Thank you ivan

king sirro

Re: Thank you ivan

Post by king sirro » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:22 am

Ive had my doubts and still do, but it appears he's building things. Im still concerned at how many nothing plays we do in a set for just one crack at the opposition. We need to start throwing more at teams in attacking sets, expecially off a break. We are the only team who makes a break then use the next 3 tackles to set things up rather then put things in motion straight away. Our 7 tackle set with 3 mintes to go was horribly boring.

Once that improves, and i think it will, i will certainly be on board with Ivan.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:30 am

Yeah the lack of threatening last play options we show us frustrating.... And the result was disappointing.... But I wouldn't be saying the result was disappointing after a flogging.
There's been a marked improvement in attitude in defence lately.... It's still a way off and a lot of work to do but that the technical side of things - it comes a lot easier when the attitude, desire and will to play for your team mates has been instilled

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:41 am

Agreed Ink.

We cant have it all at once.

Building attack will more than likely be a task in the pre-season but wow, have a go at the 'never say die' attitude and steely defence. If we bring that into 2018 we will be there or thereabouts.

I truly believe Teddy is going to be a massive, even Woods. We need to pick up a couple of games changers to complete this team....but I am looking forward to watching them grow as a side.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:42 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:08 am
I would like to ask Ivan, what was behind his selection of Matt Eisenhuth to accompany him to the Press Conference after the match. I am sure it was part of a ploy to signal to Matt that he has taken another step forward in his football life.
Perhaps, but he was asked about it and said it was because he was the only player in the change room that was dressed and ready.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:16 am

voice of reason wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:42 am
MightyMaggy wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:08 am
I would like to ask Ivan, what was behind his selection of Matt Eisenhuth to accompany him to the Press Conference after the match. I am sure it was part of a ploy to signal to Matt that he has taken another step forward in his football life.
Perhaps, but he was asked about it and said it was because he was the only player in the change room that was dressed and ready.
Brilliant. No agenda.No drama.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:42 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 19 Aug, 2017 11:42 pm
He's been the most underrated coach in the game for a decade. Still never gets the credit he deserves for being the only coach to ever get consistency out of the Warriors, getting them to the finals consistently, and getting them to a grand final. Also got the Panthers to a pre lim final despite an horrific injury toll. There had to be more to him leaving Penrith than results, because the last year he was there, they had another horrific injury toll. He must have had a falling out with Gus, because Gus wouldn't be that stupid. Either way, we're benefitting. He's brought success to both clubs he coached prior to us. With an improving roster that will be stronger next year, he's well on the way to repeating his success with us.
I reckon he is doing a great job. So much better than Taylor. He also seems to have a calm structured approach where we are looking to improve consistently.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:00 am

Has Woods been to a presser since he signed with the Dogs?

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:00 am

Milky wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:04 am
Man I wish we could have kept our current spine of Ted/Lolohea/Brooks/Liddle

Would have killed it.
Lolohea needs to improve and especially become consistent but you are right. That spine isn't too expensive but it's full of quality.

Still what do you do ?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 11:57 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:00 am
Has Woods been to a presser since he signed with the Dogs?
Yes most of them including last week against Manly.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 1:12 pm

They play for each other. There has been very few times in our history where the players have given everything and kept fighting. Even when we won in 2005 we rarely had to play with backs to the wall because we were such a spectacular side.

I think it is Cleary bringing in a culture change. I remember watching the Manly side of 2 or 3 years ago in awe - they would fight even when down by 16 with 10 to go. We are starting to see our side do that and it is brilliant.