the cards are stacked against you.

Go you Mighty Tigers!!!!!

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”