FOUNDATION CUP Live Game Thread

Kul

Re: FOUNDATION CUP Live Game Thread

Post by Kul » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:47 pm

All other players look to have pulled up well.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:48 pm

When I say lui was a standout, I meanthat compared to last season he has definantly improved.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:49 pm

So he's not Benji Marshall yet?

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:49 pm

i guess we will have to wait to see what Coach Sheens wants written about him on the WT website

Beavis

Post by Beavis » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:49 pm

When have they ever played properly/to their full potential in a trial game? We've never won this silly Foundation Cup game. Heck, we barely win trials at all.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:51 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
Snowy wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:moltz and benj should be the 6 and 7 for starters .....
but when has sheens taken a trial seriously ......lets just hope we get no injuries .....

why would he? its a trial....... no 2 points available dont blame him.
because snowy thats our best combination in the halves. every man and his dog knows lui isnt ready for the big step up .....

agree on the halves combo, but still no need to take a trial seriously. IMO trials are for giving multiple players a run and trialing personal in different positions. Also Lui played well on reports on here but still prefer Benji and Moltz.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:55 pm

The only drama will be if Benji's injury is a problem.
Other than that it was a bit of a run around to shake the cobwebs out.
Hopefully sheens will realise that Lawrence does not need to play 5/8 in our current team (although sheens was probably just checking out the final options).
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Mona Lolesi

Post by Mona Lolesi » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:58 pm

Lui was pathetic and fultons highlight was him throwing up on the field.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks for the running commentary everyone.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:03 pm

Would have been nice to win - obviously there is more work to do.

Looking forward to getting match reviews.

Ausmunin

Post by Ausmunin » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:07 pm

Don't care that we lost. The Roosters won last year and they got the spoon. I am glad the boys got a run and there seems to be no injuries. Bring on round 1.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:14 pm

Mona Lolesi wrote:Lui was pathetic and fultons highlight was him throwing up on the field.
Carried last years form into this game ?

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:16 pm

Ausmunin wrote:Don't care that we lost. The Roosters won last year and they got the spoon. I am glad the boys got a run and there seems to be no injuries. Bring on round 1.

Exactly mate...

Hey Kul how did the boys fitness look? Attack and defense improve for us as the season progresses but I really thought we'd be one of the fittest sides this year - did we run out of puff?

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:20 pm

I just wish supercoach would put our 7-0 halfback back to halfback again

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:23 pm

Just got home from the game. We were very average. I don't particularly care or want to read much into trial form. Particularly with the Roosters coming off the spoon, they were always likley to be more up for it.

However we were pretty dissapointing. Ne real go forwards, lots of dropped pill and shaky defence up the middle of the ruck. Lui was very ordinary. Looks like he doesn't have any authority over Marshall or Farah. His kicking game was dismal. Moltzens positional play at fullback was pretty ordinary. No real standouts I thought. Marshall and Farah looked dangerous, with Lawrence heavily involved. Ellis got some good offloads, and Fulton and Heightington went ok. Galloway and Cayless looked well short of a run. None of the bench players provided any impact from memory.

The main issue for me is Lui. Im really worried he is not our best option and not commanding enough, and that Moltzen is a below average fullback. At times tonight he had Marshall and Farah almost playing a game by themselves desperately trying to create. Lui rarely had first hands on the ball and provided no organisation.

Don't want to slate him as he is young and raw. However I don't think he is ready.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:25 pm

Fitness looked good, but we did have 6 on the bench. I think lui, moltz and lawrence were the only ones to play the full 80...

Hope benji is alright. Only looked like a slight sprain though.

Brilliant hit and vom by Fulton!

Post by 851 » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:27 pm

Eddie wrote:Just got home from the game. We were very average. I don't particularly care or want to read much into trial form. Particularly with the Roosters coming off the spoon, they were always likley to be more up for it.

However we were pretty dissapointing. Ne real go forwards, lots of dropped pill and shaky defence up the middle of the ruck. Lui was very ordinary. Looks like he doesn't have any authority over Marshall or Farah. His kicking game was dismal. Moltzens positional play at fullback was pretty ordinary. No real standouts I thought. Marshall and Farah looked dangerous, with Lawrence heavily involved. Ellis got some good offloads, and Fulton and Heightington went ok. Galloway and Cayless looked well short of a run. None of the bench players provided any impact from memory.

The main issue for me is Lui. Im really worried he is not our best option and not commanding enough, and that Moltzen is a below average fullback. At times tonight he had Marshall and Farah almost playing a game by themselves desperately trying to create. Lui rarely had first hands on the ball and provided no organisation.

Don't want to slate him as he is young and raw. However I don't think he is ready.
Thanks Eddie,Sheens will somehow put a spin on it and Lui will have surpassed expectations, :evil: ,how about giving Taumata a run Tim and let go of that ego.
Go hard or go home

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:32 pm

what scares me is we have guys like Moltzen,Lazarus,Tamarta,Florimo yet we are thinking of putting Lawrence in the halfs
another year and nothing has changed :roll: