Chee Kam

The Old Fox

Re: Chee Kam

Post by The Old Fox » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 11:29 am

He wins the boofhead of the night award, but you can't drop him next week based on that aloner..it was Morgan who pulled the game out of the hat for the cowboys..those couple of in goal kicks were just too good.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 1:13 pm

i thought he had a solid game. Very good leg drive in his hitups. Pretty good meters. The shoulder charge penalty was pretty soft, particularly after the no penalty for the shoulder charge on Nofo in the set prior.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Chee-Kam's brain explosion - I got rather heated at home and now that I have calmed down I can say that he was having a good game. This isn't the first time that the Tigers have shown an inability to close a game down. They appear to be okay chasing but they are not front runners.

The three big issues that they need to address before the new season are 1) fifth tackle option 2) closing a game down - look at the Storms ability to shut down a game 3) short kicking game

I should also add that Ivan has really brought the team along so I'm looking forward to a brighter 2018.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 2:11 pm

I thought he was having one of his best games in the first half. But I have noticed that he goes well with footwork, strength, defending UNTIL he starts to tire then looseness and bad habits become apparent.

Unfortunately, his kick charge undid any good. It was a real game-changer. (although Nofo copped a similar shoulder hit when trying to catch the pass and score)

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 2:33 pm

Recent improvments in his performances have been huge. Still a way to go, but he's heading in the right direction. That penalty was dumb but seriously, the ref could have let it slide by. Was hardly dangerous. I hope his attitude to improve stays with him because it could take him further than most on here expect.
Last edited by Doc Tiger on Sun 27 Aug, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 2:56 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:51 am
I thought he had a good game last night.

Sure he might have given away the penalty but ultimately I would rather MCK be in the team than Lovett.

He isn't a centre but does do a few silly things every now and again.

I think he is a great depth player, he has talent but needs to gain some discipline in order to get a crack in our 17.
This, This, THis, This.......perspective people

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 2:59 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 1:35 pm
Re: Chee-Kam's brain explosion - I got rather heated at home and now that I have calmed down I can say that he was having a good game. This isn't the first time that the Tigers have shown an inability to close a game down. They appear to be okay chasing but they are not front runners.

The three big issues that they need to address before the new season are 1) fifth tackle option 2) closing a game down - look at the Storms ability to shut down a game 3) short kicking game

I should also add that Ivan has really brought the team along so I'm looking forward to a brighter 2018.
I genuinely think that THIS is the single thing seperating us from the top 8. We compete, hang in but have zero capacity to build pressure. I am a Brooks fan but the ONE thing missing is his control of last tackle options. I am hoping Reynolds can help here but not confident, and am even more hopeful that Cleary could teach him

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 4:45 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 2:59 pm
FreddyK wrote:

I genuinely think that THIS is the single thing seperating us from the top 8. We compete, hang in but have zero capacity to build pressure. I am a Brooks fan but the ONE thing missing is his control of last tackle options. I am hoping Reynolds can help here but not confident, and am even more hopeful that Cleary could teach him
Agree. Liddle also has a decent kick out of dummy half so hopefully with Brooks, Reynolds Lolohea and Liddle, we have a few options which will help take pressure off the kicker and hopefully we can learn to take the right option on the last.
Last edited by shakey4d on Sat 26 Aug, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 4:45 pm

He has been Mr Gap Fill for us for a lot recently

Yes that was costly but we didnt lose the game because of that..

MCK adds a lot more value with Edwards and Lovett combined.
He gives it a red hot go, like Kevin

MCK is not a gifted player but he is a SMART footballer
He has forced a lot of errors for us, and his the one consistent player always looking for a 1 on 1 steal

And dont forget, he won us the game against Manly forcing a drop ball..

I didnt rate him more than a fringe player but i rate his Smartness on field

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 5:57 pm

Thought MCK was worth 2 points.

A few months back our defence was very ordinary. Our forwards were getting bashed and it was hard not to hang your head in shame.

Now Cleary has the boys working as a team and defending as well as most teams. Defence has obviously been the focus but still needs work. We have recruited some tough forwards for next year and its easy to think I don't have to hang my head no more.

Our attack is another story but I'm guessing that will be the focus in the off season when Reynolds arrives.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 10:18 pm

He was very good.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 10:41 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 2:59 pm
FreddyK wrote:

You think this is the SINGLE thing? What about poor edge defence, being dominated through the middle, too many errors, average missed tackles 30+, poor bench, no depth, no wrestle, poor kick return, dominated through the middle... and that's just a quick list!! A lot has kept us out of the 8 in the past years. BUT maybe all of this is now being addressed and next year will see us compete.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 10:59 pm

All teams are vulnerable on the edges, just look where the majority of tries are scored against any team. We, however, have been amongst, if not the worst of all but over the last month or so there has been an improvement for us and opposition sides can no longer make the assumption that they'll score simply by going to our edges. We're still not great in this aspect but next year with a higher quality roster we should be as good as most.