Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

crouching_tiger

Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:32 am

Your team for next week's trial..

1. Mullaney
2. Fitzhenry
3. Ayshford
4. Ryan
5. Lawrence

6. Taumata
7. Moltzen

8. Galloway
9. Flanagan
10. Moops
11. Gower
12. Fulton
13. Ellis

14. Schirnack
15. Farlow
16. Heighington
17. Vunakece
18. Hyland
19. Davis
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:37 am

c'mon Tim!

1. Mullaney
2. Brown
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Taumata
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Payten
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Flanagan/Lui/Fitzy... it doesn't matter
15. Gibbs (he's back isn't he?)
16. Cayless
17. Moors/Shirnack
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:38 am

You would have Ryan in the Centers? He can't catch or pass the ball on the wing let alone moving him in closer.

I think your halves are on the money! I would like to see Davis or Pritchard get a run in the centers or wing, they are quick and have good size.

I hear a lot about Gower - but have never actually seen him do much. I would like to see Dwyer in the mix there, with Mullaney running off the second rowers and lock all afternoon!

Who is Vunakece CT? Can you please give me some insight.... Also when will Willie Mataka get a run....here I hope.

tigersnumberone

Post by tigersnumberone » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:55 am

Taumata and Moltzen in the halves is a must, with Mullaney at fullback.

Robert Lui is a myth. He cant cut it in first grade.

He does not know when to take the line on, his passing game his ordinary, and he is a turncoat in defense.

Why are the tigers blowing smoke at us and talking him up. Everyone but Tim Sheens can see he is rubbish.

The amound of moans and groans coming from Tigers fans yesterday, reminded me of an old player of ours, John Morris. Remember him???? Haha. Are we going backwards??

The moment Benji has a good halfback beside him, he will excel.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:19 am

tigersnumberone wrote:Taumata and Moltzen in the halves is a must, with Mullaney at fullback.

Robert Lui is a myth. He cant cut it in first grade.

He does not know when to take the line on, his passing game his ordinary, and he is a turncoat in defense.

Why are the tigers blowing smoke at us and talking him up. Everyone but Tim Sheens can see he is rubbish.

The amound of moans and groans coming from Tigers fans yesterday, reminded me of an old player of ours, John Morris. Remember him???? Haha. Are we going backwards??

The moment Benji has a good halfback beside him, he will excel.
Your assessment of Lui is poor in my opinion. Lets give all newcomers to first grade 3 matches and throw them out if they don't cut it! Moltzen may well be the stronger candidate, but I think it is wrong to be dismissive of Lui.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:52 am

I agree Hbom. If Lui is as good as everyone is indicating, then we would be foolish to throw him on the crapheap already.

He is obviously deemed to be a first grade player, so lets play him in grade and give him time. Sheens always says players need 50 games under their belt, and if he is that good then it is no use having him run around in a second tier state cup with nobody watching.

Lets wind him up and see haw far he goes.....

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:03 pm

Kul wrote:c'mon Tim!

1. Mullaney
2. Brown
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Taumata
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Payten
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Flanagan/Lui/Fitzy... it doesn't matter
15. Gibbs (he's back isn't he?)
16. Cayless
17. Moors/Shirnack
Hey Kul...what's with your signature?? Do you want to get more Panthers supporters joining this forum?? Maybe Sammut will even become a member..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:13 pm

tigersnumberone wrote: Robert Lui is a myth. He cant cut it in first grade.

Lui is 19.

This is a long term thing be Patient....

Imagine if they flick hime and he cracks it somewhere else. (Bulldogs >> Thurston) Then you'll be writing more nasty things....
UTT - Up The Tigers

tigersnumberone

Post by tigersnumberone » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:23 pm

Good to see a differing opinion Hbom.

I just cant see any signs of him making the grade, or leading the team around.

He has not shown anything. Had he impressed at the trial it would have been different, but i fail so see any improvement from his showing last year.

I doubt that he believes in his own ability.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:24 pm

I don't really care what sort of side gets named. It's a trial. The fact we lost last night tells me zilch about the season ahead picking a side for next week supposebly on form is crazy!

fainty

Post by fainty » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:34 pm

Put moltzen in the 7 lui in 6 and tamata on the bench.lui is a kid and needs another run, maybe in his prefered position. It's only a trial anyway.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:47 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:You would have Ryan in the Centers? He can't catch or pass the ball on the wing let alone moving him in closer.

I think your halves are on the money! I would like to see Davis or Pritchard get a run in the centers or wing, they are quick and have good size.

I hear a lot about Gower - but have never actually seen him do much. I would like to see Dwyer in the mix there, with Mullaney running off the second rowers and lock all afternoon!

Who is Vunakece CT? Can you please give me some insight.... Also when will Willie Mataka get a run....here I hope.
Ryan has played a lot in the centres for the Dragons and Magpies before Sheens manufactured him into a winger. You say he can't catch? His bomb diffusal yesterday was spot on once again.

Taumata played well below par on saturday for BRET which is understandable for being his first game with a new team for the 2nd week running, which is why he can not be dismissed on those games alone. His past form has shown he is capable of much better.

Gower was the 2009 MVP State Cup player of the year in which he played out of position and dominated at that level for an entire season. Sheens decided to give him around 15mins in the final round of first grade out of position which didn't do him any favours. Can play before, at and through the line at will down the left hand side of the fringe.

Vunakece is an extremely hard running backrower who has been played up front due to lack of depth in recent times and has really stepped up to the plate over the past two seasons. A local junior who has played a handful of representative matches for Fiji, built as big, strong, and as fit than a full time 1st grader which is quite an achievement considering his current standing.

Mataka IMO has not shown consistent form since making his 1st grade debut to get ahead of some others. But is still quite promising for a young player.

Staks

Post by Staks » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:24 pm

By all reports, Fifita had a 5 star performance yesterday against a big and experienced Newtown side. Dominating up the middle and proved hard to bring to ground. I think he will get a run at BlueTongue, especially if Payten is still out.

1. Mullaney
2. Pritchard
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Moltzen
7. Lui
13. Fulton
12. Heighington
11. Ellis
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Fifita

14. Taumata
15. Cayless
16. Schirnack
17. Flanagan
18. Moors
19. Davis
20. Payten (if fit)

The rest back to State Cup/NYC.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

palms

Post by palms » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:31 pm

Is Gibbs back from suspension or will that be round 1?

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 1:49 pm

1. mullaney - being a trial match id like to see how he can cope in 1st grade before we throw him into deep water half way through the season

2. pritchard - theres no way he can be as bad as brown was reading the offensive line..

3. ayshford - he impressed me in the 2nd trial match with his ability to get through the 1st tackler

4. lawrence - great at drawing in the defense to set up line breaks/trys. would also like to see him back in 5/8

5. ryan - had a great early start against the roosters and from what i could tell, he picked up from where he left off last season

6. taumata - closest person we have to plays the same style footy that benji does

7. moltzen - had an average game at fullback but id like to see how he goes leading the backs without benji

8. gibbs - back from suspension, will bring some experience to the team

9. farah - had a decent game, with more game time he will be able set up some scoring opportunities

10. galloway - put some great hits on against the roosters, with more game time this week we should see him at his best

11. ellis - looked dangerous most times he had the ball, great offloads and tackles

12. heighington - lock just isnt for him, should go better replacing fulton in the 2nd row

13. roqia (sp?) - was very impressed by his efforts in the nyc trial game, deserves a run in the trials

14. lui - some ball playing ability off the bench will help us, could also fill in at lock

15. moors - had an average game, we will see the best of him soon

16. cayless - still finding his stride, 10 - 15 minutes each half will start go get his confidence back up

17. payten - a good defender coming off the bench will be good for us in the 2nd half

18. flannagan - not one of the standouts but from his efforts in mackay he deserves another crack

19. lazerus - would like to see him trial at fullback/halfback in the 2nd half

20. fifita - once again we should trial him now before we throw him into the deepend late in the season

21. dywer - i saw him watching the game and didnt seem to have any injuries, was very impressed with him last year and looks to of put on some size.

thoughts?

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 2:57 pm

I've changed my tune on Mullaney in FG.

1.Mullaney
2.Ryan
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Brown
6.Taumata
7.Moltzen
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Heighington
13.Fulton

14.Flanagan
15.Cayless
16.Payten
17.Moors

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 3:40 pm

DAVIS and pritchard both had solid games in state cup yesterday, Davis played the first half in the centres ,then second half in the forwards, played very strong. Pritchard played wing and centre, and scored a cracker with corby putting him into a yawning gap, with rhys swerving and stepping 60 m to score one of his trade mark tries.
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 22 Feb, 2010 3:53 pm

Is Blake Lazarus injured ! If not why can't he fill the problematic half-back position. Didn't he play a great game against the Cowboys last week :idea: