1. moltzen
2. ryan
3. ayshford
4. lawrence
5. tuqiri (if he gets bak intime)
6. marshall
7. lui

:sign:
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

fainty

Post by fainty » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 9:31 am

I was also at the game, a few things I noticed-
•Lawrence looked strong in attack, it was obvious we wanted to give him plenty of early ball. His defence has improved so much from a couple of seasons ago, came up out of the line to shut down a few plays.
•lui, moltz, and farah looked good together. It's great to see we now have the depth in the Halves.
•I thought Gibbs and Galloway really stood up tonight. The sharks have a huge forward pack and these two just kept going.
•Ryan has sown up 1 wing spot! Done some real good things-difussed bombs, made metres
from dummy half, and a few good breaks. I'm
not sure who will babysit tuiakis wing spot till he's ready.
•farah was on fire, looks good for a strong year!
Over all a solid hit out, defence looked good which I always worry about!

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks Willow. Great to hear Robbie had a blinder and Lui got his game together.

Maybe we can retire the 7 jersey and play with 6a and 6b...

willow

Post by willow » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 10:30 am

tiga4eva wrote:Do you think(if fit) Payten will be in the 17 for Rd1.If no,who will be Bench Props considering Gibbs and Sauce appear certs.to start.
Personally I wouldn't throw Payten straight back into the top 17. He's got no trial form or match fitness under his belt and the players that ran out yesterday did the job. Bench props will be Cayless and Moors. Sheens went with these blokes against the Roosters and against the Sharks, so he seems set on that combo IMO.

Personally I'd prefer to see Moors used as a wide running second rower as I think he would be more effective as he has an offload in his game. He goes ok up the middle though.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 10:34 am

shiretiger wrote:
willow wrote: 18. Daniela - Played the first half and didn't have a whole lot to do. Easily handled in attack and nothing to write home about in defence. I'd be much more inclined to have Fitzy in on the wing ahead of him but above that I'd like to see Rhys Pritchard given a run as he has shown good trial form and ticks the pace, elusive and finsishing boxes.
He must be ordinary to be edged in your opinion by the WT greatest try scorer
He looks very small out there and his greatest asset is his speed. He'll take some catching if he gets put into the clear but defensively he's not very strong and if a team is defending well, he can be manhandled pretty easy because of his size. He got pushed over the sideline after trying to step back in field yesterday.

Fitzy might not be as quick, but he's a little bigger and a better defender. It's a pity Sheens has not given Rhys Pritchard a go because I think he would go well in FG on the wing. Plenty quick enough, can tackle and knows how to score a good try, he's very elusive on good on his feet.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 10:52 am

Needed 1 fullback 1 center not happy with Asyford we need speed in the centers ,i agree why not give Pritchard a go if he is not better than some of those other guys i am a bad judge Was at the game last night and was not impresed in the first half if there was one of the top teams against us we would have been down by 20 so it is no good getting carried away . two of our new buys were total flops .

chalky

Post by chalky » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks for the report Willow, much appreciated!

Will be a bit worried if our starting wingers for round one are Fitz and Ryan, in saying that if Lawrence and Ayshford can get some decent ball, those are fairly good finishers.

I would go for 1 Moltz, 6 Benj, 7 Lui.....dont see any other option at this stage.

BB, Benji in the centres!!! Bloody hell mate sober up........

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:31 am

willow wrote:
shiretiger wrote:
willow wrote: 18. Daniela - Played the first half and didn't have a whole lot to do. Easily handled in attack and nothing to write home about in defence. I'd be much more inclined to have Fitzy in on the wing ahead of him but above that I'd like to see Rhys Pritchard given a run as he has shown good trial form and ticks the pace, elusive and finsishing boxes.
He must be ordinary to be edged in your opinion by the WT greatest try scorer
He looks very small out there and his greatest asset is his speed. He'll take some catching if he gets put into the clear but defensively he's not very strong and if a team is defending well, he can be manhandled pretty easy because of his size. He got pushed over the sideline after trying to step back in field yesterday.

Fitzy might not be as quick, but he's a little bigger and a better defender. It's a pity Sheens has not given Rhys Pritchard a go because I think he would go well in FG on the wing. Plenty quick enough, can tackle and knows how to score a good try, he's very elusive on good on his feet.

AND those of us in the know, know that pritchard is a better centre than he is a winger , buy a country mile..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:43 am

Payten would be fitter than Cayless and nowhere near as soft as well....been disappointed in him, hope he improves.
TBH I was never really impressed by him at his ''peak'' with the Roosters, never saw wat the the fuss was abou

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 1:06 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Great report Willow.

Daniela and Brown very poor.

If Lotto is back I will go with

1. Lawrence
2.Lotto Tiquri
3. Ayshford
4. Marshall (The wider the better for Benji, he will destroy them out here)
5. Ryan
6. Lui
7. Moltzen
:roll: :roll: :roll:

and you have the hyde to criticise the coach over his selections. Wow, just wow.

After reading the reports from yesterdays trial i think Lui has to start in the 7. Sure he may not turn in such dominate performances week to week. but he must be given the oppurtunity to adjust to the role (playing predomintaley down the right).

As far as Moltzen at fullback, in attack he has been very good in this position, often linking up with farah and carving teams up through the middle. We could do worse for round 1.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 1:51 pm

moltzen very good in attack at fullback.? you have no idea.. seriously

NO SERIOUSLY!!!

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 2:39 pm

yes seriosuly. He made a number of long range breaks last year due to short interchanges of passes between himself and benji around the ruck area. However i do agree that his support play could improve. There is more to a fullbacks 'attack' than kick returns.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:18 pm

mate hes one of the worst attacking fullbacks in the comp.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:22 pm

:lol: :lol: In your Opinion...who are the others....Care to Rank them.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:34 pm

so you telling me geo that moltzen is a good attacking fullback? moltzen looks to timid at the back, always looking for his wingers to do his dirty work..
Last edited by tomcat on Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks for the great report again Willow ! My question is will the Tigers be able to keep up the momentum - that has been their problem in the past 4 years - terrific one week -very poor the next - hopefully we are all in for a good season :P

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:40 pm

Geo. wrote::lol: :lol: In your Opinion...who are the others....Care to Rank them.....
wont bother ranking the others ,but i will rank you behind the_ scene ,lol

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 28 Feb, 2010 3:51 pm

Does anyone know if we had any injury concerns out of the trial?