2010 NRL Premiership ODDS....

Buckets of blood

Re: 2010 NRL Premiership ODDS....

Post by Buckets of blood » Mon 28 Dec, 2009 4:44 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Looks about on the money.

Dogs to do worse IMO

Sharks to continue dreadful run - Inside mail is injury and depth to be an issue 2010
How can you have 'inside mail' about injury being an issue?

:lol: :lol:

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 7:42 am

RISK Analysis.

It's a thing most business' do.

Metrics were defined highlighting potential coverage / deficiences and having them addressed via recruitment (short term) or Development (Med-Long Term).

Put simply, it's like we do here " Who is Robbies Back up?" and "This Guy can play X,Y,Z positions"......
UTT - Up The Tigers

Footy Head Goodness

Post by Footy Head Goodness » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:09 am

quintus wrote:What code do I use to decipher all that rubbish above that you have just added to your original statement. If you are game enough to give me odds of 26/1 against Wests Tigers winning the competition then I will gladly take you on for $1000 (as you suggested). The only proviso that I will make is that the bank cheques are held by a trustworthy third party agreed to by both of us before the first premiership game is played. None of this behind the scene nonsense for me I like everything up front.
DONE!!! Let me know how you would like to proceed. Ill gradly take your $1000.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 2:07 pm

Spartan117 wrote: " Who is Robbies Back up?" ....

FITZHENRY.......... :?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 2:08 pm

citizen cub wrote:that is a fair estimate IMO. i'm just a little baffled why so many people are favouring parramatta. they had a good run but i'm really not sure about a team with it's capabilites and when you look at them on paper i can't note many " superstars ". now don't mistake me for thinking their run was a fluke 'cause it wasn't. they've got a genius full back in hayne. burt is crap, while grothe is 'solid'. tahu is past it and i doubt playing union for 2 seasons is gonna help him. mortimer is another 'solid' player. robson is totally overrated. cayless makes hardly ANY impact with hit ups. keating has got a bright future. moi moi is the stand out in the fowards there. hindmarsh works his backside off but i don't think he has the same impact as better back rowers in the game. mateo came back well from injury.

on paper, we could KILL this team, it justs really depends whether they get a role on

tigers look like we have everything going for us next year
In many ways Parra are a lot like the Tigers, an few injuries and there season will come to a halt. I wouldn't be throwing my money on them at this stage either. The Tigers should get over the top of most teams on paper. This year we must do it on the field as well.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 7:29 pm

The odds most bookies are setting on the tigers are pretty spot on, mid table. A lot of people are getting hyped up about a good month at the back end of 2009. Every season is a new season and their are teams that over achieve and others under achieve. Like others I think we have probably our best squad since the joint venture was formed, but I know from years and years of following the tigers (previously balmain) that names on paper mean nothing. Over the past four years we have lost 90% of our must win games and that trend has to change if we are going to be still playing in September. The bookies are not not stupid and set boards with their brains and not their hearts

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 7:56 pm

supercoach wrote:The odds most bookies are setting on the tigers are pretty spot on, mid table. A lot of people are getting hyped up about a good month at the back end of 2009. Every season is a new season and their are teams that over achieve and others under achieve. Like others I think we have probably our best squad since the joint venture was formed, but I know from years and years of following the tigers (previously balmain) that names on paper mean nothing. Over the past four years we have lost 90% of our must win games and that trend has to change if we are going to be still playing in September. The bookies are not not stupid and set boards with their brains and not their hearts
I think thats spot on.
but too be honest I didnt expect the bookies would have the tigers at such low odds.

Buckets of blood

Post by Buckets of blood » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 8:34 pm

Spartan117 wrote:RISK Analysis.

It's a thing most business' do.

Metrics were defined highlighting potential coverage / deficiences and having them addressed via recruitment (short term) or Development (Med-Long Term).

Put simply, it's like we do here " Who is Robbies Back up?" and "This Guy can play X,Y,Z positions"......
So- a wanky way of saying they have no depth.
Mail on no depth.... :roll: ...congrats scoop.
As for mail on injurys...time to change hands.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:14 pm

Relax Buckets...

Internal assessment by the club is a lack of depth in key positions... In writing

Thats all.
UTT - Up The Tigers

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:33 pm

Lack of Depth in key positions........isn't that why Sticky recruited J. Mo....... :shock:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Wed 30 Dec, 2009 9:13 am

I'm hot to trot. Because you are in Sydney (I presume) and I'm not, I will leave it up to you to formulate a plan whereby both cheques are held in safe custody until payout time. I prefer they be held by a bank but will consider other safe options. I like a punter who is confident and who has already stated twice that he will take my $1000 (chewing gum money). I don't put mug bets on anything so may I say that if it happens that I collect it will give me much pleasure in pocketing your $24000. Good luck. :supporter:

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Wed 30 Dec, 2009 5:17 pm

wow 26 to one is free money.

You can lay the Tigers at 16 to one right now on betfair and get the 10times for free.

Im surprised were that short to be honest.

I got a little on early in the 20's but wouldnt back em at these odds just yet.

Moh

Post by Moh » Thu 31 Dec, 2009 1:36 pm

That's good value on Souths and Knights. I'm positive Souths will make top 4.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 03 Jan, 2010 12:31 pm

Moh wrote:I'm positive Souths will make top 4.
Doubt it, they're Souths, they'll find a way to stuff it up

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sun 03 Jan, 2010 1:14 pm

quintus wrote:I'm hot to trot. Because you are in Sydney (I presume) and I'm not, I will leave it up to you to formulate a plan whereby both cheques are held in safe custody until payout time. I prefer they be held by a bank but will consider other safe options. I like a punter who is confident and who has already stated twice that he will take my $1000 (chewing gum money). I don't put mug bets on anything so may I say that if it happens that I collect it will give me much pleasure in pocketing your $24000. Good luck. :supporter:
Should read $26000 not $24000.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Sun 03 Jan, 2010 1:35 pm

Buckets of blood wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Looks about on the money.

Dogs to do worse IMO

Sharks to continue dreadful run - Inside mail is injury and depth to be an issue 2010
How can you have 'inside mail' about injury being an issue?

:lol: :lol:
are u serious?

heard of ONGOING Concerns? long term injuries, age injuries,

:roll:

Buckets of blood

Post by Buckets of blood » Sun 03 Jan, 2010 2:30 pm

Yes I have, its par for the course at clubs with inadequate medicos and those that put players at risk like we do

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 03 Jan, 2010 5:26 pm

$1.80 Brisbane to make the Top 8 seems reasonable given their track record... I'd be just as happy to lose my cash and see them not make the 8 anyway so it's all upside!!