Live game thread *spoilers

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Live game thread *spoilers

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:02 pm

Watching Jake Granville tonight most of his passes are bullet like and at the support player or just in front of them so they run onto the ball.
I hope Liddle develops into a great ball distributor like Granville, witness a big bonus for us next year.


User avatar
dazza65
Member
Member
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by dazza65 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:07 pm

Moses origin? Sheez another 10'yearsbof QLD dominance if that's the case....
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:11 pm

Earl wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:41 pm
Earl wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:40 pm
I reckon our best halves pairing will be Brooks and Marshall. I also like IC but he stuffed up buying Reynolds.
Pretty savage seeing he hasn't even played a game yet.
I hope I'm wrong but I think signing Reynolds was a really poor decision.
I trust the coach.

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm

Following are set to have scans

ET - Ribs & Shoulder
Brooks - Hamstring
:sign:

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:25 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
Following are set to have scans

ET - Ribs & Shoulder
Brooks - Hamstring
Thats a concern for Brooks
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!


maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
Following are set to have scans

ET - Ribs & Shoulder
Brooks - Hamstring
After some of the attempts to kick tonight I'm not surprised....
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4885
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:25 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
Following are set to have scans

ET - Ribs & Shoulder
Brooks - Hamstring
Thats a concern for Brooks
Yep could be his down fall obviously has a problem in that area..at least next season there are players ready to fill his spot,he must be a bit concerned to be frank

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2105
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:34 pm

Snake wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:25 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
Following are set to have scans

ET - Ribs & Shoulder
Brooks - Hamstring
Thats a concern for Brooks
Yep could be his down fall obviously has a problem in that area..at least next season there are players ready to fill his spot,he must be a bit concerned to be frank
Brooks was quoted only last week that his hammy is now 100%....

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4484
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:03 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 9:05 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:29 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:21 pm
Brooks might of let us down at the end but the service from 9 killed any chance of coming back.
Brooks is just as much to blame, he over runs the ruck, the hooker shouldn't pass, but did twice tonight at crucial times
We need a new half back ASAP
If only the Titans could fold so we nab Ash Taylor.
No better than Brooks the way he played the other night.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:03 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 9:05 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:29 pm


Brooks is just as much to blame, he over runs the ruck, the hooker shouldn't pass, but did twice tonight at crucial times
We need a new half back ASAP
If only the Titans could fold so we nab Ash Taylor.
No better than Brooks the way he played the other night.
The whole team has been s*** all year. It's a cop out to just blame it on Hayne.

If you don't think Taylor is better than Brooks than you're clueless.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4484
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:29 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:03 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 9:05 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm


We need a new half back ASAP
If only the Titans could fold so we nab Ash Taylor.
No better than Brooks the way he played the other night.
The whole team has been s*** all year. It's a cop out to just blame it on Hayne.

If you don't think Taylor is better than Brooks than you're clueless.
Having stabs at people is pretty clueless in itself.

I said THE OTHER NIGHT - if you read what you are answering.

I say that because he is also rocks and diamonds the same as Brooks and Cleary was pretty hopeless in the first part of the year as well.

These are FACTS... not just an opinion.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5801
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:00 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:29 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:03 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 9:05 pm


If only the Titans could fold so we nab Ash Taylor.
No better than Brooks the way he played the other night.
The whole team has been s*** all year. It's a cop out to just blame it on Hayne.

If you don't think Taylor is better than Brooks than you're clueless.
Having stabs at people is pretty clueless in itself.

I said THE OTHER NIGHT - if you read what you are answering.

I say that because he is also rocks and diamonds the same as Brooks and Cleary was pretty hopeless in the first part of the year as well.

These are FACTS... not just an opinion.
Another fact is Taylor is looking at a 1 million a year contract with more than one club ready to pounce, Brooks wouldn't get anywhere near the money or interest from another club.
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5920
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 6:02 am

I thought that Brooks would do a lot better once Moses was gone , but I was wrong.
I keep hoping that he will start to show at least some hint that his control of the game will start to improve. But nothing happens. It's like he's hit a roadblock and no matter how he tries, he just doesn't have what makes a first grade Half.
Unfortunately neither is Benjii. But he's better than Brooks

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5920
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 6:03 am

Snake wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:25 pm
wt00 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
Following are set to have scans

ET - Ribs & Shoulder
Brooks - Hamstring
Thats a concern for Brooks
Yep could be his down fall obviously has a problem in that area..at least next season there are players ready to fill his spot,he must be a bit concerned to be frank
who??

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:06 am

851 wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:00 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:29 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:03 pm


No better than Brooks the way he played the other night.
The whole team has been s*** all year. It's a cop out to just blame it on Hayne.

If you don't think Taylor is better than Brooks than you're clueless.
Having stabs at people is pretty clueless in itself.

I said THE OTHER NIGHT - if you read what you are answering.

I say that because he is also rocks and diamonds the same as Brooks and Cleary was pretty hopeless in the first part of the year as well.

These are FACTS... not just an opinion.
Another fact is Taylor is looking at a 1 million a year contract with more than one club ready to pounce, Brooks wouldn't get anywhere near the money or interest from another club.
I think I much prefer Brooks on that basis. Brooks is now copping it everywhere and I think it's overdone. He is starting to provide good value.

Yes he makes some mistakes and yes he needs to improve but we have been looking heaps better as a team and Brooks has been good.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5394
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:14 am

Earl wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:06 am
851 wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:00 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:29 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm


The whole team has been s*** all year. It's a cop out to just blame it on Hayne.

If you don't think Taylor is better than Brooks than you're clueless.
Having stabs at people is pretty clueless in itself.

I said THE OTHER NIGHT - if you read what you are answering.

I say that because he is also rocks and diamonds the same as Brooks and Cleary was pretty hopeless in the first part of the year as well.

These are FACTS... not just an opinion.
Another fact is Taylor is looking at a 1 million a year contract with more than one club ready to pounce, Brooks wouldn't get anywhere near the money or interest from another club.
I think I much prefer Brooks on that basis. Brooks is now copping it everywhere and I think it's overdone. He is starting to provide good value.

Yes he makes some mistakes and yes he needs to improve but we have been looking heaps better as a team and Brooks has been good.
Earl,Brooks has been better than he was,thats why he seems good,he still has a bloody long way to go..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:31 am

He is not Thurston, but at or above the level of a lot of other halfbacks. His short kicking game needs work and I would consider bringing in a specialist coach to mentor him along the lines of Johns, Fittler or even Prince.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4484
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:32 am

851 wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:00 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:29 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:03 pm


No better than Brooks the way he played the other night.
The whole team has been s*** all year. It's a cop out to just blame it on Hayne.

If you don't think Taylor is better than Brooks than you're clueless.
Having stabs at people is pretty clueless in itself.

I said THE OTHER NIGHT - if you read what you are answering.

I say that because he is also rocks and diamonds the same as Brooks and Cleary was pretty hopeless in the first part of the year as well.

These are FACTS... not just an opinion.
Another fact is Taylor is looking at a 1 million a year contract with more than one club ready to pounce, Brooks wouldn't get anywhere near the money or interest from another club.
There has been plenty of high paid players that struggled. Take your point.

All I am saying is that those three guys at times struggle - Taylor I think has an attitude problem, the other two don't. It will take time to get it together, Cleary obviously is the winner at this stage, Taylor running ahead of Brooks. Still wouldn't want him, certainly not at a million dollars. Cronk or DCE at the moment he is not.

Post Reply