Hard to be disappointed with that one

Tacky
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 51 times

Hard to be disappointed with that one

Unread post by Tacky » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:23 pm

Playing with half a reserve grade squad and half the salary cap of the Roosters, we took them right down to the wire and gave them a run for their money. It's so blatantly obvious that we're just lacking the personal at the moment. Cleary has gotten so much more out of this team than anyone else could have. I mean face it, none of our top squad besides Teddy and Woods would get a run in any other team.

So yeah, it's hard losing to the Roosters again but, looking at the big picture we're going really well at the moment and I'm just happy with how the team has pulled together.

On an unrelated note, it's getting harder and harder to watch Teddy, just knowing that he will be playing for my least favourite team next year. Having to play against him as well.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:25 pm

hmmn.... Im taking that you watched the game when you were clearly asked to stop jinxing us

hobbo
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:27 pm

Valiant effort from the boys ...
We desperately need a new half back
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Tacky
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Tacky » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:28 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:25 pm
hmmn.... Im taking that you watched the game when you were clearly asked to stop jinxing us
Sorry.........
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:30 pm

Proud as punch and thought Brooks was good

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:30 pm

Pretty good effort but our lack of composure on last tackles and when the game is on the line is very obvious.

Fraze23
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:32 pm

Solid effort across the park. They muscled up in the middle. Went back to their old ways defensively for that last Roosters try, rushing in.

Can't help but feel we could have won it. Too much cheap possession turned over and those bloody forward passes from dummy half. Brooks overran it, but Mcilwrick should have taken other options.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:35 pm

We will be ok without teddy because we will have a stronger squad overall.

I think a lot of the squad has improved too.

Twal, Eiso and Aloiai belong in FG and would make most squads imo. Lawrence and ET are handy too.

LoLo, Nofo, Grant, Sue, MCK, Marsters etc... are somewhere below the Level we need them at, but most have the potential to become very good players if they bring their best efforts consistently. 2 months ago I didn't think we could carry all these guys, but they are lifting their game as a unit.

Brooks, Kev, MWZ, Edwards and unfortunately McIllwrick are the ones I'm not sure of. Brooks probably has the most chance of being useful but far too inconsistent.

I think a lot of the squad has improved and I no longer think of us a team made up of reserve graders.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:43 pm

There was no giving up...

Errors killed us...they are playing for each other..unlike previous Wests Tigers Teams..you can't ask for much more regardless of the result..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Earl
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by Earl » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:43 pm

We were good. Twal is definitely a first grade player but not a quality player. Marsters is a good player but he doesn't have the speed to be in the centres and possibly not the size to be in the backrow.

I think McIlwrick isn't really a first grade player. He can contribute but in a critical position he makes some mistakes.

I thought Brooks was good. He just needs some help.

We definitely aren't a reserve grade team. We are close to being able to compete with the top teams in the comp.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:47 pm

Imagine how much better we could be with new blood replacing the off contract players under Cleary. Good times ahead.

:sign:
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:52 pm

If McIllwrick had started the game at Hooker instead of ET we would have had a better chance of winning, I suppose they gave him a little rest after Marty 'The Strongest Man in the NRL' Tapau nearly removed his head last weekend, on that subject how did Jarrod Waera-Heargreaves see out the game tonight?.....

dazza65
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:53 pm

Look... I think we are all disappointed we didn't get the win. Coulda shoulda didn't, whatever
Over the last few seasons all we die hards have wanted is a team that tries its ring out and we can be proud of.
Tonight was one of those, as have the last few weeks.
If we can continue this attitude with some quality team players coming to slot in I think we will have many better weeks than not next year.
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Earl
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by Earl » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:54 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:47 pm
Imagine how much better we could be with new blood replacing the off contract players under Cleary. Good times ahead.

:sign:
You make a good point. The problem is that we are losing Tedesco. Woods isn't currently in our top forwards but Tedesco has the ability to win games.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:57 pm

very happy with how they went. We were quite lucky in some ways too, they bombed about 3-4 tries and tedescos pass was obviously a mile forward.

felt proud watching them tonight
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

steve-o
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by steve-o » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 7:59 pm

Yep, it's hard to be disappointed with that. Good effort from the boys. The only disappointing thing for me was Brooks over running the play the ball for those two forward passes
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:06 pm

On a technical level we were sub par. Too many penalties given away, too many missed tackles at vital times, too many dropped balls, terrible last tackle plays, forward passes, lack of attacking kicks, went the wrong way on many occasions.....etc etc.

BUT...they played with heart, they played with passion and they did not give in. That made me a proud supporter. They have a long, long way to go before they can play a season competing every week and winning more than they lose but when you play with guts theres always a chance. Cleary has the platform, lets hope the imports next year can facilitate the changes to technical ability.

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:10 pm

stryker wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 8:06 pm
On a technical level we were sub par. Too many penalties given away, too many missed tackles at vital times, too many dropped balls, terrible last tackle plays, forward passes, lack of attacking kicks, went the wrong way on many occasions.....etc etc.

BUT...they played with heart, they played with passion and they did not give in. That made me a proud supporter. They have a long, long way to go before they can play a season competing every week and winning more than they lose but when you play with guts theres always a chance. Cleary has the platform, lets hope the imports next year can facilitate the changes to technical ability.
Have to agree there

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”