Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

willow

Re: Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

Post by willow » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 7:39 pm

Mullaney has been added to the squad. He sat out this evenings trial win over Cronulla at Concord.

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 7:42 pm

hopefully he gets more than 3 minutes of game time...
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 7:53 pm

willow wrote:Mullaney has been added to the squad. He sat out this evenings trial win over Cronulla at Concord.
Fafita. Pritchard and Davis played for Wests tonight ....

Shaun Spence, Liam Ayoub,Ellery Wilson from NYC got a run for the Pies as well...

Imy sorta hoping

1. Mullaney
2. Brown

47. Fitzhenry
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
willow wrote:Mullaney has been added to the squad. He sat out this evenings trial win over Cronulla at Concord.
Fafita. Pritchard and Davis played for Wests tonight ....

Shaun Spence, Liam Ayoub,Ellery Wilson from NYC got a run for the Pies as well...

Imy sorta hoping

1. Mullaney
2. Brown

47. Fitzhenry

please please please please please.
Hopefully this is Sheens protecting Mullaney from the media. He's certainly done that before with young kids.
Fitzy for left right out.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm hoping Davis, Pritchard and Fafita all pulled up ok, be nice to see them get a run tomorrow.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:23 pm

Glennb wrote:
Snake wrote:Taumata sorry mate your not in the club your young and talented ... you have to be a favourite no matter how old or how bad you play!!! I didn't step up for a reason...
YOu guys seem to have forgotten Taumata's background. IMO they have a longer plan for him and it it will involve some weeks in State Cup.

Glenn
So are you saying we are punishing him for things he did before he even got here?
Whats his b/ground got to do with anything( im assuming you mean his past indiscretions) ...unless its while hes contracted with us it shouldnt have anything to do with selections

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:31 pm

If that is a motivating factor Ink I would assume it is to limit his exposure to the media in Tigers colours until he has proven himself.

I think it could have more to do with the limited football he has played the last few seasons

willow

Post by willow » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:58 pm

smeghead wrote:If that is a motivating factor Ink I would assume it is to limit his exposure to the media in Tigers colours until he has proven himself.

I think it could have more to do with the limited football he has played the last few seasons
He hasn't had much football, and certainly not in the top grade, and like Lazarus he has plenty of talent, I feel the club will nurse these two along in State Cup until they get their confidence up.

Illek

Post by Illek » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 9:28 pm

I am not sure why everyone is convinced Arana is the answer to the 7. He is talented, but has only played 5 first grade games. This is exactly the same as Lui who is also talented and only played a handful games. Either player could become a great, but I don't think its fair to praise one and constantly blast the other. Time will tell who matures to be the better player, hopefully the club makes the correct decision. Either way, Im happy to support either and give them a chance as Im not sold on moltzen being a halfback. Personally I liked moltzen in the centres, but Im not fussed where he plays as I think he is good enough in all positions.

On a side note Id be shocked if Arana was the 184cm the tigers website claims he is. Ive met him a few times and he wouldn't have cracked 180cm. Unless in the past 12months he has suddenly grown 8cms I find it hard to believe.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 9:51 pm

willow wrote:
smeghead wrote:If that is a motivating factor Ink I would assume it is to limit his exposure to the media in Tigers colours until he has proven himself.

He hasn't had much football, and certainly not in the top grade, and like Lazarus he has plenty of talent, I feel the club will nurse these two along in State Cup until they get their confidence up.
Yeah...trial games perfect for these players.
Its a trial. chuck him in for a half, cant hurt, no media. no comp points were gambling with.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:13 pm

I think Taumata does need a few games in State Cup to sharpen his skills. He has been playing QLD cup and not training with an NRL side for a whole year so I can understand how he'd be a bit rusty. Sheens probably wants to test him there and see what attitude he brings with him.........lets hope he goes ok because he is one hell of a talent

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 1:37 am

meh i hate the fact fitzy is there but who cares we are 2 weeks away from the first game,i cant wait :mrgreen:

tigersnumberone

Post by tigersnumberone » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 1:46 am

Good news to hear mullaney will get a run with the top grade.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:57 am

Tomcat said Chris Corby has also been added to the squad.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:59 am

Can't venture out, any chance someone can update the tragics?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 1:10 pm

weststigers wrote:I think Taumata does need a few games in State Cup to sharpen his skills. He has been playing QLD cup and not training with an NRL side for a whole year so I can understand how he'd be a bit rusty. Sheens probably wants to test him there and see what attitude he brings with him.........lets hope he goes ok because he is one hell of a talent
Hes been training with them all summer.
Playing Qld Cup doesnt make sense when you consider U/20s plays are gettin a go

Colonel

Post by Colonel » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 1:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
weststigers wrote:I think Taumata does need a few games in State Cup to sharpen his skills. He has been playing QLD cup and not training with an NRL side for a whole year so I can understand how he'd be a bit rusty. Sheens probably wants to test him there and see what attitude he brings with him.........lets hope he goes ok because he is one hell of a talent
Hes been training with them all summer.
Playing Qld Cup doesnt make sense when you consider U/20s plays are gettin a go
It's strange as well, to suggest he needs more time sharpening his skills in the NSW Cup, given that the QLD Cup is generally acknowledged as the stronger of the two competitions, and people on here regularly call for players to be promoted on the basis of the NSW Cup performances.

I agree with people here that it's way to early to claim that Taumata is our saviour in the number 7 position, given that Moltzen earned the first crack at the spot with his very good performances there in the top grade last year. But I see no reason why Taumata can't get a run in two separate trial matches, especially one that Marshall isn't playing in.