Hard to be disappointed with that one

GNR4LIFE

Re: Hard to be disappointed with that one

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:24 am

I missed the game as i was at a 21st, so didn't see any of it. I'm not surprised that we pushed them. We'll win our last 2 games, no doubt about it. This team has come along in leaps and bounds since Cleary came on board. You wonder how the idiots who are leaving feel. They could have been apart of this. Instead they chose to take the cheap way out. Well, 2 of them did. The third thought he did, but it backfired spectacularly and he'll now have at least another couple years of misery as a result. Too bad.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 1:03 am

Good things ahead indeed. But we really need an alternate 7. It's gotta be over soon.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 6:07 am

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:59 pm
Kicking on the third and fourth tackle against the Roosters is just suicide when we needed to keep the ball in hand. Possession against a side like this is vital to keep their fatigue levels high.

Having said that, they really made me proud to be a Wests Tiger today with that never say die attitude and I thought that the Roosters' bombed tries had a lot to do with our boys pushing them to panic stations. Can't wait for next year? I'm still excited about this year!
Yep
"Quality Stupidity"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 6:39 am

The form we have displayed towards the back end of the season fills me with both hope and expectations for next year.At 16-0 down we would have folded badly in the past Cleary has instilled pride and the will to win back in the side something sadly lacking for the last few years.
The boys dug in and came back against one of the top teams in the comp and could have won.If we have this resolve next year and we should because it will be a stronger squad a good season will be had.
I havent felt this confident about a coming season since we signed Sheens.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:38 am

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:59 pm
Kicking on the third and fourth tackle against the Roosters is just suicide when we needed to keep the ball in hand. Possession against a side like this is vital to keep their fatigue levels high.

Having said that, they really made me proud to be a Wests Tiger today with that never say die attitude and I thought that the Roosters' bombed tries had a lot to do with our boys pushing them to panic stations. Can't wait for next year? I'm still excited about this year!
Generally agree, though thought Lolohea's attempted grubber was well and truly on at that point and also gets the defence second guessing on subsequent sets.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:15 am

Well I think one has the right to be disappointed with the refs backing an easts win. Even the last pass to Mitchell for their try was forward

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:28 am

No.... that was a the dumbest play of the game especially when it came of the back of a period where we had little possession ...and had a great period of defence..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:58 am

Snake wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:15 pm
The signing of Cleary early this season was a master stroke by the club,he has had the season to recruit and the season to start developing the new culture that the club is moving towards The improvement over the last couple of months in the attitude of the whole squad is there to see ,it has been a while since I have read anything about a plodder over the last few months....taking the top teams in the comp to the wire has been a great achievement by all ,we are happy supporters ATM. Bring on 2018 the Weststigers are certainly going to be a different beast indeed!
I agree. This season has been a write off but it's allowed us to become a lot more stable and from next year on we can start building.

No more life coaches and their masseuses trying to run our club. A decent squad without any superstars and hopefully the chance to purchase players in the future.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:36 am

Tigrr wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:15 am
Well I think one has the right to be disappointed with the refs backing an easts win. Even the last pass to Mitchell for their try was forward
I take it you missed Teddy's gridiron pass for one of our tries?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 11:08 am

stryker wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:56 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:32 pm
shane2801 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:12 pm
We lack speed. Especially next year when Tedesco goes. That concerns me. We still look a little lost in attack but our defence is fast becoming one of the best in the league.
Never in all my years of supporting this team, did I ever think I would see these words written.
You shouldnt be seeing them now either..blatantly untrue.
True.
The scramble is good... The attitudes improving, but scrambling is panic and hardly a controlling defence.
We need to become systematic and relentless....we aren't in control when we're scrambling and it usually ends up breaking down eventually
When we concede an average of 2-3 tries per game I'll start to get "ecstatic"

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 11:20 am

voice of reason wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:25 pm
KevB wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm
A bit tough on Brooks he didn't throw the forward pass I would have thought it was McIllwrick's responsibility to be either quicker or not pass.
This is first grade, they are both to blame - both should know better. To do it twice, well...
If your a metre in front of the dummy half then how can you blame anyone but yourself for over running the ball and not once but twice.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 11:36 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 11:20 am
If your a metre in front of the dummy half then how can you blame anyone but yourself for over running the ball and not once but twice.
The dummy half has to be smart enough not to throw it.
Suffering supporter since 1967

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:08 pm

If the dummy half is dummying right before intending to pass left, he must be looking right initially or the dummy fools no one, he knows the recipient will be on his left but he has to trust he will be onside... The dummy half would only have a fraction of a second to evaluate if he's onside or not, it's Brooks poor timing more so the problem this stuff should be sorted at training... It's not like they're two new players playing together for the first time

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:08 pm
If the dummy half is dummying right before intending to pass left, he must be looking right initially or the dummy fools no one, he knows the recipient will be on his left but he has to trust he will be onside... The dummy half would only have a fraction of a second to evaluate if he's onside or not, it's Brooks poor timing more so the problem this stuff should be sorted at training... It's not like they're two new players playing together for the first time
Very good explanation Ink,I also think that the flat passes that are in the game, a lot are forward but let go to speed up the game...I know its been along time since I played,but if my coach ever caught me not passing the ball back,then he would kick my butt..it really does come back to basics at training and getting them right...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:36 am
Tigrr wrote:
I saw it but the ref was not in line of sight to call it but he was with Mitchells last try

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:42 pm

Tigrr wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:36 am
Tigrr wrote:
I saw it but the ref was not in line of sight to call it but he was with Mitchells last try
Watch again.... There was Teddy, on his left Lolohea, and to Lolos left was Barney Rubble... Right in line with it

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 4:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:08 pm
If the dummy half is dummying right before intending to pass left, he must be looking right initially or the dummy fools no one, he knows the recipient will be on his left but he has to trust he will be onside... The dummy half would only have a fraction of a second to evaluate if he's onside or not
I'm sorry but I can't agree. I just rewatched the final one and he didn't dummy or look right, he just picked it up and threw it directly forward. In the scenario you suggest, where the DH doesn't have time to react and passes where he believes the player should be, the ball would go behind the player who miss-timed the run. In the instance yesterday he simply picked it up and threw it directly to a player in an offside position.
I do agree however that this is the sort of thing which should be ironed out at training and hopefully will be coached out of their game.
In fairness to both players, it happens every game with every team - I'm surprised how often it's not called back.
Suffering supporter since 1967

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm

Majority of the 9's in the NRL would have thrown that pass and majority of the time it would have been let go.

Brooks over ran it yes, mm had time to hold the ball or at least get his arms out front.

If cammy throws the pass its play on.

Forward passes are a lottery, teddy's was a mile forward and let.