Eels captain Tim Mannah praises Lebanon teammate and Wests Tigers recruit Alex Twal

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Eels captain Tim Mannah praises Lebanon teammate and Wests Tigers recruit Alex Twal

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 9:29 pm

PARRAMATTA pinched Mitchell Moses, but the Wests Tigers did well to sneak under the Eels’ guard and steal Alex Twal, who will line up for Lebanon in the World Cup.

Eels Holden Cup coach and Lebanon assistant Luke Burt said 21-year-old Twal was likely to become a ‘’long-time first-grader’’.

“He plays big minutes for a front-rower, he has a great work ethic, he’s a top kid. The thing with ‘Twally’ is you know what you will get out of him every game.’’

Parramatta skipper Tim Mannah said Twal had the ability to become the Tigers forwards leader, despite the high-profile signings of Russell Packer and Ben Matulino.

“He reminds me of Nathan Brown where his personality is huge, and he’s a player players love to play with,’’ Mannah said.

“He brings a lot to a team. The Tigers are lucky to have him. He’ll have a really strong career in the NRL.’’

Twal, who grew up in Merrylands to a Jordanian father and Lebanese mother, said he had not looked back since being given the chance to join the Tigers and play first grade.

It was during one of his first meetings with the Lebanon team Twal got to know Ivan Cleary, who was then in charge of the Cedars before taking over the Tigers.

“”Those last ten weeks with the Tigers in first grade was a dream come true, and to now pull on the red and green (for Lebanon), it’s been a big year,’’ Twal said.

“There are still areas I can work on, and I want play well in this World Cup and use it as a stepping stone to improve my game again in 2018.’’

Lebanon kickstart their Cup campaign on Saturday afternoon with former Tigers Moses and Robbie Farah the halves pairing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... a88d82a244
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 10:03 pm

I think Twal will be a massive NRL star. Let’s hope we can hang on to this one for a while!

wt00
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by wt00 » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 10:08 pm

From the games he's played in the nrl, he'll have a long career in the top grade.
The star of the team is the team.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm

I thought Twal was Lebanon's best forward...

It's players like him that will get a lot out of representing in the World Cup...I already think he is a quality domestic Prop...makes his metres and tackles every game...once he gets more confidence the offload he possesses will come out..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 11:57 pm

'Twal is already a better player then Alvaro imo (and a number of Eels fans if you check out their forum), Eels stuffed up big time. Twal mustn't be a big enough thug to get a run in their pack.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 7:30 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 10:03 pm
I think Twal will be a massive NRL star. Let’s hope we can hang on to this one for a while!
We've got him for the next three years which will irritate a certain Sydney club whose major prop has not been the same since his knee injury and the other while able to put a big hit on is slow and inconsistent. You have to love how we beat other clubs to his signature. Well done.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 7:40 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 10:57 pm
I thought Twal was Lebanon's best forward...

It's players like him that will get a lot out of representing in the World Cup...I already think he is a quality domestic Prop...makes his metres and tackles every game...once he gets more confidence the offload he possesses will come out..
Yeah, had the one he popped against Manly not been habbed by an alert DCE to save an otherwise certain try, we would most likely have seen a good few further offloads from Twal.

philgood
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by philgood » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 11:13 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 7:30 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
We've got him for the next three years which will irritate a certain Sydney club whose major prop has not been the same since his knee injury and the other while able to put a big hit on is slow and inconsistent. You have to love how we beat other clubs to his signature. Well done.

Which club? Heargraves and Napa?

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 12:25 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 7:30 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
I didn’t realise he’d signed a three year deal - that’s great news!

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 154 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 12:37 pm

His best is yet to come as well, that's the best thing about him.

Hasn't once looked out of his depth in first grade. What were Parra thinking letting him go?
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 12:47 pm

His tackle efficiency is unbelievable, especially for a kid his age. I think he only missed a total of 4 or 5 tackles in the 9 games he played this year. I echo everyone else in asking what the hell were Parra thinking letting him go. By the time Matulino (presumably) retires in 3 years, he'll be ready to stand up and be our forward leader.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 1:18 pm

If he was a queenslander he's exactly the sort of player they'd pick for Origin in a year or two (if he stays on the current track...). Great output, very efficient and highly reliable.

Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:09 pm

One of Cleary's best moves after he arrived was to identify him, the young bloke has rep player written all over him, and he seems to appreciate Ivan and the club for giving him a go.
Go hard or go home

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:18 pm

Didn't know much about him before his arrival, played well when he was given the opportunity. Hopefully he can keep it up as his stats are great and he may fill the role previously occupied by Woods.

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Needaname » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:19 pm

Should start alongside Packer next year!
Sue and Matts off the Bench to complement.
Perfect blend!

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 154 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:33 pm

Back to the OP, the biggest point in that article is how does our mate Demps feel about Luke Burt being the Lebanese assistant coach... :lol:
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 5:16 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:19 pm
Perfect blend!
Bit soon for him to start imo when we got the recruits we have... Experience first, his time isn't far off tho

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Needaname » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 6:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 5:16 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:19 pm
Perfect blend!
Bit soon for him to start imo when we got the recruits we have... Experience first, his time isn't far off tho
Respectfully disagree.
I think there is a lot more upside to him playing a consistent style as starting prop, then being expected to hold the defending line in tact as a bench impact player.

Return to “Season 2018”