Anxious Reynolds wants to repay Tigers..

TheBusDriver
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Anxious Reynolds wants to repay Tigers..

Unread post by TheBusDriver » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 2:34 pm

Reynolds will help us heaps. especially around the 50 minute mark where we start to drop off mentally. we need someone to keep going and say to the younger guys... "keep up with me and dont give up"...

Josh might get a few penalties but with the tight games he's awesome and with players like Marshall, McQueen, Taylor together they should calm the team down enough to win the tight ones!!!

Im pumped!!!
"The star of the team is the team"
- Ivan Cleary

:sign:

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 4:07 pm

hammertime wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:21 am
supercoach wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 5:03 am
Earl wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 8:31 pm
I'm one who thinks he isn't worth the money especially on a 4 year deal. I hope I'm wrong.
When you run close to the bottom of the comp for a few years and be club emerged in drama, that is the sort of money you have to pay to attract any player who is rated above average. I also think four years is maybe a year or two long, but we probably had no choice.
I also think he is just the player we need for the coming season, with so many new faces we need a player like him to build up the team spirit
With Reynolds loving the Bulldogs as much as he did, it sent a strong message about the Tigers when he moved over. He wasn't just another bloke off contract, he was someone a club would have to give a strong reason to move to shift from a club he loved so much.

It shocked people and countered the brand damage of Woodsy/Ted doing the reverse a tad. We really needed it at that point.
HT. I think that the fact that his club obviously didn't want a bar of him after his last contract, and he was able to get a lot more money, plus a way longer contract than he would have been able to get anywhere else, says more about the deal than any strong message about the Tigers.

The only message that I can see from the signing is that we have to still pay overs to get players here , and that we still haven't learnt much about long contracts for players towards the end of their careers

fibrodreaming
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by fibrodreaming » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 4:55 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 4:07 pm
hammertime wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Earl wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 8:31 pm
I'm one who thinks he isn't worth the money especially on a 4 year deal. I hope I'm wrong.
When you run close to the bottom of the comp for a few years and be club emerged in drama, that is the sort of money you have to pay to attract any player who is rated above average. I also think four years is maybe a year or two long, but we probably had no choice.
I also think he is just the player we need for the coming season, with so many new faces we need a player like him to build up the team spirit
With Reynolds loving the Bulldogs as much as he did, it sent a strong message about the Tigers when he moved over. He wasn't just another bloke off contract, he was someone a club would have to give a strong reason to move to shift from a club he loved so much.

It shocked people and countered the brand damage of Woodsy/Ted doing the reverse a tad. We really needed it at that point.
HT. I think that the fact that his club obviously didn't want a bar of him after his last contract, and he was able to get a lot more money, plus a way longer contract than he would have been able to get anywhere else, says more about the deal than any strong message about the Tigers.

The only message that I can see from the signing is that we have to still pay overs to get players here , and that we still haven't learnt much about long contracts for players towards the end of their careers
Are we paying overs ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that we are paying Reynolds approximately what Parra are paying Moses, and substantially less than the original offer we made to Moses.

For approximately the same money, I would take Reynolds over Moses every day of the week.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:54 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 4:55 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hammertime wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Are we paying overs ? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that we are paying Reynolds approximately what Parra are paying Moses, and substantially less than the original offer we made to Moses.

For approximately the same money, I would take Reynolds over Moses every day of the week.
That doesn't make either of them worth the money . And I certainly not give either a four year contract
The point is that we had to pay through the nose to get him.
And for four years. He's not getting any younger, and is a gamble Imo
A lack of not being wanted at Belmore, And big money is why he's here.

Roar Power
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Roar Power » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:13 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:54 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hammertime wrote:

That doesn't make either of them worth the money . And I certainly not give either a four year contract
I dont think it was a case of not being wanted at Belmore. They had cap issues and he was a way to alleviate that. Josh doesn't have the skill of some of the younger guys but passion provides motivation in the 70th minute when lungs are burning and the game is on the line. He will be good for culture, has won premierships, played in grand finals. For me, 4 years is to much - would have been happy with three.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:49 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hammertime wrote:

I share some of your concerns, but then didn't the panthers just sign a three year contract for a guy that is already the age Reynolds will be at the end of his contract.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:35 am

formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:49 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

I share some of your concerns, but then didn't the panthers just sign a three year contract for a guy that is already the age Reynolds will be at the end of his contract.
They're chalk and cheese, is at the top of his game, and has lots between his ears on the field, and is a quality kicker, and teams with him as a 6 seem to have a habit of making GFs.
I'd take Maloney in a heart beat, if we could've got him

Return to “Season 2018”