Realistic team list round 1 2018

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27116
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Re: Realistic team list round 1 2018

Post by Geo. » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:31 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:08 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:18 pm
Liddle next to no chance of being fit for Round 1

Lolohea starts at 1..Lawrence for McQueen in the back row...Taylor starts at hooker Eisenhuth at lock Twal at Prop with Matulino coming off the Bench (Nelson convinced me

Bench of Grant Matulino Sue McIlwrick

I what I think..
So if we’ve signed Barba , he wouldn’t get a run in your 1st 17 (If everyone is fit)?
Personally I’d have a super-sub. I think we have the forwards for it. Eisenhuth and Twal both play long mins. and Marsters could help out in the backrow(if needed ) if a SuperSub came on. It would be out of Marshal and Barba for the super sub position .
So id drop Grant or Sue for a Super-sub.
Sign Who..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...


rottie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by rottie » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:18 pm
Liddle next to no chance of being fit for Round 1

Lolohea starts at 1..Lawrence for McQueen in the back row...Taylor starts at hooker Eisenhuth at lock Twal at Prop with Matulino coming off the Bench (Nelson convinced me)

Bench of Grant Matulino Sue McIlwrick

I what I think..
That's a shame about Liddle, any idea when we could expect him back?

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2889
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:33 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:08 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:18 pm
Liddle next to no chance of being fit for Round 1

Lolohea starts at 1..Lawrence for McQueen in the back row...Taylor starts at hooker Eisenhuth at lock Twal at Prop with Matulino coming off the Bench (Nelson convinced me)

Bench of Grant Matulino Sue McIlwrick

I what I think..
So if we’ve signed Barba , he wouldn’t get a run in your 1st 17 (If everyone is fit)?
Personally I’d have a super-sub. I think we have the forwards for it. Eisenhuth and Twal both play long mins. and Marsters could help out in the backrow(if needed ) if a SuperSub came on. It would be out of Marshal and Barba for the super sub position .
So id drop Grant or Sue for a Super-sub.
If we did happen to sign Barba for this season at this stage I would have to assume there had been some concerns about Lolohea's performance at fullback during the pre-season, otherwise why move now on it? Barba is purely a fullback and not someone we'd sign as depth.

If Lolohea isn't playing fullback I'd put him at centre in place of Marsters who I would move to the bench. I don't think we can afford to leave such a talented player as Lolohea out of our back line and he can't be on the wing in attack, he needs to be infield where he has the space to use his step and where he can utilise his passing game. If he looks frail in defence at centre (having not trained there) then he can switch up with the winger in defence (assuming the winger would be Naiqama or Fonua, both of whom have played centre).

All hypotheticals at this stage though...

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:01 am

Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:15 pm
If your going to go with that.
You would have grant to start alongside Packer and bring Twal on with Matolino.

Lawrence is soo beaten on this website it ain’t funny. I watched the Rabbitohs tigers game round 1 last year the other night.
Lawrence took his first hit up and made 6 - 8 meters pretty much getting stopped in his tracks.
Next hit up same thing.
Next hit up gets 10meters about 4 of those post contact.
Next hit up gets the same distance possibly twelve, breaks a tackle and half breaks the line.
Next hit up same thing.
You can’t knock that determination and despite some people thinking he doesn’t have the frame for the position he proves that he is fitter and lighter on his feet as the game goes on.
From the first hit up to the last it is still 100miles an hour.
Rabbitohs made a break, Walker I think it was, the ball went out wide then back into Sam, the player running back putting pressure and cleaning up the lose ball was Lawrence.
A fit Lawrence is a valuable asset and if his capable of punching 80mins at 100miles an hour his a starter and my pick of Captain every day of the week.
I saw a few of those games & agree. Him and the outside backs doing the dirty work taking early hit ups from our own end while the powderpuff captain either waddled back to an onside position, or watched on mentally providing encouragement. His effort was huge, but I do not think he can do that for 80 mins. He either needs more support, or a breather on the bench.

One of the downsides of ET is that while his is excellent defensively, his attack is more based on skill and ball playing & he does not add to the go forward of the team.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:03 am

I hope the Barba rumour (the one about signing him, not the one about us not being interested) is not true. If it is and he plays fullback, I can see Tui putting big pressure on Broooks. Tui as an outside back is an absolute waste of his talent.


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3676
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:12 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:31 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:08 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:18 pm
Liddle next to no chance of being fit for Round 1

Lolohea starts at 1..Lawrence for McQueen in the back row...Taylor starts at hooker Eisenhuth at lock Twal at Prop with Matulino coming off the Bench (Nelson convinced me

Bench of Grant Matulino Sue McIlwrick

I what I think..
So if we’ve signed Barba , he wouldn’t get a run in your 1st 17 (If everyone is fit)?
Personally I’d have a super-sub. I think we have the forwards for it. Eisenhuth and Twal both play long mins. and Marsters could help out in the backrow(if needed ) if a SuperSub came on. It would be out of Marshal and Barba for the super sub position .
So id drop Grant or Sue for a Super-sub.
Sign Who..?
Who indeed.
I think I wrote that about 10 mins before all "Who knows who" broke loose on the other thread.
Anywho, I'd still find a place for an attacking threat off the bench.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:01 am

Harvey wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:01 am
Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:15 pm
If your going to go with that.
You would have grant to start alongside Packer and bring Twal on with Matolino.

Lawrence is soo beaten on this website it ain’t funny. I watched the Rabbitohs tigers game round 1 last year the other night.
Lawrence took his first hit up and made 6 - 8 meters pretty much getting stopped in his tracks.
Next hit up same thing.
Next hit up gets 10meters about 4 of those post contact.
Next hit up gets the same distance possibly twelve, breaks a tackle and half breaks the line.
Next hit up same thing.
You can’t knock that determination and despite some people thinking he doesn’t have the frame for the position he proves that he is fitter and lighter on his feet as the game goes on.
From the first hit up to the last it is still 100miles an hour.
Rabbitohs made a break, Walker I think it was, the ball went out wide then back into Sam, the player running back putting pressure and cleaning up the lose ball was Lawrence.
A fit Lawrence is a valuable asset and if his capable of punching 80mins at 100miles an hour his a starter and my pick of Captain every day of the week.
I saw a few of those games & agree. Him and the outside backs doing the dirty work taking early hit ups from our own end while the powderpuff captain either waddled back to an onside position, or watched on mentally providing encouragement. His effort was huge, but I do not think he can do that for 80 mins. He either needs more support, or a breather on the bench.

One of the downsides of ET is that while his is excellent defensively, his attack is more based on skill and ball playing & he does not add to the go forward of the team.
The other thing I’ve noticed is we’ve got to be the only team that doesn’t move their halves around in defence so often we saw Brooks or Moses / Tui isolated with a backrower however our backrowers are always tackled by backrowers or centres.
I believe this improved with Clearys defencive changes but I’m still watching the earlier games.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2399
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:14 am

Harvey wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:03 am
I hope the Barba rumour (the one about signing him, not the one about us not being interested) is not true. If it is and he plays fullback, I can see Tui putting big pressure on Broooks. Tui as an outside back is an absolute waste of his talent.
There's a couple of people on here (THE POM, Willow) who've said that Pascoe himself denied the rumour so, I think we'll be alright. Really wasn't looking forward to having Barba in the team so I'm pretty happy with that one.
President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2229
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 11:19 am

Spot on Needaname, Lawrence never stops. Also Liddle out until Round 3 or 4.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm

Ok I’ve seen enough games to put forward my best squad for us going forwards. A couple of surprises but this will provide the most experiene / momentum for us for all moments of the game.
We didn’t recruit such a deep squad to have similar players fitting into the same team and so there will be some omissions.

Each position 1st choice and back up choice.
The / is either person plays there is no preference.

1. Tui, Thompson
2. Nofo, Fonua
3. Marsters / Milne, Fonua
4. Milne, Niaguma
5. Fonua, MWZ
6. Reynolds, Marshall
7. Brooks, Marshall
8. Packer, Sue
9. Liddle / Killer
10. Eisenhuth / Twal, Grant
11. Mc Queen / AIoli
12. Lawernce / McQueen, CheeKam / Roco
13. ET, Eisenhuth / Twal
14. Marshall, Godinet
15. Twal / Eisenhuth, Roco
16. Matolino, Grant
17. Sue, AIoli

My thinking is that Eisenhuth and Twal are our work rate players and are best to complement our impact players in Packer and Matolino.
Eiso and Twal can swap but I think Eiso has the frame to handle first contact.
I would have The two starters rotate with Twal and Mats into the front row.
Sue or would be my pick to go into lock when Taylor goes into Hooker for a spell, unless Marshall is training at hooker otherwise his injury cover / X factor.

Guys likely to miss out on my round 1 team.
1 of Lawernce or Aloli.
Naiguama
Grant.
1 of Sue or Aloli.
1 of Liddle or Killer ( if Liddle is confirmed Fit )

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 7:13 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm
Ok I’ve seen enough games to put forward my best squad for us going forwards. A couple of surprises but this will provide the most experiene / momentum for us for all moments of the game.
We didn’t recruit such a deep squad to have similar players fitting into the same team and so there will be some omissions.

Each position 1st choice and back up choice.
The / is either person plays there is no preference.

1. Tui, Thompson
2. Nofo, Fonua
3. Marsters / Milne, Fonua
4. Milne, Niaguma
5. Fonua, MWZ
6. Reynolds, Marshall
7. Brooks, Marshall
8. Packer, Sue
9. Liddle / Killer
10. Eisenhuth / Twal, Grant
11. Mc Queen / AIoli
12. Lawernce / McQueen, CheeKam / Roco
13. ET, Eisenhuth / Twal
14. Marshall, Godinet
15. Twal / Eisenhuth, Roco
16. Matolino, Grant
17. Sue, AIoli

My thinking is that Eisenhuth and Twal are our work rate players and are best to complement our impact players in Packer and Matolino.
Eiso and Twal can swap but I think Eiso has the frame to handle first contact.
I would have The two starters rotate with Twal and Mats into the front row.
Sue or would be my pick to go into lock when Taylor goes into Hooker for a spell, unless Marshall is training at hooker otherwise his injury cover / X factor.

Guys likely to miss out on my round 1 team.
1 of Lawernce or Aloli.
Naiguama
Grant.
1 of Sue or Aloli.
1 of Liddle or Killer ( if Liddle is confirmed Fit )
Eisenhuth should be our lock. He proved himself last year. Et on one edge with mcqueen or lawrence on the other. Rather amatulino starting honestly.

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 7:19 pm

<r><QUOTE author="Needaname" post_id="888981" time="1518243669" user_id="7470"><s>
Needaname wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm
</s>
Ok I’ve seen enough games to put forward my best squad for us going forwards. A couple of surprises but this will provide the most experiene / momentum for us for all moments of the game.<br/>
We didn’t recruit such a deep squad to have similar players fitting into the same team and so there will be some omissions.<br/>
<br/>
Each position 1st choice and back up choice.<br/>
The / is either person plays there is no preference.<br/>
<br/>
1. Tui, Thompson<br/>
2. Nofo, Fonua<br/>
3. Marsters / Milne, Fonua<br/>
4. Milne, Niaguma<br/>
5. Fonua, MWZ<br/>
6. Reynolds, Marshall<br/>
7. Brooks, Marshall<br/>
8. Packer, Sue<br/>
9. Liddle / Killer<br/>
10. Eisenhuth / Twal, Grant<br/>
11. Mc Queen / AIoli<br/>
12. Lawernce / McQueen, CheeKam / Roco<br/>
13. ET, Eisenhuth / Twal<br/>
14. Marshall, Godinet<br/>
15. Twal / Eisenhuth, Roco<br/>
16. Matolino, Grant<br/>
17. Sue, AIoli<br/>
<br/>
My thinking is that Eisenhuth and Twal are our work rate players and are best to complement our impact players in Packer and Matolino.<br/>
Eiso and Twal can swap but I think Eiso has the frame to handle first contact.<br/>
I would have The two starters rotate with Twal and Mats into the front row.<br/>
Sue or would be my pick to go into lock when Taylor goes into Hooker for a spell, unless Marshall is training at hooker otherwise his injury cover / X factor.<br/>
<br/>
Guys likely to miss out on my round 1 team.<br/>
1 of Lawernce or Aloli.<br/>
Naiguama<br/>
Grant.<br/>
1 of Sue or Aloli.<br/>
1 of Liddle or Killer ( if Liddle is confirmed Fit )
<e>
</e></QUOTE>
Ok I'll put my team forward<br/>
1 Tui <br/>
2 Nofo<br/>
3 Masters<br/>
4 Milne<br/>
5 Fonua (Mayhem)<br/>
6 Renolds<br/>
7 Brooks<br/>
8 Packer<br/>
9 Taylor<br/>
10 Matalino<br/>
11 Aloli<br/>
12 McQueen<br/>
13 Eisenhuth<br/>
14 Twal<br/>
15 Grant<br/>
16 sue<br/>
17 Liddle if fit or Mclwrick</r>

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 8:44 pm

What tha

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:27 am

Seantice wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 7:13 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm
Ok I’ve seen enough games to put forward my best squad for us going forwards. A couple of surprises but this will provide the most experiene / momentum for us for all moments of the game.
We didn’t recruit such a deep squad to have similar players fitting into the same team and so there will be some omissions.

Each position 1st choice and back up choice.
The / is either person plays there is no preference.

1. Tui, Thompson
2. Nofo, Fonua
3. Marsters / Milne, Fonua
4. Milne, Niaguma
5. Fonua, MWZ
6. Reynolds, Marshall
7. Brooks, Marshall
8. Packer, Sue
9. Liddle / Killer
10. Eisenhuth / Twal, Grant
11. Mc Queen / AIoli
12. Lawernce / McQueen, CheeKam / Roco
13. ET, Eisenhuth / Twal
14. Marshall, Godinet
15. Twal / Eisenhuth, Roco
16. Matolino, Grant
17. Sue, AIoli

My thinking is that Eisenhuth and Twal are our work rate players and are best to complement our impact players in Packer and Matolino.
Eiso and Twal can swap but I think Eiso has the frame to handle first contact.
I would have The two starters rotate with Twal and Mats into the front row.
Sue or would be my pick to go into lock when Taylor goes into Hooker for a spell, unless Marshall is training at hooker otherwise his injury cover / X factor.

Guys likely to miss out on my round 1 team.
1 of Lawernce or Aloli.
Naiguama
Grant.
1 of Sue or Aloli.
1 of Liddle or Killer ( if Liddle is confirmed Fit )
Eisenhuth should be our lock. He proved himself last year. Et on one edge with mcqueen or lawrence on the other. Rather amatulino starting honestly.
Each to their own however what I saw from those games is Eisenhuth is basically a prop playing at lock.
He has a great work rate and makes decent hit ups around the middle.
His put on more size this off season so he would handle prop.
ET’s best position is lock not on an edge.
ET is our clean up man and also our best player to control the ruck speed.
He can only do this when involved in the middle of the game.
On the edge you lose the threat of a strong ball runner.
This leaves the right edge for Alioi or McQueen or even Roco whom no one seems to be considering, considering Lawernce gets picked on the left.
I could consider Packer and Mats starting together with Eiso and Twal playing as our props through the middle of the game. But then you’d require a Sue type to come in at lock during that time as you’ve lost the punch the props provide. Could work and will most likely be the combination we start with, with one Chris used on the edges with Alioi the other and a Toss between Marshall and the other Chris for the last Bench spot.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3676
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:04 am

Needaname wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:27 am
Seantice wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 7:13 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm
Ok I’ve seen enough games to put forward my best squad for us going forwards. A couple of surprises but this will provide the most experiene / momentum for us for all moments of the game.
We didn’t recruit such a deep squad to have similar players fitting into the same team and so there will be some omissions.

Each position 1st choice and back up choice.
The / is either person plays there is no preference.

1. Tui, Thompson
2. Nofo, Fonua
3. Marsters / Milne, Fonua
4. Milne, Niaguma
5. Fonua, MWZ
6. Reynolds, Marshall
7. Brooks, Marshall
8. Packer, Sue
9. Liddle / Killer
10. Eisenhuth / Twal, Grant
11. Mc Queen / AIoli
12. Lawernce / McQueen, CheeKam / Roco
13. ET, Eisenhuth / Twal
14. Marshall, Godinet
15. Twal / Eisenhuth, Roco
16. Matolino, Grant
17. Sue, AIoli

My thinking is that Eisenhuth and Twal are our work rate players and are best to complement our impact players in Packer and Matolino.
Eiso and Twal can swap but I think Eiso has the frame to handle first contact.
I would have The two starters rotate with Twal and Mats into the front row.
Sue or would be my pick to go into lock when Taylor goes into Hooker for a spell, unless Marshall is training at hooker otherwise his injury cover / X factor.

Guys likely to miss out on my round 1 team.
1 of Lawernce or Aloli.
Naiguama
Grant.
1 of Sue or Aloli.
1 of Liddle or Killer ( if Liddle is confirmed Fit )
Eisenhuth should be our lock. He proved himself last year. Et on one edge with mcqueen or lawrence on the other. Rather amatulino starting honestly.
Each to their own however what I saw from those games is Eisenhuth is basically a prop playing at lock.
He has a great work rate and makes decent hit ups around the middle.
His put on more size this off season so he would handle prop.
ET’s best position is lock not on an edge.
ET is our clean up man and also our best player to control the ruck speed.
He can only do this when involved in the middle of the game.
On the edge you lose the threat of a strong ball runner.
This leaves the right edge for Alioi or McQueen or even Roco whom no one seems to be considering, considering Lawernce gets picked on the left.
I could consider Packer and Mats starting together with Eiso and Twal playing as our props through the middle of the game. But then you’d require a Sue type to come in at lock during that time as you’ve lost the punch the props provide. Could work and will most likely be the combination we start with, with one Chris used on the edges with Alioi the other and a Toss between Marshall and the other Chris for the last Bench spot.
We don't get the go forward meters by playing ET at lock. When Eisenhuth went to lock we seemed to have more mins in the opposition quarter. I'm not sure on what the meters gained difference between Eisenhuth and ET are from the lock position but I'd be betting it's well in Eisenhuth favour.
Our on field forward pack suddenly he some size about it when Eisenhuth started playing long minutes from lock and I don't think we lost anything in defence by playing him there.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31831
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:28 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:04 am
Needaname wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:27 am
Seantice wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 7:13 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm
Ok I’ve seen enough games to put forward my best squad for us going forwards. A couple of surprises but this will provide the most experiene / momentum for us for all moments of the game.
We didn’t recruit such a deep squad to have similar players fitting into the same team and so there will be some omissions.

Each position 1st choice and back up choice.
The / is either person plays there is no preference.

1. Tui, Thompson
2. Nofo, Fonua
3. Marsters / Milne, Fonua
4. Milne, Niaguma
5. Fonua, MWZ
6. Reynolds, Marshall
7. Brooks, Marshall
8. Packer, Sue
9. Liddle / Killer
10. Eisenhuth / Twal, Grant
11. Mc Queen / AIoli
12. Lawernce / McQueen, CheeKam / Roco
13. ET, Eisenhuth / Twal
14. Marshall, Godinet
15. Twal / Eisenhuth, Roco
16. Matolino, Grant
17. Sue, AIoli

My thinking is that Eisenhuth and Twal are our work rate players and are best to complement our impact players in Packer and Matolino.
Eiso and Twal can swap but I think Eiso has the frame to handle first contact.
I would have The two starters rotate with Twal and Mats into the front row.
Sue or would be my pick to go into lock when Taylor goes into Hooker for a spell, unless Marshall is training at hooker otherwise his injury cover / X factor.

Guys likely to miss out on my round 1 team.
1 of Lawernce or Aloli.
Naiguama
Grant.
1 of Sue or Aloli.
1 of Liddle or Killer ( if Liddle is confirmed Fit )
Eisenhuth should be our lock. He proved himself last year. Et on one edge with mcqueen or lawrence on the other. Rather amatulino starting honestly.
Each to their own however what I saw from those games is Eisenhuth is basically a prop playing at lock.
He has a great work rate and makes decent hit ups around the middle.
His put on more size this off season so he would handle prop.
ET’s best position is lock not on an edge.
ET is our clean up man and also our best player to control the ruck speed.
He can only do this when involved in the middle of the game.
On the edge you lose the threat of a strong ball runner.
This leaves the right edge for Alioi or McQueen or even Roco whom no one seems to be considering, considering Lawernce gets picked on the left.
I could consider Packer and Mats starting together with Eiso and Twal playing as our props through the middle of the game. But then you’d require a Sue type to come in at lock during that time as you’ve lost the punch the props provide. Could work and will most likely be the combination we start with, with one Chris used on the edges with Alioi the other and a Toss between Marshall and the other Chris for the last Bench spot.
We don't get the go forward meters by playing ET at lock. When Eisenhuth went to lock we seemed to have more mins in the opposition quarter. I'm not sure on what the meters gained difference between Eisenhuth and ET are from the lock position but I'd be betting it's well in Eisenhuth favour.
Our on field forward pack suddenly he some size about it when Eisenhuth started playing long minutes from lock and I don't think we lost anything in defence by playing him there.
So to compare 2017 between the two players:

Taylor played 21 matches, made 891 tackles with an efficiency rating of 89.1%. In attack he averaged 6.2 hitups, averaged 56.3 metres per game, made 13 tackle breaks, and made 400 post contact metres.

Eiso on the other hand played 11 matches, made 393 tackles with an efficiency rating of 90.8%. In attack he averaged 12 hitups, averaged 120.3 metres per game, made 4 tackle breaks and made 497 post contact metres.

In terms of defence, they're close. In attack, Eiso is more effective by a country mile. With Liddle still recovering from shoulder surgery, it's a no brainer to start Taylor at 9 and Eiso has shown himself to be a more effective 13 IMO. He can make 40 tackles a game and still average 120 metres in attack. It gives our pack some extra size too.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:35 am

But removes the option of the dummy half taking off and making metres off the back of the momentum our new forwards generate. Opposition teams would be able to clock off around the ruck and focus their markers on close forwards.

I think he will definately play some minutes their, but not because it is the best option, but because of the lack of depth at dummy half. If McIllwrick goes down in the early rounds, god help us. We may even need to resort to Godinet.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:37 am

Interesting.
So Esentially what I'm getting from this is ET our once most valuable forward is destined to end up as our first choice forward utility alla Lewis Brown...
I guess you could move him to the edge after hooker but I would prefer the edge to be filled by either McQueen, Alioi, Rocco or Lawernce.
Anyone willing to through up the stats of Taylors output and the guys above when playing on an edge?

Post Reply