Keleti Vaingalo

tiger3

Re: Keleti Vaingalo

Post by tiger3 » Mon 07 Dec, 2009 1:21 pm

I know Keleti - great young man,bright and very funny...would put Beau Ryan and his antics to shame at times with his one liners at high school.
An absolute gun rugby and athletics star...make no mistake, he IS the REAL DEAL!!
Mr Trodden deserves a medal for getting him to sign with us...he has been hot property for a couple of years now and the fact that we have him is outstanding news!!

FootyFan

Post by FootyFan » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 10:47 am

This is Keliti in year 11 two years ago.
Attachments
070527Rugby_37-2.jpg
070527Rugby_37-2.jpg (217.66 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm hoping he's not the one with the ball and the 'oh bother' look on his face!
Serious physique for a yr11 'kid'!!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

TigerPies

Post by TigerPies » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 4:56 pm

Newington are in white, so that's him pollaxing a sydney high boy. Sydney Boys High was my old school, back then we gave it to newington, it appears times have changed

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Sat 02 Jan, 2010 10:53 pm

I remember versing Keliti in Athletics when i was around 10-13 at regional carnivals in Shot Put and Discus. The Kid was massive! Built like a 15/16 yr old everyone was under the impression he would win everything... smashed the shot Put because of sheer size.. but i beat him in Discus, even with the runners build. oh and trust me he was running sub 13's around 13/14 def would be running 11's i sense a Tuiaki in the making perhaps?

Mystery

Post by Mystery » Tue 05 Jan, 2010 4:18 pm

Great tackle tech

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 06 Jan, 2010 7:56 am

helmesy wrote:If he is such a talent why did the Roosters let him go?
Guess they would rather watse their time curing Carney than to spend time and effort to bring through a junior - hasn't that always been that the roosters way of doing things.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Wed 06 Jan, 2010 11:34 am

diedpretty wrote:
helmesy wrote:If he is such a talent why did the Roosters let him go?
Because he doesn't drink and he's a clean skin! :lol:

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 12 Jan, 2010 11:58 am

Marshall_magic wrote:The Next Sonny Bill Williams? Every club has had 2 or 3 of them come into grade in the last 5 years. None of them even came close.

Sonny Bill never really came close to being Sonny Bill for very long...

How's the young fella tracking, Do we have any news from the Under 20s insiders?
UTT - Up The Tigers

tiger3

Post by tiger3 » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 1:56 pm

Keleti was a GPS Rugby star and played for Wests Harbour. He was always going to be a Tiger as soon as he was spotted considering we share Camp Concord with them,and even in school he dreamt of this. A great compliment to our Club that a young man with major talent hopes to be associated with an outfit like ours, and the great talent we have playing for us like Benji and Robbie, when he is being thrown money to join other clubs with a lesser reputation for hard work and community spirit. Simply can not wait to see him run on in our colours for the first time!

Tiger_Tomato

Post by Tiger_Tomato » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 4:00 pm

It will be very interesting to see what happens to the plethora of young talent we have coming through the ranks at the tigers over the next 5 years. The like of Lui, Mullaney, Dwyer, Woods, Fifita, Murdoch and this Keleti Vaingalo kid are just a few of the ones that come to mind. Put them along side Farah, Galloway, Marshall, Moltzen, Ayshford, Lawrence and there is alot of talent there.

Some of them have to go. I hope the retention department are doing there job and we end up with the best of the very good bunch. not the Fitzhenry's!!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 4:54 pm

Eye Of Wests Tigers wrote:I remember versing Keliti in Athletics when i was around 10-13 at regional carnivals in Shot Put and Discus. The Kid was massive! Built like a 15/16 yr old everyone was under the impression he would win everything... smashed the shot Put because of sheer size.. but i beat him in Discus, even with the runners build. oh and trust me he was running sub 13's around 13/14 def would be running 11's i sense a Tuiaki in the making perhaps?
Screw it. Keleti for first grade fullback 2010.

tigesup

Post by tigesup » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 7:22 pm

Tiger_Tomato wrote:It will be very interesting to see what happens to the plethora of young talent we have coming through the ranks at the tigers over the next 5 years. The like of Lui, Mullaney, Dwyer, Woods, Fifita, Murdoch and this Keleti Vaingalo kid are just a few of the ones that come to mind. Put them along side Farah, Galloway, Marshall, Moltzen, Ayshford, Lawrence and there is alot of talent there.

Some of them have to go. I hope the retention department are doing there job and we end up with the best of the very good bunch. not the Fitzhenry's!!
Its the old story, you can't keep em all.

I think the junior recruitment by Wests Tigers is starting to pay real dividends. Our problem will be that the exposure of the 20's comp will continue to put pressure on these kids being able to stay with the club.

As our kids continue to develop really well through the system WestsTigers have in place other clubs are waiting with cheque books.

Another argument for salary cap changes goes on. Junior development discounts shoud be a main focus of the salary cap.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 8:29 pm

tigesup wrote:Another argument for salary cap changes goes on. Junior development discounts shoud be a main focus of the salary cap.
HEAR HEAR!

(but of course we all know that that would be unfair to poor lazy scum clubs like the rorters who couldn;t be bothered developing their own kids.)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

PDub

Post by PDub » Tue 18 Jan, 2011 9:56 pm

What happened to this kid?
He is listed in Souths NYC for 2011

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 18 Jan, 2011 10:20 pm

He went to South Nyc in 2011..cant keep them ALL i guess
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile