So will we be booing or cheering Woods and Tedesco this weekend?

Cultured Bogan

Re: So will we be booing or cheering Woods and Tedesco this weekend?

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:05 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 8:42 am
Im still sad that we are losing these guys. A win will somewhat placate these feelings

In the end if our club did things different over the last few years they wouldn't have chosen to accept offers from rival employers.

In the end is like anyone of us leaving a job.
I've quit to go other places three or four times. I've always behaved with honesty and amicably, I'd never dream of crapping all over the place I work for while I am still there, nor my workmates. I don't even do it when I'm at my new employer.

Their conduct has been pathetic.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:14 am

Cheering... They have served us well on the paddock and by far our 2 best players in 2017!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 10:31 am

I'll be there to cheer on the team but when the full time whistle blows I will simply head for the gates. I won't be part of a celebratory after game event - not because they are leaving but because of the poor way they have disrespected the club, the fans, their team mates and the jersey.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 2:35 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:05 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 8:42 am
Im still sad that we are losing these guys. A win will somewhat placate these feelings

In the end if our club did things different over the last few years they wouldn't have chosen to accept offers from rival employers.

In the end is like anyone of us leaving a job.
I've quit to go other places three or four times. I've always behaved with honesty and amicably, I'd never dream of crapping all over the place I work for while I am still there, nor my workmates. I don't even do it when I'm at my new employer.

Their conduct has been pathetic.
Thats the mark of your character CB. Im the same.

Im just wanting to rid myself on un necessary bitterness.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 4:50 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:19 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:44 pm
I liked what one poster said elsewhere if they did a lap of dishonour he would turn his back on them - i would love to see the whole crowd turn their back on them as they did to Wests Tigers.
I think you will find thar most of the crowd would clap them both. There's more fairminded people around than bitter and twisted people , amd those of them with .kids at the game would probably not like them to grow up with the attitude that some have here .

So they would prefer they grow up with the attitude of Tedesco and Woods.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:28 pm

Can't be bothered booing.

However if anyone besides family and fiends hangs around to clap these 2 off id be disappointed.

Ill be out the door right on full-time.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:42 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 4:50 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
I liked what one poster said elsewhere if they did a lap of dishonour he would turn his back on them - i would love to see the whole crowd turn their back on them as they did to Wests Tigers.
I think you will find thar most of the crowd would clap them both. There's more fairminded people around than bitter and twisted people , amd those of them with .kids at the game would probably not like them to grow up with the attitude that some have here .

I , along with you , don't have all the facts about the happenings in the club. And as I believe that there was probably as much blame with the club as them , in the reasons that they are leaving , and, as yet I haven't seen them making a fool of themselves by booing fans( even the feral ones )) and calling them childish names during and after the games, in front of young kids that still think something of them.
So I don't have a problem with them as long as they are putting in an effort until they've gone.
I don't have any knowledge of them away from the game ( neither has most of us) so I don't know anything about their behaviour, but the behaviour of some of our supporters will be plainly on view for anyone wants to look. And will probably be more childish than any of the kids that may be around.
Never mind, most will probably just think that they are Dogs supporters with WTs jumpers on. :lol:

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:45 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 8:01 am
stryker wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 9:20 pm
Geeze there's some pussies on here LOL...
These clowns are still talking smack about this club in the media, as recently as last week, and you want to politely clap them off the field whilst looking down your noses at those who express their dissatisfaction at the way these guys have acted this year and continue to do so? You make me laugh.
People can do as they please, but I'm not begrudging anyone who chooses to give them both a serve. If I were going I probably would too. They've both represented themselves very poorly this year and deserve nothing in return from the fans.
I'm not going but if I was I would be booing them.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:58 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:42 pm
diedpretty wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:

I , along with you , don't have all the facts about the happenings in the club. And as I believe that there was probably as much blame with the club as them , in the reasons that they are leaving , and, as yet I haven't seen them making a fool of themselves by booing fans( even the feral ones )) and calling them childish names during and after the games, in front of young kids that still think something of them.
So I don't have a problem with them as long as they are putting in an effort until they've gone.
I don't have any knowledge of them away from the game ( neither has most of us) so I don't know anything about their behaviour, but the behaviour of some of our supporters will be plainly on view for anyone wants to look. And will probably be more childish than any of the kids that may be around.
Never mind, most will probably just think that they are Dogs supporters with WTs jumpers on. :lol:
Geeze you've got a hide...the most pessimistic poster in this forum's history is trying to lecture everyone on behaviour. LOL.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm

stryker wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:58 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Geeze you've got a hide...the most pessimistic poster in this forum's history is trying to lecture everyone on behaviour. LOL.
I'm not lecturing any one on behaviour.
You or anyone else can act as feral as you like, some people like that stuff. No one can stop people being idiots , in fact I think you are entitled. Just that it's not the players that will come off as being stupid

westy81

Post by westy81 » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 7:25 pm

IL be booing the traitors, and don't think that we will want either of you back for a swan song at the end of your careers, il be glad if both of them never put on another Tigers jersey
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 8:05 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm
stryker wrote:
Fri 01 Sep, 2017 5:58 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:

I'm not lecturing any one on behaviour.
You or anyone else can act as feral as you like, some people like that stuff. No one can stop people being idiots , in fact I think you are entitled. Just that it's not the players that will come off as being stupid
I wont be there but as long as fans dont physically attack them, theyll come out of the encounter in front. These two fire their shots in the media. This is the fans chance to let them know how much they are disliked for thier actions and words this year.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 9:38 pm

I'll be there cheering for the team. Whilst I'm not pleased with what's happened this year, like most I've been a fan of Teddy and Woods for a few years before this. Happy to give them a hand as they walk off for what they've contributed over the years - some great memories from their playing.
But once they walk up the tunnel for the last time they become just another couple of opposition players who I hope we can belt in '18.
Suffering supporter since 1967

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 8:59 pm

Both really really good WT players....easily in our top 17 of all time.
They made the hard decision to leave but have put in 100% every week, you can't ask for more.....something that dog moses did not do.
Good that Benji & Hodgo are back at the club next year...its important to have some legends around a young club.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 9:40 pm

I couldn't pick those guys in any top 17. Hodgo > Tedesco easily and Woods has been pretty ordinary for us. I'm glad to see them go.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 2:42 pm

So what did they get??

kodamapixel

Post by kodamapixel » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 3:02 pm

During their lap after the game, it seemed most fans have forgiven (if not forgotten). Teddy didn't say a whole lot as he passed us, but Woods stuck around for each and every fan that called out to him -- and he looked pretty teary through the process. I was one of the people with pitchforks out for Woods when it was all hitting the fan early in the season, but it was hard not to feel for him last night.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 3:28 pm

barra wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 2:42 pm
So what did they get??
They got a respectful after match send off, without any fanfare.

I was personally going to just go home at full time, not boo or cheer, but i stayed and i did clap them, in the heat of the moment it seemed the correct thing to do.

On side note, i felt Teddy was happy and content, i think his new life begins today, but i got a different impression from the big guy, i was dirty with him during the break-up but i think i can forgive him if one day he returns, Teddy on the other hand is gone never to return, like Freddy and the Panthers.

Anyway, that was my take on it all, bring on 2018 and i was pretty excited to see Benji in the crowd, love that guy!