Brooks Ruled out

GNR4LIFE

Re: Brooks Ruled out

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:40 pm

You wonder how many games Brooks and Reynolds will string together as a combo without a hammy between them.

Post by 851 » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:40 pm
You wonder how many games Brooks and Reynolds will string together as a combo without a hammy between them.
Pretty sad isn't it, Brooks said 2 weeks ago, ' The hammy is 100% ", the hammy is about as good as his game, shot I say.
Go hard or go home

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm

You only had to watch Brooks trying to make a couple of long defensive kicks last week to realise his hammys were shot

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:40 pm
Will give us a chance to see Gamble and Benji in action I guess.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 8:55 pm

I wouldn't mind Marsters in the halves and Heleta into the outside backs - Why not, nothing to lose

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm

Siro was throwing passes off the deck at training so it looks like we'll see a bit of him at hooker but he could also cover half if Littlejohn has a bad day.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:13 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 8:55 pm
I wouldn't mind Marsters in the halves and Heleta into the outside backs - Why not, nothing to lose
It's call face - I for one don't want to lose it.

Next you'll be suggesting we could play Sue in the centres to replace Marsters - nothing to lose!!!

Serious?

Trouble is when we get 10 points behind you turn the TV off - so you have nothing to lose.

Never give the other team a half a sniff, if you can help it Chief.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:29 pm

Maybe it's time for Luke to swap a weight session for a yoga class once a week.
Suffering supporter since 1967

tigerfanatic

Post by tigerfanatic » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:18 am

Bring siro up from the bench to partner tui in the halves drop littlejohn altogether and bring either ava or heleta up from the reserves if littlejohn plays at all tonight we wont win. Simple as that.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:37 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:13 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 8:55 pm
It's call face - I for one don't want to lose it.

Next you'll be suggesting we could play Sue in the centres to replace Marsters - nothing to lose!!!

Serious?

Trouble is when we get 10 points behind you turn the TV off - so you have nothing to lose.

Never give the other team a half a sniff, if you can help it Chief.
Yeah, I realise that - I want to win the last two games as much as anyone else on the forum

but

Neither Sirro or JLJ are going to be playing in the halves next year. We may as well give Sirro a run in the back-row since he may potentially be playing there next year. Playing Marsters in the halves gives a chance to Heleta for him to show his worth.

And if Ava can't get a run because he is not at Concord next year; then the same should apply to JLJ

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 7:27 am

The Old Fox wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:36 pm
Lolo to halfback, Tedesco to 5/8 to impress the Australian selectors or embarrass himself and kevin to full back.. nothing to lose why not?
Interesting its not a bad idea as it doesn't mess with our starting 13 that much. However it does leave us one short on the general kicking side tho.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 7:56 am

Actually people tonights game could be a real test of how resilient this team is and we will see how well we can improvise without wonder "overhyped" boy Brooks in the side...If JLJ gets to start in the halves,I hope he has a good game and Tui leads the team around the park...many don't rate JLJ,but while Ivan selects him then he gets my full support as part of this team going forwards....the last month has made me even more supportive of coach Cleary,he has instilled confidence and faith into a team of basically fringe first graders who are playing well as a unit...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:02 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 7:56 am
Actually people tonights game could be a real test of how resilient this team is and we will see how well we can improvise without wonder "overhyped" boy Brooks in the side...If JLJ gets to start in the halves,I hope he has a good game and Tui leads the team around the park...many don't rate JLJ,but while Ivan selects him then he gets my full support as part of this team going forwards....the last month has made me even more supportive of coach Cleary,he has instilled confidence and faith into a team of basically fringe first graders who are playing well as a unit...
Cleary has selected JLJ because there is nobody else its is that simple. The cupboard is bare

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:10 am

supercoach wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:02 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Cleary has selected JLJ because there is nobody else its is that simple. The cupboard is bare
Exactly supercoach,but while JLJ gets selected really tells the story of our depth,we must support him and hope he does play well,we all know he is not NRL quality but still gets hammered by many when he is all Ivan has to select...I don't know much about the second tier cap or the form of the younger ones who could or could not be available..but the coach has the final say....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:16 am

It's tough to say this, but Littlejohn is by far the best option to replace Brooks.

On the plus side we won't lose much in terms of kicking game. Littlejohn's kicking game is okay - we lose a lot in running and passing though.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:23 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:10 am
supercoach wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:02 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Exactly supercoach,but while JLJ gets selected really tells the story of our depth,we must support him and hope he does play well,we all know he is not NRL quality but still gets hammered by many when he is all Ivan has to select...I don't know much about the second tier cap or the form of the younger ones who could or could not be available..but the coach has the final say....

One thing I will say about JLJ he has a lot more chance of being effective as a no7 than a back up no9. He gets murdered in defence when playing the no9 role. Anyway every dog (or should I say tiger) has its day, and maybe JLJ days is today. Its not lack of effort that is holding him back more skill

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 12:09 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
I often wonder who 'overhyped' Brooks..certainly not the player himself..or previous Coaches..In fact Ivan came out recently and stated that the labelling of Brooks as with any young player is unfair...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 5:08 pm

Masterton wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:07 pm
We just went from $1.88 to $2.10 with my mob.
Yes was looking to good to be true with them having players out and us near 100%. Was worried about game and now am glag I steered clear in my multi especially with Brooks and ET ot and Coote and Cooper perhaps playing for them..
Brooks is going to have to get right for next season not just hammy wise but between the ears. Looks good in patches and seems to loose intensity in the context of an important period of the game.
Also it seems our players ate out "too easily " sometimes in comparison to other teams. Wonder about this over the years.