A few notes from the SFS

cnx_tigers

A few notes from the SFS

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:11 pm

TNT was mixing with some of the members and sponsors during the night.........walking pretty freely. He was also joking around post game with Gibbs and climed up on his seat. Excuse me if I'm missing something here, but didn't Sheens say that TNT had undergone a new operation and could be out most of the season? Didn't look like it.

I spoke with Jason Taylor for a minute before the game. He said he's working for 'both teams tonight'. I said "us?" and he said "yep, you and the Roosters. I don't know who to cheer for tonight".

Again, did I miss something here? When was he added to the staff? I should have asked him what his role is but some bloke came over and they all started talking about Pearcey (senior) and his mixed allegiances. I am gussing JT is doing some kicking work?

Re the game. We were woeful. Lui got a hammering by some blokes in the crowd, which was stupid. He doesn't look close to first grade though and is very, very passive. Maybe the most passive half back I've seen. Either someone pulls him aside at training and says "run the team!" or he has to go. The forwards look incredibly slow. Trial game though.

Why was Jake Mulhaney left sitting there all night. Felt bad for the kid.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:22 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:TNT was mixing with some of the members and sponsors during the night.........walking pretty freely. He was also joking around post game with Gibbs and climed up on his seat. Excuse me if I'm missing something here, but didn't Sheens say that TNT had undergone a new operation and could be out most of the season? Didn't look like it.

I spoke with Jason Taylor for a minute before the game. He said he's working for 'both teams tonight'. I said "us?" and he said "yep, you and the Roosters. I don't know who to cheer for tonight".

Again, did I miss something here? When was he added to the staff? I should have asked him what his role is but some bloke came over and they all started talking about Pearcey (senior) and his mixed allegiances. I am gussing JT is doing some kicking work?

Re the game. We were woeful. Lui got a hammering by some blokes in the crowd, which was stupid. He doesn't look close to first grade though and is very, very passive. Maybe the most passive half back I've seen. Either someone pulls him aside at training and says "run the team!" or he has to go. The forwards look incredibly slow. Trial game though.

Mullaney needs the special dietary supplements that Jarrod sammut was on. The Fonz is not a fan of smallish fullbacks. He likes big strapping fullbacks if possible. If he is gonna do a 'Gallant' (ie not use him) with Mullaney then at least give Mitch Brown or Lazarus a trial time at fullback.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:58 am

Balmain Bug wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:TNT was mixing with some of the members and sponsors during the night.........walking pretty freely. He was also joking around post game with Gibbs and climed up on his seat. Excuse me if I'm missing something here, but didn't Sheens say that TNT had undergone a new operation and could be out most of the season? Didn't look like it.

Mullaney needs the special dietary supplements that Jarrod sammut was on. The Fonz is not a fan of smallish fullbacks. He likes big strapping fullbacks if possible. If he is gonna do a 'Gallant' (ie not use him) with Mullaney then at least give Mitch Brown or Lazarus a trial time at fullback.
Mitch Brown is probably the man he HAS to go with in the first round.....I love to see Blake Lazarus there, as one his goal kicking is suppose it be awesome now , a deadeye shooter, but I think he needs to be ease back into first grade.
1.Brown
6.Marshall.
7. Moltzen

If Benji is out in Round 1....it will hopefully look like this
1.Brown.
6.Lawerence
7.Moltzen.

A massive amount of work has be still done at training to get our team up to speed.....I was extremely disappointed with what we witness yesterday, as it seemed that the Wests Tigers displayed everything that has been wrong with our team over the last 4 years , and churned it out over 80 minutes, for all their loyal supporter to cringe over

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 8:05 am

What happened to Benji?

Injuries are my concern, not the result or performance in a trial that we are obligated to play but never care about.
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:50 am

I wasn't able to attend the game because of work commitments... but that's sounds like the only positive thing to come from the day! lol

Regarding Lui... why on earth people need to give it to a kid during a trial is simply pathetic.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:10 pm

what about fulton chundering his guts!! what was that about!.

Ellery

Post by Ellery » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:17 pm

Lui was Toyota Cup grade at best. Fitzhenry was horrible. Cayless was slow.
Moors was good. Benj and Farah looked good when they were on. Brown dropped a bomb to gift them a try.
Lawrence was great, in defence especially. Fulton also looked good.
Other than that, it was just embarrasssing.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:32 pm

Aladinsane wrote:
Mitch Brown is probably the man he HAS to go with in the first round.....I love to see Blake Lazarus there, as one his goal kicking is suppose it be awesome now , a deadeye shooter, but I think he needs to be ease back into first grade.
1.Brown
6.Marshall.
7. Moltzen

If Benji is out in Round 1....it will hopefully look like this
1.Brown.
6.Lawerence
7.Moltzen.

A massive amount of work has be still done at training to get our team up to speed.....I was extremely disappointed with what we witness yesterday, as it seemed that the Wests Tigers displayed everything that has been wrong with our team over the last 4 years , and churned it out over 80 minutes, for all their loyal supporter to cringe over
What was it that you saw in Brown yesterday to warrant the starting number 1 jersey Alad?? Was it his lack of speed/urgency or was it his poor backline movement reads?
Lawrence drew in two defenders out wide on a few occasions yesterday which Brown failed to shift back inside. Brown moved back inside on the attack to stop being thrown over the sideline once which was good to see. But other than that, i saw nothing which could convince me he is a top 17 player. If given the opportunity next week, let's hope he can deliver something special as he has good upper body size which was quite prominent.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Staks

Post by Staks » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:03 pm

Yesterday Brown and Daniella once again proved to me that they are State Cup players at best. I still can't comprehend why Sheens signed these two players especially when we have/had backup in the lower grades. Brown lacks the necessary speed to play wing and Daniella is poor defensively. Why Sheens, Why ?
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:09 pm

Staks wrote:Yesterday Brown and Daniella once again proved to me that they are State Cup players at best. I still can't comprehend why Sheens signed these two players especially when we have/had backup in the lower grades. Brown lacks the necessary speed to play wing and Daniella is poor defensively. Why Sheens, Why ?

The last time Josh Davis played daniela (WESTS VS WINDSOR) davis scored three tries and ran rings around him all day long he made daniela look like a 7 year old also davis is 21 and yet to play first grade and daniela is 23 so maybe
Davis has more improvement left in him.