Sharks Trial: LIVE GAME THREAD

softlaw

Re: Sharks Trial: LIVE GAME THREAD

Post by softlaw » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:14 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel Fitzhenry missed the match with a groin strain, but Tigers officials were confident the winger would play the opening round.
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:26 pm

The sharks were shocking tonight, based on the way they played I dont think we have any clear indication of how we are really travelling. They turned the ball over and gave penalties away all night.
Lui- Thought he started very poorly and improved as the night proggresed. I think he started to play better as he gained confidence. However I wouldnt have him in my starting side come round 1..
Moltzen- Played MUCH better at halfback then he did at fullback. He was threatening all night and overall had a good game. Should definately be halfback against Manly.
Brown- Thought that when he was on the feild he was very very average. He gave away a try from a drop ball and looked too slow to be a fullback.
Gibbs- I thought he was very good tonight. He ran the ball at the line very hard all night.
Cayless- Looked to be running sideways all night on his hittups, Thought he looked pretty soft.
Heigno- Best ive seen him play in a while, deserved his double.
Farah- Easily best on the park.

gaggles

Post by gaggles » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:34 pm

wouldnt count lazarus out yet just watched him in his 3rd game back n his is lookin good , few more games under his belt n he will b up there with the best of them

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:36 pm

gaggles wrote:wouldnt count lazarus out yet just watched him in his 3rd game back n his is lookin good , few more games under his belt n he will b up there with the best of them
Whats he got to do with tonights game?

gaggles

Post by gaggles » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:
gaggles wrote:wouldnt count lazarus out yet just watched him in his 3rd game back n his is lookin good , few more games under his belt n he will b up there with the best of them
Whats he got to do with tonights game?
maybe cause they were talkin earlier in this thread bout half backs n the options wts have in the halfs

Icon

Post by Icon » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:59 pm

Guys, don't get carried away with this match - i can't remember a worst performance from a team, Cronulla were absolutely shocking. I watch a lot of live football every year and cronulla were a standout for worst team i've seen in the last 5 years.
I stuck around and watched the 1st half of the second match and i can tell you it was a much superior game.

Anyway, i thought Farah was good tonight along with Gibbs and Heighno. Cayless i'm not sold on yet, a lot of side way running and with very little speed.

I've read a few of the post here and i didn't think Lui was that convincing, he played better than last week but i would prefer moltzen and Marshall.

Only a trial, the real thing in 2 weeks.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:05 pm

Why's that...........a lot thought we were spoon bound after the Rorters loss...

What happend to the opposition only played as well as they where allowed...

From what I can gather by reading the thread the intensity was much better than last week and the result followed....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Icon

Post by Icon » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:21 pm

Geo. wrote:Why's that...........a lot thought we were spoon bound after the Rorters loss...

What happend to the opposition only played as well as they where allowed...

From what I can gather by reading the thread the intensity was much better than last week and the result followed....
your first point - i don't really believe anyone thought we were spoon bound

second point - normally i would agree, but not in this game, you had to see it to believe it

third point - our intensity i though was about the same - roosters were very good, cronulla were terrible - that was the difference.

we'll have to lift quite a bit to get over Manly - although i have no idea how they're travelling.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:36 pm

Icon wrote:Guys, don't get carried away with this match - i can't remember a worst performance from a team, Cronulla were absolutely shocking. I watch a lot of live football every year and cronulla were a standout for worst team i've seen in the last 5 years.
I stuck around and watched the 1st half of the second match and i can tell you it was a much superior game.

Anyway, i thought Farah was good tonight along with Gibbs and Heighno. Cayless i'm not sold on yet, a lot of side way running and with very little speed.

I've read a few of the post here and i didn't think Lui was that convincing, he played better than last week but i would prefer moltzen and Marshall.

Only a trial, the real thing in 2 weeks.
Have to agree with most of what you said here. I thought that the second game did start much faster, but really by the end of it Parramatta were playing worse than Cronulla did. Plus that second game was played in much cooler conditions. The 1st half in the Tigers game was very hot. If not for the heat and the toll it takes on the players, I think the Tigers would have scored many more points.

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:41 am

Looks like our backline is almost set in stone after Lui's performance and Sheens comments. The only contentious spot will be one wing spot with Fitzhenry no doubt getting the nod over Brown.

I think we will see the following team take the field Round 1 not that I completely agree with it

1.Moltzen
2.Fitzhenry
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Lui

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Fulton
13.Heighington

14. Payten
15. Moors
16. Cayless
17. Brown

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 1:20 pm

God that team looks the suck really.

Payten, Brown, Fitzhenry, Cayless are all as good as passengers at the moment.

Fifita, Al Schirnack, Pritchard and Davis should all be there instead with an obvious view for Cayless to come good but the other three I don't think should be considered permanent fixtures this season. Payten has been all but ineffective as a forward forever, Fitzhenry should be much lower in the pecking order and Brown has trialled poorly. Though it appears obvious that you are right and we are set to yet again, have to cope with terrible selection decisions from Tim Sheens. It hurts inside.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 1:39 pm

fitzhenry must of been talking to hindmarsh pre game cause i swear i saw nathan headbutt a ball when it was coming down from a bomb!

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:08 pm

hammertime wrote:Just got back from the game.

Awesome performance from Lui. He really thrived without Benji on the field and formed some seemless combo's with Robbie.

Based on that, he will be there come round 1.

Farah, Ellis and Big Red had cracking games too.
what about luis underwhelming effort v the roosters? 1 good game and hes a lock for the 7? what you people have to take into account is that for some mind boggling reason whenever moltzen is in the 7 we win, yet sheens and you fellas seem to want lui in there.

moltzen is our best option for halfback, lui is the best back up option, sorry but hes 19 hes got a long time left in the game, the tigers look their best when its moltzen in the 7 jersey, his record and the teams record speaks for its self
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

MacDougall wrote:God that team looks the suck really.

Payten, Brown, Fitzhenry, Cayless are all as good as passengers at the moment.

Fifita, Al Schirnack, Pritchard and Davis should all be there instead with an obvious view for Cayless to come good but the other three I don't think should be considered permanent fixtures this season. Payten has been all but ineffective as a forward forever, Fitzhenry should be much lower in the pecking order and Brown has trialled poorly. Though it appears obvious that you are right and we are set to yet again, have to cope with terrible selection decisions from Tim Sheens. It hurts inside.
mate , they wont play those players you mentioned till later in the season, they have to play their contracted players first no matter how bad they are, to justify signing them which is a real shame.
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 4:35 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
hammertime wrote:Just got back from the game.

Awesome performance from Lui. He really thrived without Benji on the field and formed some seemless combo's with Robbie.

Based on that, he will be there come round 1.

Farah, Ellis and Big Red had cracking games too.
what about luis underwhelming effort v the roosters? 1 good game and hes a lock for the 7? what you people have to take into account is that for some mind boggling reason whenever moltzen is in the 7 we win, yet sheens and you fellas seem to want lui in there.

moltzen is our best option for halfback, lui is the best back up option, sorry but hes 19 hes got a long time left in the game, the tigers look their best when its moltzen in the 7 jersey, his record and the teams record speaks for its self
I wonder if you were even there yesterday?
Moltzen was very average, Lui played all over him...if you watch the game at times Lui was half, Moltzen, Farah, even Fulton.
Moltz had little to do with yesterdays win.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 5:06 pm

Moltzen still a better option then Lui IMO, certainly didnt think Molzten was played all over by Lui yesterday..

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 5:11 pm

even if moltzen was our half who will be our fullback?

brown? mullaney?
neither of them are 1st grade ready

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 5:26 pm

well surley mullaney is next in line ,i say give the kid his break
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..