Realistic team list round 1 2018

Pawsandclaws

Re: Realistic team list round 1 2018

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 8:56 pm

wt01 wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 2:20 pm
TYGA wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 1:41 pm
We have a lot of depth but lack star quality and athleticism.

NRL: 1.Tui 2. Nofa 3. Suli 4. Milne 5. Fonua 6. Reynolds 7. Brooks 8. Matulino 9. Liddle 10. Packer 11. McQueen 12. Aloai 13. ET 14. Marsters 15. Huth 16. Twal 17. Marshall

ISP: 1. Kev 2. Thompson 3. Tali 4. MCK 5. MWZ 6. Gamble 7. Goodinet 8. Grant 9. Mcilwrick 10. Sue 11. Lawrence 12. Siro 13. Rochow 14. Mikalale 15. Felise 16.Mcintyre 17. Heleta

I can’t see room for Sue and Lawrence based on last years form.
:o no way would it be masters and marshall on the NRL bench!!..+ only one decent prop in twal!!?? :?
Marsters did more than enough to prove centre is his position to lose plus he has apparently trimmed down which should make him sharper.. He must start otherwise another club will come calling. MWZ also did more than enough to start as one of our winger. Fonua needs to work hard on fitness, trimming down and mobility.

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 10:05 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 03 Jan, 2018 5:52 pm
I would not discount Rochow. Would not surprise me if he gets a few games this year.
Maybe off the bench. As he can play front row or back row. Not sure if he can still play wider these days?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

wt01

Unread post by wt01 » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 10:12 pm

rochows gd depth i reckon....honestly cant see him winning a bench spot
Marshall Magix

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 6:54 am

Earl wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:01 am
MWZ is also a good player and he can catch the high ball well. He could easily take a wing spot. Chee-Kam is another guy missing out and he could easily slot into a back row position.

Surely we are going to have a good reserve team.

It'll be interesting to see how we perform next year because we don't appear to have the top level class players but we have so much depth. If we get on a roll at some point we could have a good season because hopefully if we get an injury or a player loses form and is dropped the team doesn't have a big drop off.

I also think our class players haven't been good at winning us games. We may improve a lot but we could go just the same or bomb out.

Whaaaat..Earl ....we may improve a lot go the same or bomb out.. :? .hope those splinters aren't too painful...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 8:02 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 6:54 am
Earl wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:01 am
MWZ is also a good player and he can catch the high ball well. He could easily take a wing spot. Chee-Kam is another guy missing out and he could easily slot into a back row position.

Surely we are going to have a good reserve team.

It'll be interesting to see how we perform next year because we don't appear to have the top level class players but we have so much depth. If we get on a roll at some point we could have a good season because hopefully if we get an injury or a player loses form and is dropped the team doesn't have a big drop off.

I also think our class players haven't been good at winning us games. We may improve a lot but we could go just the same or bomb out.

Whaaaat..Earl ....we may improve a lot go the same or bomb out.. :? .hope those splinters aren't too painful...
I just think we have a very different team with no real stars so we are really hard to pick in relation to how we will perform. It could also take some time to get it together.

I think we now have a good coach and management team though so I'm more confident we can improve over the next couple of years.

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:56 am

Seantice wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 6:57 pm
We cabt have Mcqueen,Lawrence and ET in the starting pack. Each of them only averages 60 metres or so a game. Eisenhuth was making 130 metres a game last year. He has to be Lock.
Stop making sense...

Personally if Cleary is serious and wants to make the Top 8 he cant pick anyone on tenure. Each player must be chosen on his desired outcome for that positional function/role. Without knowing what Ivan expects from each function, its virtually impossible to guess what the team will look like.

I'd say we can lock in the following, and thats about all for now:

1. Tui
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Matulino or Packer
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 3:24 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:56 am
Seantice wrote:
We cabt have Mcqueen,Lawrence and ET in the starting pack. Each of them only averages 60 metres or so a game. Eisenhuth was making 130 metres a game last year. He has to be Lock.
Stop making sense...

Personally if Cleary is serious and wants to make the Top 8 he cant pick anyone on tenure. Each player must be chosen on his desired outcome for that positional function/role. Without knowing what Ivan expects from each function, its virtually impossible to guess what the team will look like.

1. Tui
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Matulino or Packer
Function/role..what the..it's Rugby League for goodness sake..here is an idea..run harder than the opposition tackle harder than the opposition score more points than you let in against the opposition..

It's a simple game...all this role function blaaaaaaaaaah.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 3:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 3:24 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:56 am
Seantice wrote:
Stop making sense...

1. Tui
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Matulino or Packer
Function/role..what the..it's Rugby League for goodness sake..here is an idea..run harder than the opposition tackle harder than the opposition score more points than you let in against the opposition..

It's a simple game...all this role function blaaaaaaaaaah.....
make sure your driving on right over there mate :lol:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

bp tiger

Unread post by bp tiger » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 4:58 pm

gee i hope we can sign another backrower before the start of the season. think we could do with a top class signing before we kick off.

TYGA

Unread post by TYGA » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 03 Jan, 2018 8:56 pm
wt01 wrote:
TYGA wrote:

NRL: 1.Tui 2. Nofa 3. Suli 4. Milne 5. Fonua 6. Reynolds 7. Brooks 8. Matulino 9. Liddle 10. Packer 11. McQueen 12. Aloai 13. ET 14. Marsters 15. Huth 16. Twal 17. Marshall

ISP: 1. Kev 2. Thompson 3. Tali 4. MCK 5. MWZ 6. Gamble 7. Goodinet 8. Grant 9. Mcilwrick 10. Sue 11. Lawrence 12. Siro 13. Rochow 14. Mikalale 15. Felise 16.Mcintyre 17. Heleta

:o no way would it be masters and marshall on the NRL bench!!..+ only one decent prop in twal!!?? :?
Marsters did more than enough to prove centre is his position to lose plus he has apparently trimmed down which should make him sharper.. He must start otherwise another club will come calling. MWZ also did more than enough to start as one of our winger. Fonua needs to work hard on fitness, trimming down and mobility.
Will be interesting Suli, Milne, Marsters all have good potential. I have all 3 in my side but due to Marsters being so powerful outwide I have him replacing Aloai on an edge. Would not be surprised to see Marsters and Milne in the centres with Nofa and Suli on the wings albeit we will lack pace.

wt01

Unread post by wt01 » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:06 pm

TYGA wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
wt01 wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Will be interesting Suli, Milne, Marsters all have good potential. I have all 3 in my side but due to Marsters being so powerful outwide I have him replacing Aloai on an edge. Would not be surprised to see Marsters and Milne in the centres with Nofa and Suli on the wings albeit we will lack pace.
u reckon masters will be playin 2nd row :?: i thought he slimmed up in the off season....and cant see him losing a centre spot :?
Marshall Magix

wt01

Unread post by wt01 » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 12:26 pm

1. Tui (excellent fullback)
2. Nofo (our best winger)
3. Masters (fitter over the off season)
4. Suli (strong centre if injury free)
5. MWZ (possibly our fastest winger)
6. Josh (pick themselves)
7. Brooks (pick themselves)
8. Packer (pick themselves)
9. Liddle (great attacking hooker)
10. Mats (pick themselves)
11. Mcqueen (great hole runner)
12. Taylor (defensive Machine)
13. Huth (excellent metres and great defence)

14. Marshall (X-factor, and injury cover for all backs)
15. Twal (workhorse prop, capable of big minutes)
16. Sue (great impact)
17. aloiai (can cover middle or edge)

my team :) and reasons for selection
Marshall Magix

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 3:36 pm

wt01 wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 12:26 pm
1. Tui (excellent fullback)
2. Nofo (our best winger)
3. Masters (fitter over the off season)
4. Suli (strong centre if injury free)
5. MWZ (possibly our fastest winger)
6. Josh (pick themselves)
7. Brooks (pick themselves)
8. Packer (pick themselves)
9. Liddle (great attacking hooker)
10. Mats (pick themselves)
11. Mcqueen (great hole runner)
12. Taylor (defensive Machine)
13. Huth (excellent metres and great defence)

14. Marshall (X-factor, and injury cover for all backs)
15. Twal (workhorse prop, capable of big minutes)
16. Sue (great impact)
17. aloiai (can cover middle or edge)

my team :) and reasons for selection
This is a good team. Lawrence, Fonua, Milne & Grant all missing out show how much depth we have. That bench has impact as well.

There are some concerns though. How will our spine function. They all have potential but they all have to really pick up their games. I was worried about our backrow but now I'm not really that concerned. Taylor might be a small slowish backrower but he runs good lines, his defence is really good and he is a smart footy player. Lawrence or McQueen both run good lines and have some pace for backrowers.

We need a couple of players to really step up. Aloiai and Sue off the bench for instance could add some impact up the middle for us. Tui is a great runner of the footy and has a decent passing game and could be an x factor. Brooks has all the attributes to be a game winner. Our outside backs including players not picked like Fonua and Milne should provide us with a bunch of options.

TYGA

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 3:47 pm

wt01 wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:06 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
wt01 wrote:

u reckon masters will be playin 2nd row :?: i thought he slimmed up in the off season....and cant see him losing a centre spot :?
I think he is tough enough and we have a lack of quality edge forwards with power and footwork. Aloai and Twal look to have shredded and packed on some muscle early in the pre season. If Marsters shreds he could be a good centre no doubt he is a quality young player.

Go You Good Things

Unread post by Go You Good Things » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:45 pm

Without putting too fine a point on it . . . . . and this isn't directly at you, ink . . .
Brett Hodgson is universally known as "Hodgo" . . . . NOT "Son"
John Skandalis is "Skando" . . . NOT "Lis"
Fred Jackson is Jacko . . . not son.
Billy NcDonald is Macca . . . not nald.

And any Eisenhuth is an Eiso. Not a Huth.
How daft would you look walking up to Skando and saying " I watched you play your heart out for my team. I'd love to have your signature please Lis. You're my favourite player.

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 5:28 pm

I don't think we can carry Marshall on bench. I would go with Macqueen, ailoi and eisenhuth for our back row and use et as a utility. Obviously would depend on how many minutes they will play. Marsters wouldn't be ready for a backroad role and would probably have a spot in my team ahead of milne.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 5:29 pm

I didn't christen him that...tho I see your point

Red88 Tiger

Unread post by Red88 Tiger » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 6:35 pm

wt01 wrote:
Sun 31 Dec, 2017 12:05 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:37 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 7:45 pm
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 7:24 pm
My take

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Matulino
9. Liddle
10. Packer
11. McQueen
12. Taylor
13. Eisenhuth

14. Twal
15. Grant
16. Aloiai
17. Sue

:sign:
Take out Grant and put in McIlwrick and that will be very close.
X2
gd team>> swap grant for benji, and possibly suli for masters depending on injuries
Like it. But they need to remember others are nipping at their heels

Return to “Season 2018”