Sharks Trial: LIVE GAME THREAD

X-Pac

Re: Sharks Trial: LIVE GAME THREAD

Post by X-Pac » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 7:19 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:It's good to win fellas and I don't want to be negative, but Cronulla are one of the all time worst footy teams for a long time. They are a throwback to the era before the cap.........some blokes there who simply aren't close to being first graders + older blokes well past their prime. Get on them for the spoon.
they arent that bad
some of there side is bad just like some of ours is

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 7:22 pm

X-Pac

We finished 9th last year and almost beat Parramatta / should have had the same run to the GF they did if it weren't for some bad luck.

Cronulla finished rock bottom and have added John Morris.

They are bad mate. If it was any other team / coach / supporters........I'd almost feel sorry for them. As it's Cronulla and Stuart..........................enjoy them coming last again :)

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 7:23 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Cayless was a bit better in the second half and made a couple of nice offloads, but still looks well short of fitness.

Moors looks like one to watch, has a great offload, probably tries it too much but he looks dangerous.
I rekon he will be good for us this season i'm glad we signed him. Cayless will be good as well once he gets his fitness back and well done to the medical staff getting him back om the park with his bad knee and shoulder he will only get better

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 7:29 pm

like every year a squad makes good and bad buys hopefully this year we have more positives than negatives. i can see moors, cayless and tuqiri being great buys, flanagan and fulton being solid buys and the rest not that best but adequate. hopefully though we dont have to use many players and it wont come back to haunt us

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 7:51 pm

Roosters looking the goods again up 12-0 after 10 minutes.
Here you go, I say it, Pearce will be the NSW halfback this year.

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:01 pm

With Lui looking more comfortable at 6 I wonder If mastercoach will put Benji Back in the 7 jumper God I hope not, I have a feeling it may happen though.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:11 pm

Benji would cope better with the 7 on his back than Lui would. I think it's a better idea than the alternative.

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:18 pm

If we have Lui at 6 and Benji at 7 where does this leave Moltzen once Tuquiri arrives, I just have a strong feeling we could have this halfs combo for round one.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:23 pm

The most important part of the game was we dont appear to have injuries from it.Our goal kicking was substandard again though

Kul

Post by Kul » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:34 pm

Hey guys

Just got back. Sorry that my updates fell through - there was zero reception there!

Overall I was pleased with today's game. Moltzen and Lui looked fine in the halves. Both explored well and Lui is definitely not shy of taking on the line.
Brown... um, he dropped a pretty easy bomb which should have cost us a try.
Lawrence's defense was again very good!

With a smaller bench the team was able to find a lot more rhythm. The forwards again were exciting - not amazing, but there is hell of a lot of potential.
I thought our defense around the ruck was great, especially with Ellis, Rhino and Fulton on the park together.

Farah was the standout - he pretty well carved up the sharks every time he ran at the line.
Mullaney came on at the 35min mark and stayed on until about the 70min mark. He had limited opportnities with the ball, although he did put in a good tackle that stopped a runaway try. I still think he's raw, but I also think he's out best option.

There were two things to note from this game:
1 - Moltzen and Lui (with Farah at 9) in the halves are pretty good. There was no benji yet we will held together well in attack
2 - Thank baby jesus that we've got lots of good props! It really makes a difference!

3. Farah
2. Lui - good effort, still not convinced though
1. Moltzen - led the boys around well. Leave him at 7!

Again, unlike last week, sticking to a 18 man squad meant that there was a lot more rhythm in the team. I still think there is a lot of work to do and fullback still has a HUGE question mark over it, but all in all things were good, clean and promising.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

alien

Post by alien » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:34 pm

mattc78 wrote:If we have Lui at 6 and Benji at 7 where does this leave Moltzen once Tuquiri arrives, I just have a strong feeling we could have this halfs combo for round one.
If Lui keeps going well in the halves then Tuqiri will stay on the wing I think.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:35 pm

Just got back from the game.

Awesome performance from Lui. He really thrived without Benji on the field and formed some seemless combo's with Robbie.

Based on that, he will be there come round 1.

Farah, Ellis and Big Red had cracking games too.

Kul

Post by Kul » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:36 pm

Oh and when Mullaney went off in the 70th (or so) minute, Farah moved to Halfback, Lui to 5/8th and Moltz to 1
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 9:00 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:It's good to win fellas and I don't want to be negative, but Cronulla are one of the all time worst footy teams for a long time. They are a throwback to the era before the cap.........some blokes there who simply aren't close to being first graders + older blokes well past their prime. Get on them for the spoon.
I dont much care about the opposition, even if they were woeful.
We improved a lot on last week, thats all Im concerned about.
I agree with Hybrid on Cayless & Moors....

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks for the updates guys. Sounds like a promising performance.

Can't wait for the real footy to begin!

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 9:51 pm

I thought Fulton had a pretty good game too, ran hard and fast. He almost broke the line a few times.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:00 pm

hammertime wrote:I thought Fulton had a pretty good game too, ran hard and fast. He almost broke the line a few times.
Agreed with that, also Heighington looked good too and got through plenty of work as usual.

Kul I completely disagree with you on Molzten, thought he had a shocker. Kicked out on the full in the first few minutes and that set the tone for the rest of his match. Two knock-ons and countless other times where our attack seemed to stop as soon as he got the ball. He did get a bit better as the match wore on, but would have to be one of his poorer performances for us.

I have to repeat again - the Sharks were terrible, so its hard to gauge just how good we were. I lost count how many basic errors they made, it was pretty embarrassing. They also used a good 30 players or more and we still ran over them at the end of the game.

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:11 pm

"Daniel Fitzhenry missed the match with a groin strain,but Tigers officials were confident the winger would play the opening round."

source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

That doesn't sound good. :(