Thank you ivan

Eye of the Tiger

Thank you ivan

Post by Eye of the Tiger » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:27 pm

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Ivan.

For the first time in a long time I walked away from a loss not dissapointed.
We showed heart and fight. We forced the roosters into errors, same with manly last week.

Spending the game with roosters supporters they couldn't believe this is a team in 15th.

Thank you Ivan for restoring some dignity back in the team.

Bring on 2018

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:32 pm

Eisenhuth and Twal have made a huge difference to our forwards.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:42 pm

When a new coach has been appointed all a supporter can hope for is a major improvement in the team in general moving forward and Ivan Cleary has certainly achieved this.With the influx of a host of player talent at seasons end I feel we all can get a bit excited about next season.👍

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:52 pm

IN IVAN I TRUST.....

He could very well be the saviour we have been looking for....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:54 pm

Take it easy guys....long, long road ahead.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:59 pm

stryker wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:54 pm
We have to get excited about something Stryker - it's been a long crap season!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:01 pm

Well he seems to have instilled some fight into a team that is not really renown for it ..which will have a different make up next year but they all seem to want to play for each other and the Coach..

So signs are promising...Roster is still light on but he is getting the most out of this mob in the past 6 weeks or so...much more encouraging than 3 months ago..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:04 pm

stryker wrote:
come on Stryker,can you be a little ecstatic with the teams last couple of performances,they have been great and are getting better all the time...your right,it is a long road ahead,but we have an excellent driver who is focussed on the road ahead..stability and control,something we haven't had for quite awhile.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm

Can only judge him on what he has done so far and the team have improved week on week, so yep Thank You Ivan!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:42 pm

He's been the most underrated coach in the game for a decade. Still never gets the credit he deserves for being the only coach to ever get consistency out of the Warriors, getting them to the finals consistently, and getting them to a grand final. Also got the Panthers to a pre lim final despite an horrific injury toll. There had to be more to him leaving Penrith than results, because the last year he was there, they had another horrific injury toll. He must have had a falling out with Gus, because Gus wouldn't be that stupid. Either way, we're benefitting. He's brought success to both clubs he coached prior to us. With an improving roster that will be stronger next year, he's well on the way to repeating his success with us.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 12:57 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:42 pm
He's been the most underrated coach in the game for a decade. Still never gets the credit he deserves for being the only coach to ever get consistency out of the Warriors, getting them to the finals consistently, and getting them to a grand final. Also got the Panthers to a pre lim final despite an horrific injury toll. There had to be more to him leaving Penrith than results, because the last year he was there, they had another horrific injury toll. He must have had a falling out with Gus, because Gus wouldn't be that stupid. Either way, we're benefitting. He's brought success to both clubs he coached prior to us. With an improving roster that will be stronger next year, he's well on the way to repeating his success with us.

Gus is increasingly out of touch. Mentioned while half asleep after GC game at Campbelltown the team is unfit with little future. Cleary has worked wonders with our goal line defense and 80min competitiveness and showed the problem was more mental.
We have plenty to look forward to apart from recruitment. The development of Aloie and Marsters as well as Twal and Eisenhuth is very impressive in short order its like we signed another 4 decent players at a fraction. Even more impressive is his ability to hone Kevs game and watch him turn opponents back to the inside and improve Nofoalumas positional play in defense mid year.

As much as the cap allows it would be good to keep everyone now that team harmony is good even if some players are marginal. This weekly commitment against top 8 teams leading into the semis with some wins is no panacea. If we play like this next fortnight we win both.

Watching the side tonight hold Easts out repeatedly with good reads shows Cleary has not only won the dressing room but created it. Players are listening because they believe .
And so do I.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 6:54 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:42 pm
Agreed

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 7:01 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:04 pm
stryker wrote:
come on Stryker,can you be a little ecstatic with the teams last couple of performances,they have been great and are getting better all the time...your right,it is a long road ahead,but we have an excellent driver who is focussed on the road ahead..stability and control,something we haven't had for quite awhile.....
No it's not in his DNA.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 7:12 am

I never start a topic on here but I thought I would start one on exactly this topic; then woke up this morning and here it is!! Cannot agree more with the praise for Cleary. Not only have the team showed some consistency in effort they are playing with confidence and an expectation that they can compete with the best of teams. The future looks bright in Tiger Town!!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 7:29 am

Always thought 99% of our problem was cattle and not so much coaching, but Ivan has proved me to be so wrong. When you think where were at before he took control and where we are now is amazing. Okay we are still near the bottom but its the fact we are now mixing it with best and that has not happen for yonks.

Next year will be a real challenge with so many new players from far and wide that have to be introduced to new structures. Anyway Cleary is the man for the Challenge

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:04 am

Man I wish we could have kept our current spine of Ted/Lolohea/Brooks/Liddle

Would have killed it.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:08 am

I think the difference with Ivan Cleary is that he is not simply a coach, but he is a very shrewd mentor, as well. I would like to ask Ivan, what was behind his selection of Matt Eisenhuth to accompany him to the Press Conference after the match. I am sure it was part of a ploy to signal to Matt that he has taken another step forward in his football life. Matt certainly looks like he is a leader and Ivan appears to be building on this for the future.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:13 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 7:01 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:04 pm
stryker wrote:
No it's not in his DNA.
I have said a number of times on here since the game that I was proud of that effort. I dont get ecstatic when we lose though...guess i have a winners mentality unlike the two of you?