willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Benji's brother possible Tigers debutant

Unread post by willow » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:57 am

Benji's brother possible Tigers debutant

Tue 29 Aug, 2017, 5:04pm
Scott Bailey, AAP

Benji Marshall will return to the Wests Tigers next season, but his younger brother's NRL career may burst into action this weekend.

Jeremy Marshall-King has been named on an extended bench for the Tigers' final-round clash with the Warriors on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval.

The talented 22-year-old has been one of the few shining lights for the Tigers reserve grade side this season, which finished last in the NSW Cup.

Marshall-King, who was born in New Zealand but moved to Sydney at age 10 to live with Benji, has been named in the No.19 jersey.

He can play anywhere in the attacking spine and will likely provide cover if lock Elijah Taylor succumbs to a rib injury, given the regular backrower has been named at No.9 and there are no other hooking options.

Regular hooker Matt McIlwrick has been ruled out through suspension.

Meanwhile, Marshall-King could also come onto the bench if halfback Luke Brooks fails to overcome a hamstring injury that ruled him out of last week's loss to North Queensland.

Marshall-King's selection comes a week after Bayley Sironen - son of Tigers legend Paul Sironen - made his debut for the club.

Fraze23
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 3:27 am

I hope he gets a chance. Hard to believe he's only 22. It feels like he's been around forever.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 7:05 am

I would rather JMK get a run then LittleJohn.

Good luck to him if he does get to pull on our great jersey!

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 7:13 am

He was not only a shininglight this season for isp but last I reckon as well. Along with Watson and Justin. Its funny with Justin Hunt that he only appeared once in our jersey, probably deserved more.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:29 am

Think about JMK that I like is he gave footy a good go, did something else for a while, then came back seemingly more hungry and ready to ply his time.

I have utmost respect for footballers that play out their time in reserves and earn themselves a FG spot. It used to always be like that, very few kids straight from President's Cup to First Grade, and you get a better all-around footballer for it. More humble, mentally stronger, more consistent.

Ultimately I doubt JMK has the talent and size to make a good FG career, but I support giving him the chance to do so.

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:05 pm

He's done the hard yards and don't think he'd let anyone down... he's done pretty well in the ISP I've seen him play.
So I actually hope he gets a run, would be a really good sub' for ET.

Return to “Round 26: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”