Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

TimmyB

Re: Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

Post by TimmyB » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:45 pm

Mate, stop calling him Fonz. It's not funny and you look foolish.

alex

Post by alex » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:58 pm

If Sheens was keen on having
6. Marshall
7. Lui

he would have put Taumata or Moltzen at 6 for the time being. Getting Moltzen to play at 7 and shifting Lui out of halfback means he isnt 100% committed to Lui being the 7 yet. Still some hope there that Moltzen will play 7 for some time this year

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 12:04 am

TimmyB wrote:Mate, stop calling him Fonz. It's not funny and you look foolish.
Mate ease up on ol Buggy......English isnt his first language and you are just not understanding him correctly.

:lol:

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 1:19 am

crouching_tiger wrote: 2. Fitzhenry
Great to see the current Australian coach agrees with me.. 8-)
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Colonel

Post by Colonel » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 7:41 am

supercoach wrote:I just have visions of the Jason Moody thing. Like others I would have thought this was a good chance to try another player on the wing, Like Sheens we all know what Fitzy can do so why not try a player we are not so sure of at this level.

I get the feeling a team like manly will expose Fitzys lack of pace come round one.Having him against Covell will tell us nothing.
Fitzhenry won't be on the wing come round one. Sheens has just put a tried and tested player there as a placeholder until Tuqiri gets here:
Things could get better for the Tigers with dual international Lote Tuqiri all-but given the blessing to cut short his rugby deal with Leicester to return home for the Tigers' opening-round clash with Manly.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5834068374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:14 am

With the teams that Sheens has been selecting in the trials so far as well as looking at his recruitment, I think we are going to see a shift in his strategy/tactics this year. I think Sheens has a new focus and that focus can be summed up in one word.....BIG.

I think he is looking at getting a back 3 that are big, ultimately Brown, Tuqiri, Tuiaki. I can see a lot of merit in this in kick return strength and therefore metres eaten. Additionally I dont think that we will lose any pace (with the exception of Gallants pace last year) in doing so. I think Sheens is looking at fast skillful half/threequarters feeding massive wings & fullback.

Glenn

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:45 am

TimmyB wrote:Mate, stop calling him Fonz. It's not funny and you look foolish.

I will.

When Fonz admits he was wrong, I will.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 9:44 am

At least it's only a trial I very much doubt fitz will be in 1st grade come round 1.. The rest of the team isn't too bad bit puzzled by having Lui at 6 but he does need the experience very happy he's put Moltz where he belongs adn thats at 7..

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:53 am

Raptor wrote:At least it's only a trial I very much doubt fitz will be in 1st grade come round 1.. The rest of the team isn't too bad bit puzzled by having Lui at 6 but he does need the experience very happy he's put Moltz where he belongs adn thats at 7..
It's just another chance for Lui to get more minutes under his belt in top grade. Sheens has already indicated he probably won't start there in round one. The fact he's shifted to 5/8 here probably backs up that suggestion too. As for Fitzy, well it's a trial as you said.

Novocastrian Tiger

Post by Novocastrian Tiger » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:54 am

Ha ha, looks like Fitzhenry is going to have another Moodie style cameo. In a months time Fitzhenry will probably be joining the Fire brigade as well (at least there he could do some good).
It starts and ends with the Tiger!

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 1:02 pm

Moltz into the halves is great!

I think we see Moltzen start the season there and Brown start at FB, ofcrouse depending on his game...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 1:20 pm

The backline is far from our best, but will be very simlar to round 1. Fitzy was always a big chance of playing wing with Tuiaki out. If Moltzen in the hlaves then I reckon Fitzy is a sure thing for the wing until Lote plays. Really interested to see how Moltzen steers the team without Benji.

Would love to see Taumata at fullback for this trial and A.Fafita on the bench. Still in hope they might get a run.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 1:38 pm

That backline would look so much better with some of these names in there...

Tuqiri
Marshall
Tuiaki
Taumata
Mullany

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 3:18 pm

good to see mataka get a run.was hoping he would have a good off season,but haven't really heard anything about him lately.

should be good to see both lui and moltzen together behind the same pack.
did the pack last week set a great platform .didn't sound like it to me.

i'm not 100% sold on moltzen as a half yet.
with benji out you should get a much better look at him in the role.
but i wouldn't be surprised if the number on their back doesn't end up meaning a hell of alot.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 3:58 pm

SAME RUBBISH DIFFERENT SEASON ,AND I GOT TICKETS

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 4:06 pm

bumma.ill give you $5 bucks for them, wouldnt mind catching the roosters ,parra game played at 7.30, straight after the curtain raiser..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 4:30 pm

Now now tomcat i will still be going it is a long time since i had a good cry

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 4:52 pm

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)
by Balmain Bug » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:06 pm

I am amazed that players have been picked in their natural positions. Good stuff Fonz.

I am also amazed that Mullaney, Pritchard, Davis, Fifita etc are not there instead of a couple of guys who are. Mullaney, Pritchard, Davis, Fifita are a squillion times better players than 4 guys picked in that 17. A zillion times better. Donz Fonz have a Anti-Western Suburbs Magpies thing happening ??
Dont forget GALLANT
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..