Wests Tigers team (official list page 4)

cnx_tigers

Re: BLUETONGUE TEAM

Post by cnx_tigers » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 7:42 pm

Seems one or two of you don't watch much footy.

Mitch Brown has been in and out of first grade for a few years now. He's soft. He's a career underachiever who has had a tonne of chances and failed to do anything.

The same people "hoping" a change of clubs will magincally transform him are in the same boat over at Cronulla with the blokes there who are hoping John Morris is the ball playing wizard who will set their backline alight this year. All we've done is swap two duds.

Scary thing will be if he has one good game, i.e.a nothing trial v Cronulla.............and then gets to play four crap ones when it counts in the NRL. Sheensy has a habit of experementing with duds the first half of the season. Nick Graham.............Sam Harris.............John Morris...........

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 7:55 pm

Mate I watch every first grade game involving the Tigers but living in Beijing makes it difficult to catch all the games each week. I admit to not having seen many Sharks games over the past few years. The fact that Brown hasnt cemented a first grade spot under genuis Stuart doesnt worry me in the slightest. Its a trial so I am happy to see how he goes.

TIGERS4LIFE

Post by TIGERS4LIFE » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:16 pm

Geo. wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This place cracks me up.......

Just about EVERYONE wanted Moltzen at 7......Sheens delivers...but puts Fitzy on the wing.....so once again the nails are in the coffin.............

I actually feel a little for Fitzy.....

Cause it's there for All to see....Round 1 6. Benji 7. Moltzen..........2. Tuqiri,,,,,,,,

Fitzy>>>>>>>>>>>>>State Cup........

Anyhow........carry on......... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
:righton: finally someone else can see it too! As if tuqiri wont be here for round 1

Danos

Post by Danos » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:25 pm

Yep Fitzy aside, I dont mind it at all. Finally get to see Brown at FB.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:26 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Im fine with Brown,just warming it for Lote.

Must admit I would have like a peep at Tomato,Fafita and Dwyer,just to see how they are travelling at this level.
Dwyer is still injured, probably 2 weeks away from returning.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:31 pm

Danos wrote:Yep Fitzy aside, I dont mind it at all. Finally get to see Brown at FB.
yeah im excited too, i heard he is going to be the next BILLY SLATER .
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:33 pm

tomcat wrote:i was about to purchase my tickets tomorrow for the game. but not now Sheens is throwing that rubbish in my face. Sharks by 30
Just because of a winger, settle down.

He had a good season in'05, lets see how he goes. It's his chance

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:33 pm

TIGERS4LIFE wrote:
Geo. wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This place cracks me up.......

Just about EVERYONE wanted Moltzen at 7......Sheens delivers...but puts Fitzy on the wing.....so once again the nails are in the coffin.............

I actually feel a little for Fitzy.....

Cause it's there for All to see....Round 1 6. Benji 7. Moltzen..........2. Tuqiri,,,,,,,,

Fitzy>>>>>>>>>>>>>State Cup........

Anyhow........carry on......... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
:righton: finally someone else can see it too! As if tuqiri wont be here for round 1
So why play him at all then??
Give a young guy who actually has some potential a go/ reward. If fitzy isn;t in sheens's plans for the year then don;t play him at all. ie. he is in sheens' plan.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:35 pm

Chunk wrote:
tomcat wrote:i was about to purchase my tickets tomorrow for the game. but not now Sheens is throwing that rubbish in my face. Sharks by 30

GIVE YOUR SELF AN UPPERCUT NOW ... fair dincum

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:39 pm

tomcat wrote:
Chunk wrote:

Sharks by 30........ give yourself a tripple

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:40 pm

Lui at 5/8 Moltzen at 1/2 back.Maybe this could be a combo to come if anthing happens to Benji.Hope Lui goes well here and keeps faith with other Forum scribes,of cource this is a trial,but I notice some big names in the line up to make it interesting........Give 'em plenty Lui......

:sign: :supporter:
Cheers Poppa

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:41 pm

your not worth argueing with , you got nothing

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:48 pm

How dare SHEENS puts fitzy in ahead of the like of DAVIS and PRITCHARD . IT'S a dead set insult on these two players, its only a trial and both should have been given their chance to impress . im livid to say the least...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:51 pm

tomcat wrote:
Chunk wrote:

Do you really decide on whether or not to go and support the Wests Tigers depending on who is selected in the team....or is it just a gee up.....

If not said tripple UPPERCUT was headed in the right direction...........

And settle...my spies tell me the 17 named will be joined by a few others....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:52 pm

Tomcat I am in agreement with your point but your hyperbole is rubbish. The inclusion of Fitzy will not determine if we win or lose this game, it is simply a bad selection. No need to exaggerate.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:54 pm

I think the simple facts come down to who is in the contracted top 25 players tomcat. Once the season starts we realistically want to structure the players used so as not to tap into our second tier until unavoidable. Does this mean I disagree with some of the choices for the 25? Yes. But it does not change it.

Yes it would have been good to see those guys and more get a genuine go as it is a trial one must also remember that this is the last trial and as such as much cohesion as possible required. Hopefully the inclusion of Brown at fullback means Tim is true to the thoughts he expressed on not rushing Lui and we will see a Moltzen - Marshall halves combination in round 1.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:00 pm

How many of us selected this team prior to its announcement this arvo? I didn't and I daresay not many of us did. The point is though, this is the side that has been named, and despite our various opinions on who should have been selected, no amount of whining is going to change that. This is the hand we have been dealt so to speak, with probably another 2-4 players added to the team on Saturday.

I think Sheens could have named a stronger side but that's just my opinion and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean anything. I'll continue to support the team and I'll be there on Saturday hoping that all players play to the best of their ability, that's all any of us can really ask for IMO.

Tigers2010

Post by Tigers2010 » Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:05 pm

westTAHger wrote:whilst we may not agree with some team selections.
gonna wait and see how they team actually performs, then make judgement.
there maybe a reason for giving younger blokes ago, that we are not privy too
How about we give fitzy a go at wing, and if he's crap against the sharks we can then complain about him. For you know now, he could be a great winger and he might be useful for wing later on in the season if we have injury's. And he is the club's leading try scorer.