Could We?

barra

Re: Could We?

Post by barra » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 9:55 am

Thinkin' next year we'd be a chance at this myself... but hey, if they pull this off it will be the win of the season and richly deserved to all concerned.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:32 am

shane2801 wrote:
Fri 18 Aug, 2017 11:48 pm
Cant see it Im afraid. Easts have too much to play for
Hey aren't you the bloke that had that 'feeling' last week? Nothing this week? :(

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:35 am

Can't see us winning, but I expect given the level of improvement over the last 2 months, that we'll go closer to beating them than any other time we've played them in the last 5 years. I'm on us at +14.5. Good value there.

Mr Magpie

Post by Mr Magpie » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:04 am

A win would be great but I'll be really happy if they just have a real dig. Seen a lot of guts and effort from the boys lately and just want them to continue in that mode to define a "new" Tigers attitude for 2018. Just give everything for the 80 boys and who knows?
BTW, looking more like we won't get our first spoon the way Warriors are playing before we end with them.
WE WILL STAND OUT GROUND AGAINST THE GATES OF HELL AND WE WON'T BACK DOWN!
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:22 pm

So beating Manly was a fluke...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:25 pm

We're going to need all the good luck charms we can get cos, I'm not giving us much of a chance in this one.

Though I did say that last week as well....
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:25 pm

Earl wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:14 am
We can win but I doubt we will. This is definitely not Ivan's biggest test. This club's biggest test has been the way our stars acted this year and how we handled them. Since Ivan got here we have handled this extremely well.

Next year will be interesting. I think Ivan has proven that he is the right person for the job and will be retained longer term but results always matter.

I expect improvement over the next couple of years assuming Ivan remains in charge.
All this is spot on.
I think the OP meant by Ivan's biggest test, the biggest test for us on the field this season so far- with the Rorters in finals mode and looking to hit their peak form.
Can't see us winning unfortunately, any punters out there should put the house on Mitchell Pearce to score a try tonight- every game against us he scores pretty much his only try of the season. Every freaking time.
JWH will tear us a new one up the middle and intimidate our forward pack.....that also happens every time we play them. Who was that snake-handler, drug cheat bloke: Martin Kennedy? He had 2 standout games in his NRL career and both were against us....he was even talked up for an Origin berth after violating our forward pack one time.
They are our biggest bogey side in the comp without a doubt. A competitive showing with plenty of spirit will do today. Rorters by 10.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 1:31 pm

If dogs are allowed into the stadium Pearce will be gone.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

willow

Post by willow » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 3:58 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:22 pm
So beating Manly was a fluke...?
You know what it's like when we play the Chooks Geo, even if they've been in poor form leading into the game they grow a leg against us and seem to run through our middle at will. Hope that changes today, but it's going to take a mammoth effort.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 4:44 pm

barra wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 9:55 am
Thinkin' next year we'd be a chance at this myself... but hey, if they pull this off it will be the win of the season and richly deserved to all concerned.
i'd be putting my house for the roosters to win the premiership next year. The only thing they'd be missing next year is a half to put pressure on pearce and keary.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

BalmainJnr

Post by BalmainJnr » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 5:17 pm

I hope we get a close up on Bwaith if we win

will1999

Post by will1999 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm nervous

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 5:45 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:25 pm
Earl wrote:
We can win but I doubt we will. This is definitely not Ivan's biggest test. This club's biggest test has been the way our stars acted this year and how we handled them. Since Ivan got here we have handled this extremely well.

Next year will be interesting. I think Ivan has proven that he is the right person for the job and will be retained longer term but results always matter.

I expect improvement over the next couple of years assuming Ivan remains in charge.
All this is spot on.
I think the OP meant by Ivan's biggest test, the biggest test for us on the field this season so far- with the Rorters in finals mode and looking to hit their peak form.
Can't see us winning unfortunately, any punters out there should put the house on Mitchell Pearce to score a try tonight- every game against us he scores pretty much his only try of the season. Every freaking time.
JWH will tear us a new one up the middle and intimidate our forward pack.....that also happens every time we play them. Who was that snake-handler, drug cheat bloke: Martin Kennedy? He had 2 standout games in his NRL career and both were against us....he was even talked up for an Origin berth after violating our forward pack one time.
They are our biggest bogey side in the comp without a doubt. A competitive showing with plenty of spirit will do today. Rorters by 10.
Zing!

BalmainJnr

Post by BalmainJnr » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 6:02 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 5:45 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:25 pm
Earl wrote:

All this is spot on.
Zing!
You can add Snorbo to that list, he loves scoring against us too.