Willow's match report and player review

Alwaysownyou

Re: Willow's match report and player review

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 7:50 am

Geo. wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:Lui was a standout.

His endearing feature was how bad he was. Very unimaginative, all he did was pass and kick. Didn't show any skill what so ever. Quite possibly one of the worst players to ever pull on a Tigers jersey.

Fitzhenry should have retired. He was terrible.

Sheens should be sacked for keeping Mullaney off for as long as he did, but with the shocker that Moltzen was having, I guess Sheens had to keep him on to try and get it out of his system.

If I were a betting man I'd say that Moltzen laid down last night and had an absolute shocker on purpose so he could get his rightful #7 jersey off that rubbish amateur we had last night.
1. Pass and kick....Isn't that what people have been asking for in a halfback so Benji can do his thing from 5/8...

2. Lui was no where near as bad as you are making out.....His long kicking game is superior to both Farah and Marshall...his short kicking game on the day was crap ...but then no worse than Farah, Marshall or Fitzhenry's was....

3. Plus someone should tell Sheens that Farah is much better out of dummy half than first reciever...

1) I haven't been asking for that. I do not rate Benji anywhere near what the "people" on here rate him. I think we would be better off without Benji in the team to be honest with you. More errors than successful plays in my opinion.

2) Lui was ridiculously bad. I mean terrible. I mean the worst halfback since Ben Black, Glen Ayr or Adam Tippet. So bad that I would not even read the Sports section the next day if he plays in our team at halfback ever again, let alone watch the game. I would like someone to prove me wrong and upload any footage of him actually dominating a game of football in the Toyota Cup - I know for a fact I haven't seen him stamp any authority on any game that I have watched. And that involves teams made up of kids his own age, let alone the NRL.

3) Sheens is a dead-set joke. This is the same Sheens that cost Farah a Dally M Medal by shifting him to halfback. Sheens is losing the plot day by day. For all you that want him re-signed I want you to seriously evaluate what you are wanting... A coach with a losing record who has only tasted Finals football once in 8 years... It is beyond reason that some of you want him re-signed!
MOTH and proud.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 8:06 am

Lui put his entire team under pressure on the weekend. Which snowballed onto Farah and Marshall trying too hard to do everything themselves. I have never seen a halfback trapped and tackled with the ball in hand so many times in a single match in my entire life. Yet he was the only player to get 80mins(?) Go figure..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:01 am

Sheens is giving him every opportunity to get over the nerves and play a natural and free game - which is fair enough in my view.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:08 am

Centaur wrote:Sheens is giving him every opportunity to get over the nerves and play a natural and free game - which is fair enough in my view.
Does he have nerves every game, because I am yet to see him do anything spectacular on a football field. Ever.
MOTH and proud.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:18 am

Was dissapointed that Schirnack barely got the ball to be honest. Was stuck running alot of decoys but still put in and made good yardage when he had the ball.

Lui's problem is not skill or ability it is mental preparation it seems. When the pressure is on it's like the cogs of the brain slow and he gets caught out alot because of it. Ayshford barely saw any ball let alone quality ball.

But as with the night before against Balmain it was obvious that this was a full hitout for the Roosters under Smith. Whereas we seem to be taking the traditional trial approach

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:22 am

Centaur wrote:Sheens is giving him every opportunity to get over the nerves and play a natural and free game - which is fair enough in my view.
Just like he did with McDonnell and Morris? Yeah sounds fair to me..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:42 am

I don't know why you would be so critical of Lui after a single trial. You would think he cost us a grand final.

Lui is being given a go so we can see if he is up to it. Moltzen is a better candidate for 7 quite possibly, but he is by far our best option at 1 until Lote arrives. Doesn't sound like the scandal of the century to me.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 10:50 am

Hbom wrote:but he is by far our best option at 1 until Lote arrives.
How do you know??

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:05 am

crouching_tiger wrote:
How do you know??
My opinion.

I don't watch state cup very often, but I have seen a fair bit of Mullaney and don't think he would be ready at this stage - potential is there. Lazarus - sounds like he has the goods but with time out of the game I think Moltzen a better option. Brown - saw him play for the sharks, could be a good option, but Moltzen better IMO.

Who in your opinion is our best option for full-back CT?

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:25 am

Alwaysownyou wrote: I do not rate Benji anywhere near what the "people" on here rate him. I think we would be better off without Benji in the team to be honest with you. More errors than successful plays in my opinion.
Your Funny (Giving U benifit of the doubt )

A superstar of the game who has battled Up bringing, adversity and injury to have a highlights real that will be watched over for many years to come ... All by the age of 24.

Better And more experianced footballing minds that the both of us rate benji....The Rugby league world rates Benji...

Keep posting - youre making us all laugh.
Last edited by Spartan117 on Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UTT - Up The Tigers

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:26 am

Hbom wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote:
How do you know??
My opinion.

I don't watch state cup very often, but I have seen a fair bit of Mullaney and don't think he would be ready at this stage - potential is there. Lazarus - sounds like he has the goods but with time out of the game I think Moltzen a better option. Brown - saw him play for the sharks, could be a good option, but Moltzen better IMO.

Who in your opinion is our best option for full-back CT?
Lawrence, Mullaney, Brown, Taumata...the list is endless. Those who want to start with the weakening one position to strengthen another routine should wake up to themselves and realise this has already been done by removing Moltzen from the halves..

But one thing is for certain. Lui at 7 and Moltzen at 1 is NOT the team's overall best option...how do i know?? Because i have witnessed it on a few occasions now..

As for costing us a grand final...perhaps that already happened when Moltzen was removed from the halves last year..

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:36 am

Agree to disagree then.

I still think you are jumping the gun on Lui, and dispute that Mullaney, Brown and Taumata are better full-back options round 1. Lawrence at 1 would weaken our centers IMO. I respect your differing view though.

bradexl

Post by bradexl » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:55 am

Dont want to throw a spanner in but i am yet to be convinced that moltz is the great halfback some on here claim him to be..I think he is a good football player who can cover halfback, fullback and centre but i am yet to be convinced that he specializes in either position...yet. I believe that this year will see him develop into a very capable utility back, but i am not prepared to throw young lui in front of a bus just yet. I saw some highlights of sundays game and he did show once or twice that same thing he was able to show numerous times last year in toyota cup...the ability to break the line as a half. I am not saying that Lui is the great halfback we have been longing for,i dont know that, but he has enough in him for me to applaud any decision made by the coaching staff to name him at half this week.
I may be wrong, time will tell, but this kid is 19 and a genuine talent.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:01 pm

I agree. I think Lui could be anything. he just needs more game time to come to speed with the game. And I dont think that moving Lawrence to fullback would weaken our centres - we have options there, i would like to see Lawrence at fullback for a game or 2 - he reminds me a little of garry jack
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:22 pm

Lui should not go back to Toyota Cup regardless.

He would not be my choice for half. I just don't think he is there yet. However he would greatly benefit from the tighter nature of State Cup for at least half a season. We need to be mindful of nurturing his development as a player as well

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm all for giving young blokes a go in trials, but come round 1 I expect Moltzen in the #7.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 1:08 pm

what did you boys think of ryans performance? looks like he has been working on his leap...how good was the first catch he did!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 1:10 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:1) I haven't been asking for that. I do not rate Benji anywhere near what the "people" on here rate him. I think we would be better off without Benji in the team to be honest with you. More errors than successful plays in my opinion.

2) Lui was ridiculously bad. I mean terrible. I mean the worst halfback since Ben Black, Glen Ayr or Adam Tippet. So bad that I would not even read the Sports section the next day if he plays in our team at halfback ever again, let alone watch the game. I would like someone to prove me wrong and upload any footage of him actually dominating a game of football in the Toyota Cup - I know for a fact I haven't seen him stamp any authority on any game that I have watched. And that involves teams made up of kids his own age, let alone the NRL.

3) Sheens is a dead-set joke. This is the same Sheens that cost Farah a Dally M Medal by shifting him to halfback. Sheens is losing the plot day by day. For all you that want him re-signed I want you to seriously evaluate what you are wanting... A coach with a losing record who has only tasted Finals football once in 8 years... It is beyond reason that some of you want him re-signed!
Nice rant ...one of the best I've seen...

1. Before the back end of '09...I may have agreed with you on Marshall but given his injury free run season 2010...Marshall will show we are definately better off with him in the team than out I'm sure....

2. What halfback in the histroy of the game has dominated from the start of their careers.....Im surprised you didn't throw in Leo Dynevor and Ewan McGrady in the mix...I've got an Idea..... stuff the Salary cap lets get Thurston, Inglis to partner Lawrence in the centres and Slater for fullback ...seems those quality of player are the only one's you deem to be wothy of a Wests Tigers jumper...Funniest of all is you expect a player to come in and Dominate the main men in Farah and Marshall...Don't see Robbie giving up the reigns to easily

3. Ah the old 1 in 8 Sheens final record...The favorite of the Sheens is the antichrist brigade....Why are you living in the past...It's 2010 that counts...As yet a Competion point hasn't been up for grabs..Plus why all this Anger towards Sheens when it's the Wests Tigers Board who keep renewing his contract...As for him costing Farah a Dally M sure blame Sheens not the fact that Farah himself in '07 when the heat was on and the finals where in sight failed to step up albiet he just fell short.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..