Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

willow

Re: Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

Post by willow » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:11 pm

tomcat wrote:Report this postReply with quoteRe: Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)
by Balmain Bug » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:06 pm

I am amazed that players have been picked in their natural positions. Good stuff Fonz.

I am also amazed that Mullaney, Pritchard, Davis, Fifita etc are not there instead of a couple of guys who are. Mullaney, Pritchard, Davis, Fifita are a squillion times better players than 4 guys picked in that 17. A zillion times better. Donz Fonz have a Anti-Western Suburbs Magpies thing happening ??
Dont forget GALLANT
Don't dismiss some of those guys getting a run. Sheens will probably take an extended bench.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:13 pm

tomcat wrote:ha ha , dont forget to throw in daniella , FAIR DINCUM.
i thought you said daniella wont be picked?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:15 pm

The sides being announced tomorrow morning lets wait and see.
Last edited by tomcat on Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:19 pm

So what..even if they are named for Wests They play Friday.....Gosford Saturday....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 6:26 pm

Taumata sorry mate your not in the club your young and talented ... you have to be a favourite no matter how old or how bad you play!!! I didn't step up for a reason...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 7:22 pm

bonstonker wrote:good to see mataka get a run.was hoping he would have a good off season,but haven't really heard anything about him lately.

should be good to see both lui and moltzen together behind the same pack.
did the pack last week set a great platform .didn't sound like it to me.

i'm not 100% sold on moltzen as a half yet.
with benji out you should get a much better look at him in the role.
but i wouldn't be surprised if the number on their back doesn't end up meaning a hell of alot.
Our forwards occasionally made an inroad, though all too rarely...Moors was busy and went well.
We looked hot, bothered, flustered and unfit and the Roosters looked to be doing it easy against us.
Their forwards smashed us most of the day, bent us backwards all arvo...they have some big boppas.
They had attitude, we didnt, they looked like a spoon team with a new coach with something to prove.
Last year I was very satisfied and content even though we lost.
We lost worse this year and Smith in an i'view all but said he though we didnt give 100% - was holding something back.
I got that impression too- maybe more hope than anything

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:18 pm

its only a trial. dont freak out.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:20 pm

Oh.
OK then.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
bonstonker wrote:good to see mataka get a run.was hoping he would have a good off season,but haven't really heard anything about him lately.

should be good to see both lui and moltzen together behind the same pack.
did the pack last week set a great platform .didn't sound like it to me.

i'm not 100% sold on moltzen as a half yet.
with benji out you should get a much better look at him in the role.
but i wouldn't be surprised if the number on their back doesn't end up meaning a hell of alot.
Our forwards occasionally made an inroad, though all too rarely...Moors was busy and went well.
We looked hot, bothered, flustered and unfit and the Roosters looked to be doing it easy against us.
Their forwards smashed us most of the day, bent us backwards all arvo...they have some big boppas.
They had attitude, we didnt, they looked like a spoon team with a new coach with something to prove.
Last year I was very satisfied and content even though we lost.
We lost worse this year and Smith in an i'view all but said he though we didnt give 100% - was holding something back.
I got that impression too- maybe more hope than anything
The Tigers were definitely holding back mate. They were flat as a tack, whether it was intentional or not, that was the Tigers simply going through the motions for the most part. I expect them to be a bit more direct and enthusiastic this week against the Sharks.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:30 pm

Yeah well I was always under the impression that if you go in with anything less than 100% that your risk of injury escalates dramatically.
I dont think we'll see a performance that bad again, I know they can and will get better.
Better go put the cushions back and straighten the curtains after freaking out

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:33 pm

Flanagan can consider himself hard done by, he totally outplayed Heighno. Not sure why Daniela is there. He's obviously going to come on at wing with Fitzy moving to 9, but i thought he showed nothing against the Roosters. So happy to see one of my young gun backrowers getting a go in Mataka.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:Yeah well I was always under the impression that if you go in with anything less than 100% that your risk of injury escalates dramatically.
I dont think we'll see a performance that bad again, I know they can and will get better.
Better go put the cushions back and straighten the curtains after freaking out
Dunno about that...Marshall was going flat out in the 79th minute........ trying to score when he got injured...

Given it was a trial perhaps he shouldn't have tried so hard ........or better still on the Bench,,,,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:Oh.
OK then.
one more time for the dummies. its only a trial.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:44 pm

king sirro wrote:Flanagan can consider himself hard done by, he totally outplayed Heighno. Not sure why Daniela is there. He's obviously going to come on at wing with Fitzy moving to 9, but i thought he showed nothing against the Roosters. So happy to see one of my young gun backrowers getting a go in Mataka.
I thought Heighno went ok all things considering. Didn't notice him getting bent back and buckled like he did last year. I liked the look of Flanagan too, but I don't think he outplayed Heighno.

Happy to see Mataka get a run, he runs good lines and has a decent workrate. Daniela is lucky IMO. He might be quick but he can't tackle.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:20 am

Snake wrote:Taumata sorry mate your not in the club your young and talented ... you have to be a favourite no matter how old or how bad you play!!! I didn't step up for a reason...
YOu guys seem to have forgotten Taumata's background. IMO they have a longer plan for him and it it will involve some weeks in State Cup.

Glenn

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 12:00 pm

Just got back from holidays... Fitzy on the wing !!!! what a JOKE.Where is our forward thinking ?? Why not trial a youngster.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm

Saw the boys train they looked good. 19 were on the field. None of the guys I mentioned were there just the starting 17 along with Benji (briefly) and Flanagan I think.

Gosh I dont know if Benji will be 100% in 2 weeks, I was up pretty close and he is having trouble on that ankle. It looked like he was experiencing stiffness and an inability to bear weight on the joint .

Time will tell.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri 26 Feb, 2010 5:41 pm

if he is already training on it Benj will be right for round 1!