Wests Tigers -2018 Centres

wt01
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: West Tigers -2018 Centres

Unread post by wt01 » Tue 07 Nov, 2017 6:22 pm

Thanks bud....thats jst what i wanted to hear :)

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 10:28 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 07 Nov, 2017 5:57 pm
colmcd wrote:
Tue 07 Nov, 2017 4:00 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 9:42 pm
wt00 wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 7:52 pm

That's how I see us for R1 too

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milne/ Marsters- close battle, preseason & trials will see who gets the nod.
4. Suli
5. Fonua

the World Cup is giving Milne good boost.
Totally agree with the above, Milne and Marsters will fight it out for Center and Milne could claim it.

Ok so who is the bench back/utility?
I could see 2 props on the bench, with Marsters making the 3rd bench spot. Then maybe Corey Thompson as our utility?? But it would be better to get a Utility who can shake things up.
Bet your boots the utility will be Benji - no contest. Can play anywhere in the backs.
Rubbish. If no-one gets injured then Benji doesn't come on. And a bench spot is wasted. Twal and Eiso seem capable of playing big mins but still playing a hooker and a back on the bench would be a massive gamble.

Benji was signed to be a backup half, and that's what he'll be unless form or injuries dictate otherwise. Marsters is a back rower who can play in the backs if needs be. He'll be our backs backup on the bench.

kevinmcguiness
Has liked: 17 times

Unread post by kevinmcguiness » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 10:37 am

what happened to marion seve? didn't someone say he was our Renouf?

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:00 am

kevinmcguiness wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 10:37 am
Where have you been??

kevinmcguiness

Unread post by kevinmcguiness » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:12 am

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:00 am
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Where have you been??
haven't really been following the lower grades much to be honest with you. Was it a bad question magpie?

Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:15 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 10:28 am
Russell wrote:
colmcd wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
4. Suli
5. Fonua

Totally agree with the above, Milne and Marsters will fight it out for Center and Milne could claim it.

I could see 2 props on the bench, with Marsters making the 3rd bench spot. Then maybe Corey Thompson as our utility?? But it would be better to get a Utility who can shake things up.
Bet your boots the utility will be Benji - no contest. Can play anywhere in the backs.
Rubbish. If no-one gets injured then Benji doesn't come on. And a bench spot is wasted. Twal and Eiso seem capable of playing big mins but still playing a hooker and a back on the bench would be a massive gamble.

Benji was signed to be a backup half, and that's what he'll be unless form or injuries dictate otherwise. Marsters is a back rower who can play in the backs if needs be. He'll be our backs backup on the bench.
Marsters would be the cover for backs on the bench, whilst playing backrow when he comes on if no injuries occur to a back during the game, Milne will probably start at centre which is fine.
Go hard or go home

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:24 am

kevinmcguiness wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:12 am
magpiecol wrote:
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Where have you been??
haven't really been following the lower grades much to be honest with you. Was it a bad question magpie?
he went to Brisbane, but never was going to be picked over James Roberts or Tautau Moga.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

TigerTiger
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TigerTiger » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:25 am

Tui, Nofa, Suli, Milne, Fonua, JRey, Brooks.
Packs, Liddle/MMcIl, Mats, McQ, ET, Eiso.

Bench: Liddle/MMcIl, Twal, Alioai, Sue/Grant/Lawrence/Marsters

Feels good to not know who to leave out... :D

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:54 am

851 wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:15 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Russell wrote:
colmcd wrote:

Marsters would be the cover for backs on the bench, whilst playing backrow when he comes on if no injuries occur to a back during the game, Milne will probably start at centre which is fine.
Marsters went better than I thought he'd go at centre when he was given a chance to play NRL 2017. Particularly in defence. Milne could possible oust him. If this does happen.... unfortunately i can't see him sneering a bench spot, given the depth we have in 2018. I don't think Marsters deserves to be dropped but if he's not at centre I don't think he'll be in the 17.

Initially i would have thought Marsters would have retained his right centre spot for 2018.
however this RLWC has given Milne to showcase some of his skills. Hopefully cuts threw Tedesco's defence in two days time when Fiji play Italy.

Also with ET has played a bit of DH in the RLWC and has looked good. Benji could a few runs from there also if he comes on late against a tiring opposition.

Unfortunately for Matt McIlwrick and Marsters they could both miss out of a place in the 17 for Round 1.

R1
Backs Tui, Nofa, Suli, Milne, Fonua, JRey, Brooks.
Pack, Matulino, Packer, Liddle, McQ, ET, Eiso.
Bench: Twal, Alioai, Sue, Benji

iSP- Marsters, McIlwrick, Lawrence, Grant..ect

vlad
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by vlad » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 1:44 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:24 am
kevinmcguiness wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Where have you been??
he went to Brisbane, but never was going to be picked over James Roberts or Tautau Moga.
now he's off contract & seemingly unwanted by anyone .

so much for this story when he left for greener pastures ...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... df297cdcd8

While he is yet to make his NRL debut, Seve is regarded as one of the most devastating young three-quarters in rugby league.

speaking of players who left & are now on the scrap heap at their next club ...

Salesi Funaki
Rod Griffin
Matthew Woods

all clubless at the moment

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 3:31 pm

I think it's Marsters spot to lose...he reminds me a lot of Justin Hodges....I don't see the need to rush him into the backrow ...he could develop into a top flight centre...

Suli can play both sides of the field...for those questioning his quality watch the Newcastle and Rorters Cambo game you will see what the kid can do with space...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 4:38 pm

here's an old article on Milne . SMH-2015

Benji Marshall says St George Illawarra Dragons recruit Taane Milne has 'best in and away' he's seen
Michael Carayannis

Benji Marshall describes rookie teammate Taane Milne as having "one of the best in and aways and flick passes I've seen" as the young Dragon continues to impress.

Milne was cut adrift by the Roosters following a troubled last season before snapped up by the Dragons on a two-year deal. A questionable work ethic, including being late for training and poor training performance, coupled with some minor off-field dramas saw Milne stood down by the Roosters around the mid-point of last year which contributed to his eventual exit from the club.

He watched his under-20s teammates crash out in the finals before being released by the Roosters. Milne said he did a lot of growing up last year.

"It was really hard watching some of my good mates running out there and I couldn't go out there with them," Milne said. "I want to make sure nothing like that happens again. It was a big wake up call. I've got to put my head down this season and go hard.

"I didn't have the best year. I didn't achieve what I wanted to achieve. That's all in the past now. I've got to get my head down and get into the best shape I can."

Milne has enlisted the help of St George Illawarra teammates Yaw Kiti Glymin and Hame Sele to ensure he is never tardy for training. The trio have made the commute to Wollongong together during the pre-season.

Last season I was all over the place, staying at mates' houses," Milne said. "Last season I was late to a couple of sessions. This year I've always been on time and never late. I'm more organised. Little things like getting up in the morning and having breakfast and coming to training on time. I was too comfortable and I just needed a big change. Mary [coach Paul McGregor] has given me an opportunity.

"I know what I have to do now to get to the top. It's put my head down and train hard. When I got stood down I had a big think about what I needed to do. I had my family behind me and telling me they have my back."
Milne has made an immediate impact on his St George Illawarra teammates. Marshall signalled the 20-year-old out for praise when discussing the Dragons backline. "Taane has one of the best in and always and flick passes I've seen at training," Marshall said. "He is a very talented kid."

With Josh Dugan, Tim Lafai and Euan Aitken expected to battle it out for centre positions at the Dragons, Milne is eyeing a wing spot. While Jason Nightingale will resume his spot on the right side, Milne will compete alongside Glymin, Peter Mata'utia and Kalifa Faifai Loa for the other position in the backline.

"The boys are really welcoming," Milne said. "I feel right at home. It's a massive move from the Roosters. Mary has full confidence in me to bounce back. That's what I'm going to do. I have to be prepared. The defensive structures are a lot different to what I've been taught. I'm confident I'll get that right."

kevinmcguiness

Unread post by kevinmcguiness » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 4:42 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 11:24 am
kevinmcguiness wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
kevinmcguiness wrote:
Where have you been??
thanks

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 08 Nov, 2017 5:34 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Russell wrote:
colmcd wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
4. Suli
5. Fonua

We'll see. Masters will be good playing FB or 5/8 ..... shades of Lovett and that worked well.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 12:44 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 5:34 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Russell wrote:
colmcd wrote:

We'll see. Masters will be good playing FB or 5/8 ..... shades of Lovett and that worked well.
Don't be ridiculous. If an injury were to occur Marsters would go to centre, and one of the other outside backs would reshuffle as needed depending on where the injury was. How many teams have someone who plays fullback on the bench? None, or very very few.

But with the news that Marsters has lost weight in the off season the chances of him playing the back row seem to have greatly diminished.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 12:47 pm

I'd say Ivan liked what he saw in Marsters at centre in 1st Grade last year...it's nice to have a big centre who can break tackles and has a nice offload and pass...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 5:23 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 10 Nov, 2017 12:44 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 08 Nov, 2017 5:34 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Russell wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. If an injury were to occur Marsters would go to centre, and one of the other outside backs would reshuffle as needed depending on where the injury was. How many teams have someone who plays fullback on the bench? None, or very very few.

But with the news that Marsters has lost weight in the off season the chances of him playing the back row seem to have greatly diminished.
That is absurd - are you understanding what I am saying?

If Masters moves to the centre, where does the centre go? Does he go to half or 5/8 if they are injured?

Oh! move Tui to the halves and play a winger at full back???? How many changes do we make for one injury?

If Benji is the utility - he can play half, 5/8, centre, wing, full back and DH ( also giving liddle a break if required) - that is one change for one injury.

Yes that is ridiculous...lol

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 5:38 pm

:idea:
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Suli
5. Milne
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Return to “Season 2018”