FOUNDATION CUP Live Game Thread

Geo.

Re: FOUNDATION CUP Live Game Thread

Post by Geo. » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:22 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:Went up the tunnel limping and didn't come back out..
Cause there was 35 seconds left in the game..........why would he come back out....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:31 pm

Sad to hear that Timmy Moltzen - of whom I am a fan - had a poor game at the back again.
If his stubborn old coach wont put him in at half then I cant really find a position for him....because he is no where near NRL standard as a fullback.

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:42 pm

stryker wrote:Sad to hear that Timmy Moltzen - of whom I am a fan - had a poor game at the back again.
If his stubborn old coach wont put him in at half then I cant really find a position for him....because he is no where near NRL standard as a fullback.
Thats what happens when supercoach manufactures an Australian Schoolboy halfback in to a Fullback he is so much better at Halfback, maybe hes unhappy at Fullback either way I recon he will start at Halfback in round 1, By all reports Lui had an average night you would have thought tonight was his night to show the freakish talent that he apparently has and to cement his position for round 1, cmon supercaoch we need Moltz in the number 7.

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:59 pm

Kul wrote:Lui and Fulton were standouts
Replace Lui with Ellis, and Fulton with Marshall and I've got to say I agree with you.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:12 pm

As I predicted, we would struggle in beating Easts and that is exactly what has happened.

Easts kept their key positions on the field for 80 minutes of this trial and it benefited the scoreline at the end of the game. Their coach has settled on their key positions and is getting them used to these positions before round 1.

Our coach traditionally has not and never seems to settle on a halfback until well into the season (usually around rounds 14 - 16 when it is all too late.)

Lui is not ready to play halfback in first grade. He played bad tonight which is unfortunate because he looks the fittest I have ever seen him. His short kicking game was extremely poor as were his last tackle options. His long kicking game was good, defence was ok, organisational duties extremely bad. Lui looked good at 2nd receiver but very very poor at halfback.

Moltzen was average at fullback.

The Fonz will lose a lot of games this season if he starts with Lui at 7 and Moltz at 1.

Moltzen must be in the 7 jersey.

Our new recruits were all non-remarkable. None of them stoodout lets be honest. It is a trial and this was their opportunity to do something and none of them did anything special. I suppose none of them except for Mitch Brown played any NRL in 2009 and when Brown did he did not turn any heads. So we should not really expect these 'signings' to turn into match winners in an off season when they have never been match winners in the past.

Moors tried hard which was good to see but in reality he was average. Fifita is a much better player. Daniela has a sharpness about him but he is not a 1st grade player at this stage. Simple as that. Pritchard and Davis in my opinion are much more advanced in ability than what Daniela is.

Mitch Brown did well to catch the ball and fall over the line for a try but that was all that he really did and the argument that he is anything more than an average 1st grader could prove to be correct.

Cayless hit the line hard on a couple of occasions but he did not play much so it is hard to judge if he will be of any use for us any time soon. All other new players were average. Lawrence played at 5/8 at times and this is a massive waste. (Fonz please note Lawrence is not a 5/8 although thats what you want him to be). If Fonz needs a fill in 5/8 use Lui not Lawrence.

Benji played well, he hit hard in defence and was a sole operator in attack. Farah looked good too. Ellis was outstanding. Fulton was good when he hit the line and if Fulton has runners coming off him as he is about to hit the line, look out, we will cut sides to shreds. Fulton needs runners.

So all in all a poor trial. Blokes that needed to show the coach something, in my opinion did not. Non of the new recruits put their hand up to be noticed.

Not one.

I hope Mullaney gets a shot at the 1 jersey against the Sharks and Moltzen in the 7 with Lui in the 6 if Bagz is out injured.

The ball is well and truly in the Fonz's court to get a team ready and competitive for round 1 will no silly bugger positional selections.

The ball is in your court Fonz.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:21 pm

Just saw Cayless's hit on Carney at the end of the match and from what I saw it looks like he is going to get suspended..
The hit was a little late and he took Carney out with an elbow straight to the face.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:41 pm

benjibrotown wrote:Just saw Cayless's hit on Carney at the end of the match and from what I saw it looks like he is going to get suspended..
The hit was a little late and he took Carney out with an elbow straight to the face.

Could get 4-6 weeks realistically.

He does not have a leg to stand on.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:15 am

I have about 40 minutes of video footage of the game if anyone is interested

alien

Post by alien » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:21 am

BigUnit wrote:I have about 40 minutes of video footage of the game if anyone is interested
Put it on Youtube and give us the links

alien

Post by alien » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:53 am

Eye Of Wests Tigers wrote:
softlaw wrote:
Kul wrote:Carney tackled into the spew!
typical friday night for carney then
As for Fulton, dont think ive ever seen/heard of that before a player spewingg? Damm maybe the preseason was tough for the boyss
Maybe Myles told Liam what he did in the hotel last year when he got drunk. Liam might have a weak stomach, although I doubt it.

Also on Carney - I knew I should have offered him some of my Jim Beam and Cola cans at Leichhardt Oval last night (Saturday) at the Balmain NSW Cup game. He might not be able to stop drinking once he starts. I saw some people in the crowd at the Foundation Cup offer him some free beer.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:21 am

Balmain Bug wrote:As I predicted, we would struggle in beating Easts and that is exactly what has happened.

Easts kept their key positions on the field for 80 minutes of this trial and it benefited the scoreline at the end of the game. Their coach has settled on their key positions and is getting them used to these positions before round 1.

Our coach traditionally has not and never seems to settle on a halfback until well into the season (usually around rounds 14 - 16 when it is all too late.)

Lui is not ready to play halfback in first grade. He played bad tonight which is unfortunate because he looks the fittest I have ever seen him. His short kicking game was extremely poor as were his last tackle options. His long kicking game was good, defence was ok, organisational duties extremely bad. Lui looked good at 2nd receiver but very very poor at halfback.

Moltzen was average at fullback

The Fonz will lose a lot of games this season if he starts with Lui at 7 and Moltz at 1.

Moltzen must be in the 7 jersey.

Our new recruits were all non-remarkable. None of them stoodout lets be honest. It is a trial and this was their opportunity to do something and none of them did anything special. I suppose none of them except for Mitch Brown played any NRL in 2009 and when Brown did he did not turn any heads. So we should not really expect these 'signings' to turn into match winners in an off season when they have never been match winners in the past.

Moors tried hard which was good to see but in reality he was average. Fifita is a much better player. Daniela has a sharpness about him but he is not a 1st grade player at this stage. Simple as that. Pritchard and Davis in my opinion are much more advanced in ability than what Daniela is.

Mitch Brown did well to catch the ball and fall over the line for a try but that was all that he really did and the argument that he is anything more than an average 1st grader could prove to be correct.

Cayless hit the line hard on a couple of occasions but he did not play much so it is hard to judge if he will be of any use for us any time soon. All other new players were average. Lawrence played at 5/8 at times and this is a massive waste. (Fonz please note Lawrence is not a 5/8 although thats what you want him to be). If Fonz needs a fill in 5/8 use Lui not Lawrence.

Benji played well, he hit hard in defence and was a sole operator in attack. Farah looked good too. Ellis was outstanding. Fulton was good when he hit the line and if Fulton has runners coming off him as he is about to hit the line, look out, we will cut sides to shreds. Fulton needs runners.

So all in all a poor trial. Blokes that needed to show the coach something, in my opinion did not. Non of the new recruits put their hand up to be noticed.

Not one.

I hope Mullaney gets a shot at the 1 jersey against the Sharks and Moltzen in the 7 with Lui in the 6 if Bagz is out injured.

The ball is well and truly in the Fonz's court to get a team ready and competitive for round 1 will no silly bugger positional selections.

The ball is in your court Fonz.

Pretty well sums it all up...great post BB.
I just don't know why Sheens didn't put on Jake in the second half and moved Moltzen to halfback.....what was the point on doing a Ben Jeffries on him.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 8:19 am

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 9:06 am

Tigers played horribly. I can count on one hand the number of sets they completed.

Lui needs work, Moltzen was average at best - he still resists taking a kick return - and, although some of our bigger blokes were in the stands, the Roosters made us look small with their size and their metres gained.

Also, on the 'trial' front, when Jones went off and Carney went into the halves with Mini replacing him at the back, they looked very dangerous - it was clear what the combination for the season should be. I didn't get that at all with the Tigers - it didn't look like we 'trialled' much at all.

The only thing I was impressed with was Fulton's spew-game. On a scale of one to ten, it was 25.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:20 am

I want to know 3 things

1. Do we still have trouble getting out of our own end?
2. Do you cringe when a bomb goes up near our line?
3. Can we defend our line?

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:23 pm

Cayless hit looked rather bad.

What may save him is the availability of camera angles. I've only seen one shot and it would be rough to give a bloke 4-6 weeks off that one angle which didn't have a lot of clarity. The hit was also pretty soft, even if it was with the elbow. They tend to grade trial challenges pretty low. Think it'll be 2 with an early plea.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 4:39 pm

I reckon Tim Sheen is making very detail notes on the 400 different opinions in this thread alone - Pleple we should all relax.

Patience - Everyone wants this to happin magically yesterday.

Time for the older heads to stabilse the forum.

Trail Game # 2 - thats all it was.
UTT - Up The Tigers

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 4:42 pm

I think this is the best thing for us. We as a club and as supporters are very confident this year, maybe too confident. Being touched up by the wooden spooners is exactly what we need to ensure we are switched on come round 1.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 4:50 pm

"Relax its only a trial", they said the same thing last year, the year before that, the year before that and the year before that and you know we missed the big games in all those years.

The point, yes we should be worried and its nothing to do loosing but how we lost. All the same things that haunted us for years seem to be still their.

To think the Manly games is three weeks away today is a worry. We need early points and plenty of them we dont have a good record of winning must win games at the back end of the season.