So will we be booing or cheering Woods and Tedesco this weekend?

diedpretty

Re: So will we be booing or cheering Woods and Tedesco this weekend?

Post by diedpretty » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:44 pm

I liked what one poster said elsewhere if they did a lap of dishonour he would turn his back on them - i would love to see the whole crowd turn their back on them as they did to Wests Tigers.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:12 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:40 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:35 pm
Surely they wouldn't have the hide to do a lap of whatever at full time.... I would be very disappointed in the club if they did.
Would be the ultimate in hypocrisy imo
Nothing about these guys would surprise me.
The club had to be seen doing the right thing by offering them a farewell, but neither the players or the fans want that crap.
I'd be happy for ivan to dump them from the 17.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:12 pm
I'd be happy for ivan to dump them from the 17.
No. I want to beat the Warriors.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:28 pm

Apathy from me.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:20 pm

So simon, what will you be doing?
Still angry.....booing? Apathetic? Cheering?

I bet you never thought Woodsy would be finishing at the old girl like this

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm

Neither qualifies as a club legend in my book, but like any other player, i would thank them for their service and 5 minutes after fulltime, they arent one of us anymore. And Im cool with that.

There are far better players who have not been honoured with a big deal farewell and so I dont believe these guys deserve one at all.

However, instead of being a club full of housos and spitting on them, drowning them or throwing eggs, why cant we rise above those two and show humility? Clap them off, show them the gate and say seeya. They turned their back on us, 100% and we are condemning them for it. Then we are doing the same? Makes little sense to me.

At full time, Im all for 2018. Weve new players, new coach, new club, we will move on and be far better for it. I want them to leave and wish for every second that they know theyve made a mistake and i want them to live with that forever. That is the punishment for turning their backs. They wont regret it if we act like dogs, but they will regret it if they know we are better than them and they will never be one of us again.

That would be the best revenge of all......
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:35 pm

I'd cheer them, both saw out their contracts and put in for the whole season. I don't boo players soley because they leave the club, happens all the time, will we boo Ava as well? Can you even blame them for leaving? This club is a circus and haven't looked like winning anything for half a decade.

TigerKapa

Post by TigerKapa » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:40 pm

This is going to be the eighty minutes they wear the colours we love. Cheer for them when they do something worth cheering and help them close the year out with a win. Once the siren goes, give them a final farewell cheer/clap. But come Monday morning we can forget about the terrible year we've had thanks to these two clown, Moses, JT, Simona and Lovett. Bring on 2018

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:53 pm

Swordy wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:31 pm
Neither qualifies as a club legend in my book, but like any other player, i would thank them for their service and 5 minutes after fulltime, they arent one of us anymore. And Im cool with that.

There are far better players who have not been honoured with a big deal farewell and so I dont believe these guys deserve one at all.

However, instead of being a club full of housos and spitting on them, drowning them or throwing eggs, why cant we rise above those two and show humility? Clap them off, show them the gate and say seeya. They turned their back on us, 100% and we are condemning them for it. Then we are doing the same? Makes little sense to me.

At full time, Im all for 2018. Weve new players, new coach, new club, we will move on and be far better for it. I want them to leave and wish for every second that they know theyve made a mistake and i want them to live with that forever. That is the punishment for turning their backs. They wont regret it if we act like dogs, but they will regret it if they know we are better than them and they will never be one of us again.

That would be the best revenge of all......
Spot on Swordy, I know each and every fan have the right to react in what ever way they see fit but I would rather take the high road and join you.

At the end of the day we are the Wests Tigers and their choice to not be part of our resurgence is theirs and theirs alone.

When all is said and done at the end of their careers I think they will look back at this period and wish they had made better choices in both how they handled the situation and who they chose to get their advice from.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:04 pm

Please boo them. I'd do it myself but I don't want to watch another game with these selfish pricks in our jersey
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:05 pm

Can see them both hanging around for a bit of back-slapping and goodwill if we have a win....the crowd will be a bit more forgiving and wistful after a victory. If we lose i dont think they will be game enough to run the gauntlet of a farewell lap.
Then again as they have demonstrated repeatedly this season, they are definitely dumb enough to expect everything will be rosy. Neither seem too bright.

Most of our hatred should be directed at Moses, he is the true worm out of the trio. At least Woods and Ted had a go until the end.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:14 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:05 pm
Can see them both hanging around for a bit of back-slapping and goodwill if we have a win....the crowd will be a bit more forgiving and wistful after a victory. If we lose i dont think they will be game enough to run the gauntlet of a farewell lap.
Then again as they have demonstrated repeatedly this season, they are definitely dumb enough to expect everything will be rosy. Neither seem too bright.

Most of our hatred should be directed at Moses, he is the true worm out of the trio. At least Woods and Ted had a go until the end.
Very true. I'm still pissed at the other two though
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:17 pm

They will still be wearing our colours

Chose carefully lads

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:19 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:44 pm
I liked what one poster said elsewhere if they did a lap of dishonour he would turn his back on them - i would love to see the whole crowd turn their back on them as they did to Wests Tigers.
I think you will find thar most of the crowd would clap them both. There's more fairminded people around than bitter and twisted people , amd those of them with kids at the game would probably not like them to grow up with the attitude that some have here .

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:43 pm

Cheer them Sunday, plenty of opportunity to boo them in the future!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:47 pm

Im expecting a few choice comments from the hill.

Especially if they make a mistake or we lose.

It is leichhardt.

stryker

Post by stryker » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:20 pm

Geeze there's some pussies on here LOL...
These clowns are still talking smack about this club in the media, as recently as last week, and you want to politely clap them off the field whilst looking down your noses at those who express their dissatisfaction at the way these guys have acted this year and continue to do so? You make me laugh.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:23 pm

Hopefully when I buy a membership next year, our captain whoever it is will put in at training wholeheartedly and 100%....thats the least I could expect from a professional sportsman, anything less may make me a bit bitter and twisted