Realistic team list round 1 2018

Seantice

Re: Realistic team list round 1 2018

Post by Seantice » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:25 pm

I got to say that I love the depth we have in the forwards.. Last 3-4 years we nearly all agreed on the same side. This year there are arguments for many different sides. Its a nice change.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:29 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:42 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 12:03 pm
HUSH, HUSH

Which half and his coach are at loggerheads over team selections?

This player wants to swap a member of their spine with a rookie as they’ve struck up quite the combination at training but the coach won’t budge.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 66dbfc5028
Who are we thinking? To do with Moses? Robbie? Cleary Junior? Couldn't be a current Tigers player, as Brooks is our half and arguably of our spine he's on the most shaky ground of all.
My thoughts are it is either Ash Taylor, Milford, Foran or Reynolds
The way Grub played the other night I doubt it is him.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:32 pm

Could be Moylan wanting young Flanagan instead of that chump Townsend
Its an opinion!

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:39 pm

James Maloney -wayde egan?

That kid can play.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:59 pm

At this point Thompson edges out MWZ
If Thompson has another good game this weekend against the sharks he will be in the second wing position
He may shift to fullback with Reynolds to Hooker and Tui to half as per the trial
IMO
Same goes for Gamble as a bolter for the bench utility
He looked very Dangerous close to the line on a number of occasions
He got a quick play the ball and we scored on that play
Also scored one himself

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:07 pm

Seantice wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:39 pm
James Maloney -wayde egan?

That kid can play.
Wayde certainly can play he’s from Lithgow and I’ve seen him play before the Panthers are going to use him as NC replacement when he signs with the West’s Tigers.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

Not sure why plenty of people are pushing for Reynolds to be slotted in at DH from time to time- from the reports of the Cowboys game his passing from DH seemed to be quite poor?
Also what is the go with Fonua's fitness with some suggesting he couldn't run out 80 minutes, not a great sign from a potential outside back. Very unprofessional if it isn't injury- related. Disappointing.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:02 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm
Not sure why plenty of people are pushing for Reynolds to be slotted in at DH from time to time- from the reports of the Cowboys game his passing from DH seemed to be quite poor?
Also what is the go with Fonua's fitness with some suggesting he couldn't run out 80 minutes, not a great sign from a potential outside back. Very unprofessional if it isn't injury- related. Disappointing.
Its the way he warmed up before the game
Looked a bit lazy or tierd
If he can get his fitness up he will be a real asset
Reminds me of a bigger version of Matt Utai

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:10 pm

Team List Tuesdays will be interesting again..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:10 pm
I still laugh when I remember the uproar on the forum because Sheens was always late with the team list.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:40 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
I still laugh when I remember the uproar on the forum because Sheens was always late with the team list.

Yeah it became boring now they are all released at the same time by NRL.com

I think Sheens commodore64 is still there in the archives at Concord..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:15 pm

gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:
:lol: Armagedden!
And that was nothing compared to the meltdown AFTER the team was named!
7. Farah

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:30 pm

Tbone wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:04 pm
We can't run out with 4 forwards on the bench. We need a utility to cover injuries in 1-7.

Marshall is the obvious choice, which would allow Reynolds to fill in at hooker when required. McIllwrick isn't an 80 minute player. It's not perfect but I think this is what will happen.
Spot on.
Marshall will be 14 all year. If Liddle starts to replace McWrilwik and eventually is demanding 80mins Marshall will still be able to come into the game as Liddle or Reynolds could play lock for a stint. That’s how I see the year playing out. There’s definitely options for a bench utility this year.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:37 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 9:15 pm
gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:
:lol: Armagedden!
And that was nothing compared to the meltdown AFTER the team was named!
7. Farah
That's why it was always late. Sheen's was always meddling with the positions. I'd probably do the same.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:34 pm

gallagher wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Farah 9-7
moltzen 7-1
lawrence 3-6
Joel reddy resdrve grade -3

that would just be the start haha. It was like musical chairs 😂

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:07 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:19 pm
formerguest wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:00 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:26 pm
Seantice wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm

Whats with this fascination of naiqama at centre? If he gets put in the centres in front of milne and marsters I will be spewing. He can play wing or a backup fullback. Thats it.

Good post. Someone had to say it.
Per my reply to Seantice above, ask the coach.

More to the point, where is all the fascination for Gamble coming from. I thought he went well the other night, but has a way to go to force his way in.

I always thought the purpose of a trial was to help the coach make up his mind. Its a way to try out some things.

That said i thought it pretty obvious Milne and Marsters were the preferred centre combination.

I wouldnt expect you to see the point of Gamble if you honestly think Naiqama is one of our best players.
Would be a good idea to read my post that you originally quoted again and you may see that my post was an observation of the options that our coach was trying out in the trial. You will also not find any sign of me beating Kev's drum, nor stating he is one of our best centres, let alone one of our best players.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:23 pm

Seantice wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm
formerguest wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:54 pm
Seantice wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm
formerguest wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 2:23 pm

Seeing Esan was played on both sides the other night, it certainly looks that one spot is his, with the combination with wingers being considered. Unless Taane puts in a performance that demands selection, I also think Kev may well get first shot with MWZ on the left.
Whats with this fascination of naiqama at centre? If he gets put in the centres in front of milne and marsters I will be spewing. He can play wing or a backup fullback. Thats it.
May be better to ask the coach, as he is the one who had Kev playing at left center in Cairns a couple of nights ago.
He also put grant and felise as front rowers. So i assume packer and matulino in reserves? Trialing positions fair enough. Naiqama is a great team player who has showed he has skill at wing and fullback through the world cup . However centre is not his position. Last year he had a lot of issues at centre. Granted it was alot to do with our structures and lazy inside defenders. However ifa centre isnt fast, then they shouod be big and strong with sufficent skill. He has skill but but lacks pace or size. Can you imagine a lawtence/naiqama pairing out there? opposition attack would be licking there lips..
Not that I am advocating it, but pretty sure that the Chris and Kev combination on the left was part of the positive (22? odd) for and against team effort from about when they were united for the latter part of the season. Together with some defensive stats shown on here over the off season, it would appear that there were a few dry lips amongst the opposition when they were together in 2017.

Also reasonably sure that all four of the front row options that did not play in Cairns were rested because of niggles.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:28 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:23 pm
Why is everyone prepared to play people out of their best positions to accommodate players that probably are not as good as them in t he first place.

E.g. Lolo to centre (which he isn't) so Gamble can play Full back?

Reynolds to DH (which he isn't) so Gamble can play 5/8.

Brooks to DH (which he isn't) so Gamble can play half (which he isn't).

What Gamble needs to do is get it together in ISP - if he does (meanwhile we see what the NRL guys are doing) then look at who he replaces if they are not going well.

What is the rush (on one lousy trial against an uncommitted Cowboys)?
Cleary won't throw Gamble into the team until round 6 or 7 unless there's an injury..we have a very tough early draw he'll give him a little bit of time to settle in, however...You get the feeling Gamble has a bit of class that 40/20 that missed by inches was near genius he will cement himself into a first grade team sooner or later.. I just hope we don't lose him like we lost Blake Austin and Tea Martin both of these guys were better than Moses and Brooks and we made a huge mistake letting them go..Brooks has 7 rounds to stop making the mistakes he has been consistently making on tackle 5..if he can't Cleary should drop him end of story.