Departing Woods' final words

upthetigers

Re: Departing Woods' final words

Post by upthetigers » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 11:02 pm

Pretty shocking to hear this from your club's captain. The club clearly needed a big shakeup and that's what's happened. We lacked leadership with Woods but make no mistake about it they are big shoes to fill. I hope the new recruits aim up and we start actually playing like a team the opposition fears.

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 1:31 am

colmcd wrote:
Wed 30 Aug, 2017 10:46 pm
OK this is the three wanting to get their "spin" on the saga out.

But why hasn't Tigers management coached Woods with the media yet?
Maybe they tried but Woods was just too dumb. 'Yeah, nah, don't know about that, I just wanna play footy....'

LCA

Post by LCA » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:33 am

I fear he's in for a tough time at the Dogs, particularly if they punt James Graham. Woods' best chance of impressing at the Dogs is if Graham is there with him to add the class and footy skills that Woods so lacks. A reality check for Woods is way overdue. 2018 could be that year.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:36 am

I would have thought his final words would have been "yeaaaahhhhh ahhhhrgghhhhh it is what it is..."
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:55 am

Issac Moses has taken him from a crowd favourite and a leader to a despised bumbling idiot. I really think it cost him the NSW captaincy. He was the front-runner at the start of the year.

The fact he kept going off at management about media articles that were triggered by his own comments on NRL360 just shows he's either really dumb, or had someone in his ear stroking his ego. The whole "I want to know who the coach will be" was a prime example.

The fact Issac is not on the chopping block shows woodsy's lack of intelligence or public awareness. I truly hope he wises up and gets some better mentors.
Last edited by hammertime on Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:00 am

hammertime wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:55 am
Ayoub has taken him from a crowd favourite and a leader to a despised bumbling idiot. I really think it cost him the NSW captaincy. He was the front-runner at the start of the year.

The fact Ayoub is not on the chopping block shows woodsy's lack of intelligence or public awareness.
Close, but Isaac Moses is the one to aim at.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:00 am

formerguest wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:00 am
hammertime wrote:
Ayoub has taken him from a crowd favourite and a leader to a despised bumbling idiot. I really think it cost him the NSW captaincy. He was the front-runner at the start of the year.

The fact Ayoub is not on the chopping block shows woodsy's lack of intelligence or public awareness.
Close, but Isaac Moses is the one to aim at.
Sorry mate, you're right. Coffee hasn't kicked in. Modified the post

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:09 am

As we know and Woods know he is not the sharpest tool in the shed,and even some of the least talented jurnos can extract a headline out of him, but he has put in over the years and tried to carry a very weak forward pack. Iam sad he going but he is not the first bloke to become stale and in need of a new home.

I think he has made a big mistake in choice of his new home because I think the Dogs are where we were at a few years ago and we all know it takes time to turn things around. Anyway he may have said some silly things but he has shown lots of ticker over the years

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:24 am

As late as last night it was reported Graham does not want to leave and his team mates were adamant he would be staying. It cannot be a happy camp at the Bulldogs.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:34 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:24 am
As late as last night it was reported Graham does not want to leave and his team mates were adamant he would be staying. It cannot be a happy camp at the Bulldogs.
I hope he stays for a couple of reasons.

1. He deserves to stay. A legend at the dog's who always put in.

2. It really stuffs the club salary cap wise and may force them to lose a player they don't want to

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:43 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:34 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:

2. It really stuffs the club salary cap wise and may force them to lose a player they don't want to
I hope he stays because it will put enormous strain on the Dogs cap and they maybe forced to put a player like Jackson on the market,but of course if that was the case The Chooks would find cap space and swoop on him!!!!

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:57 am

supercoach wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:43 am
tiger05premier wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:34 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:

I hope he stays because it will put enormous strain on the Dogs cap and they maybe forced to put a player like Jackson on the market,but of course if that was the case The Chooks would find cap space and swoop on him!!!!
Yes and that would only help Turdesco's quest for a title

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:29 am

hammertime wrote:
Issac Moses has taken him from a crowd favourite and a leader to a despised bumbling idiot. I really think it cost him the NSW captaincy. He was the front-runner at the start of the year.

The fact he kept going off at management about media articles that were triggered by his own comments on NRL360 just shows he's either really dumb, or had someone in his ear stroking his ego. The whole "I want to know who the coach will be" was a prime example.

The fact Issac is not on the chopping block shows woodsy's lack of intelligence or public awareness. I truly hope he wises up and gets some better mentors.
I tend to agree who ever is giving him advice has certainly done him no favours,say nothing thank the club and fans leave at years end happy days .Now bridges been burnt fans having there faces rubbed into it a bad taste in everybody's mouth ..it takes a lot longer for some to mature into respectable adults and in some cases never well done Mr Woods you leave this club with no respect and dignity this is what separates the real champions from the chumps!

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:30 am

I think if the fans carry on like Pork chops on Sunday at Leichhardt over Woods leaving / the way he is leaving - it shows more about them than him.

He is leaving, he has put in 100% since deciding he is going, that counts for something.

If you don't like what he has done - leave at full time, that shows where you stand.

Carrying on and waving stupid banners will lower us down to "the Bulldogs level"

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:39 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:30 am
I think if the fans carry on like Pork chops on Sunday at Leichhardt over Woods leaving / the way he is leaving - it shows more about them than him.

He is leaving, he has put in 100% since deciding he is going, that counts for something.

If you don't like what he has done - leave at full time, that shows where you stand.

Carrying on and waving stupid banners will lower us down to "the Bulldogs level"
Russell, many of your posts remind me of this old song we had to belt out at the Sacred Heart Convent School. A true Tigers faithful club man you are - you will be true to your death.

Bet you never played that song on the radio.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:41 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:30 am

I'm not advocating that people throw eggs at him or something. He at best deserves no special treatment, no ragging on him but no gratitude either. Tedesco neither. These two have treated the club terribly, and Sunday should be a celebration of the rest of the team that has put in, despite the efforts of some to derail our season.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:53 am

Would like to see Matulino undertake a walk of honour. Not many players get the opportunity to simultaneously wave goodbye to their old club and wave hello to their new club.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm

LCA wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:33 am
I fear he's in for a tough time at the Dogs, particularly if they punt James Graham. Woods' best chance of impressing at the Dogs is if Graham is there with him to add the class and footy skills that Woods so lacks. A reality check for Woods is way overdue. 2018 could be that year.
Woods has got plenty of footy skills......no class though.
He is a huge buffoon who puts his foot in his mouth at every turn certainly. However he isn't the first player to admit he has just been going through the motions at his current club, not a good statement to hear from your captain though that is for sure.