Anxious Reynolds wants to repay Tigers..

Earl
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Anxious Reynolds wants to repay Tigers..

Unread post by Earl » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 9:22 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:30 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 7:51 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 7:27 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm
Cue...Happy...

Champion qualities Team to be a Team of Champions..

Ivan "‘the superstar of our team is the team’
With the personnel we have it's the only way it might work

15 other sides won't be looking at us with any great concerns
That can be an advantage. A big advantage.
How often do you hear players say: "theres no easy games" & "if your even just 1 or 2% off your game youll get beat"
We wont be getting any favours and wont be doing it easy....if we go well it will be us, all us... not the opposition's not respecting us
I agree with your point and the comment. I honestly don't think any team is going to be far off the pace next year. Sure the Rorters have an unbelievable squad but they cheat. The rorters could also fall into pieces. It happens.

We won't get any favours but we will be predicted to have a dud year. We were also predicted to have a dud year in 05. Hopefully we surprise on the upside.

tigeress
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by tigeress » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 9:31 am

Geo. wrote:
Cue...Happy...

This is what worries me, in the past the team have let themselves down. Reynolds can't do it by himself, he seems to have the right attitude but does everyone else :deadhorse:

Welcome to Tigertown Josh :master:

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 9:46 am

gallagher wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Cue...Happy...

Indeed, I hope they aren't looking at us with any great concerns then we can pull their pants down! :mrgreen:

In all honesty though, I don't think any team would take any opponent lightly in the NRL. It would be madness to do, because any team can beat another on any given day.

yeti
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by yeti » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 2:14 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 9:46 am
gallagher wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Cue...Happy...

Indeed, I hope they aren't looking at us with any great concerns then we can pull their pants down! :mrgreen:

In all honesty though, I don't think any team would take any opponent lightly in the NRL. It would be madness to do, because any team can beat another on any given day.
I certainly don't think any team deliberately takes another team lightly. But it is just about impossible for every team to be mentally 100% switched on every week. And at the elite level in any sport, being just a little bit off is enough for the opposition to win. It's easy to 'get up' for a Melbourne game. Perhaps not so easy for a Newcastle game or a Wests Tigers game. Let's hope so. I'll take any win any time under any circumstances.

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 2:26 pm

Didn't we almost pay Moses close to 1 mil?

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:50 pm

Reynolds would want to play well otherwise he will be the paid paid bench player in the history of the game. I expect Benji to come back hungry and push him.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:55 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:50 pm
Reynolds would want to play well otherwise he will be the paid paid bench player in the history of the game. I expect Benji to come back hungry and push him.
I love Benji, and I'm glad he'll finish his career here, but the reality is he's done, at least in the halves. He's no better than he was when he left, and most of us were glad to see him gone. I'd be more inclined to play him in the centres, or maybe fullback.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 186 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:58 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:42 am
innsaneink wrote:
gallagher wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

How often do you hear players say: "theres no easy games" & "if your even just 1 or 2% off your game youll get beat"
We wont be getting any favours and wont be doing it easy....if we go well it will be us, all us... not the opposition's not respecting us
Yeah, I've heard the cliches plenty of times. I've also seen teams go into games expecting an easy win and coming away with s loss.
Probably because theres no easy games in the NRL....if they expect to win a loss is usually a given
Last edited by innsaneink on Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fraze23
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:00 pm

Reynolds has messaged a few of the Tigers players he knew, seeking reassurance.

“You would think they would try and make me feel better,” Reynolds joked.

“I was telling them ‘man, I’m heaps nervous’, just to get them to tell me ‘nah man you’ll be sweet’. But no one was saying that.”
Am I reading too far into that or does it sound a little odd?

gallagher
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:58 pm
gallagher wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Yeah, I've heard the cliches plenty of times. I've also seen teams go into games expecting an easy win and coming away with s loss.
Probably because theres no easy games in the NRL....if they expect to win a loss is usually a given
I agree. That's why i think that if the other 15 clubs are not concerned about us then it can be an advantage.

tiger_one
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tiger_one » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 10:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:55 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:50 pm
I love Benji, and I'm glad he'll finish his career here, but the reality is he's done, at least in the halves. He's no better than he was when he left, and most of us were glad to see him gone. I'd be more inclined to play him in the centres, or maybe fullback.
But just going back to this season with the Bronx, his game was different to when he last was with us. Here, he had tried to do it all, where under Bennett he was a link player only, with a margin to also play in front of him.
This revised version is the player that Cleary has brought back.
The other players will love him.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 186 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:48 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:51 pm
innsaneink wrote:
gallagher wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I agree. That's why i think that if the other 15 clubs are not concerned about us then it can be an advantage.
Youre not making sense gal... your all over the shop..they'll be concerned the week the play us

gallagher
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:14 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:48 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 8:51 pm
innsaneink wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Youre not making sense gal... your all over the shop..they'll be concerned the week the play us
I was replying to Happy's comment that the other 15 clubs would not be concerned with us. I think that can be an advantage.
That's all.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:35 am

There's other players I am more worried about not stepping up or kicking on over Reynolds. He'll do his part, but he'll need everyone else around him to do theirs as well.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tacky
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Tacky » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:18 am

Josh Reynolds to bring 'family club' values to Wests Tigers

He may have left the "family club", but Josh Reynolds wants to bring those same values to Wests Tigers.
Reynolds, the highest-profile of the joint-venture outfit's recruits, reported for training for the first time during the week. The former NSW five-eighth admitted it was "a little bit weird" donning the black, white and gold after being a Bulldog for so long, but is embracing the challenge of taking his game to another level.

One of Belmore's favourite sons, Reynolds is renowned for his ability to bring his teammates together. So much so that James Graham, in an attempt to keep him at Canterbury, offered to sacrifice the pay rise he was entitled to – believed to be a six-figure amount under the new collective bargaining agreement – to retain Reynolds.

The man credited with being the social glue at Belmore wants to ensure he becomes just as tight with his new teammates.

"When I got my first bit of gear it was a little bit weird, it wasn't blue and white," Reynolds said in his first interview in Tigers colours.

"I don't go home and say, 'I can't believe I'm in this'. I'm going to take it with both hands. I know I grew up in Belmore, but I want to create the same concept here. I'm doing what I love, which is playing rugby league – it's just for a different club. It doesn't mean I'm going to be any less passionate about who I play for. My whole family used to go for them growing up. There are ties there.

"The club is on the up with the type of players they've bought and bringing Ivan [Cleary] in will change the club. The fans of the Wests Tigers haven't – this is no disrespect to the players that have played – but they haven't seen semi-finals in a while. It would be nothing better than to come here with a few new boys and try and do that and try and create a great culture."

Tigers fans are anxious to see the new-look Reynolds-Luke Brooks halves combination in action for the first time in their season opener against the Roosters. However, Reynolds is already allowing himself to think a little further ahead.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having a little think about that game," he said of the round 12 clash with former club Canterbury.

"The old cliche is I take it like any other game, but it's definitely going to be weird coming up against them because I've played with a lot of them for a good five or six years.

"It's going to be interesting and fun. Before will the hardest bit, but when it kicks off it will be just another game. They will probably get into me. [Laughing] I don't get into people on the field, so I'll just take it on the chin and walk off. While it's going to be hard, I'll make sure it's fun because in 20 years, when we have a beer down the track, we'll have a laugh about how I did something crazy or outrageous in the game."

Reynolds described the 2017 season as a "draining year for me", the result of a series of injuries, speculation about his future and the Bulldogs missing the finals. He was courted by Cronulla and the appeal of going to a team full of superstars held appeal. However, he was impressed by Cleary's pitch and relished the chance to take on a greater leadership role at the Tigers.

"I feel here at the Tigers, the team comes first," he said.

"No one is better than anyone, it doesn't matter if you've played 30 Origins or you're debuting. I think that's a great culture and message to get across to the boys. Everyone takes that on board. Everyone takes leadership and ownership, that's the best way to be.

"For me at the Bulldogs, I felt I was a bit the same. There were so many good players around me, I just had to do my job. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. Maybe it's because I'm getting on in footy, I'm 28 years old, and I definitely want to become an influence in the team, a bit of a leader."

The man affectionately dubbed "Grub" is the first to concede he isn't the silkiest player. His greatest strengths are his energy and passion, qualities that help bring his teammates closer off the field. The Bulldogs junior was stunned by Graham's gesture and wants to be a uniting force at Concord.

"Away from the game, that's the most humbling thing, the most amazing thing that anyone has ever done," Reynolds said of Graham.

"I never knew about it, that was the best thing. Even when we had a couple of beers lately, he didn't mention it. It's something he wanted to do. It's weird, from the outside looking in at a lot of clubs, a lot of players look at it as just a job. That's fine, that's the way they do it. But for me it's about creating friendships because when footy is done you don't come to training every day. So you don't see those mates every day. It's about creating [lasting] friendships.

"That's what I was like at the Dogs. It didn't mind to me if I had to see the boys out west or go out to Cronulla, it's what I like doing. I've always been like that, I like being around good people and creating friendships. I want to do that at the Tigers. They have accepted me so well. Honestly, it feels like I've been here for a couple of years already in two days. Not the footy stuff, just being able to muck around with a few of the boys."

While it may take time to get used to the sight of Reynolds in a Tigers jersey, his family has history with the club.

"My grandparents lived in Annandale," he said.

"My mum grew up there before they moved to Belmore. My cousins were all Tigers fans before I started playing for the Dogs. So now they have to dust off their old jerseys and get them out at Leichhardt Oval."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... zjbvl.html
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

bathursttiger
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:31 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 7:58 pm
“I know if I have a couple of bad games people are going to say ‘oh, he’s not worth the money’,” Reynolds says.
Josh been reading the forum... :lol:
If so it's definitely not Earl.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:55 am

While it may take time to get used to the sight of Reynolds in a Tigers jersey, his family has history with the club.

"My grandparents lived in Annandale," he said.

"My mum grew up there before they moved to Belmore. My cousins were all Tigers fans before I started playing for the Dogs. So now they have to dust off their old jerseys and get them out at Leichhardt Oval."
Sounds like he has a good family.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 3:44 pm

Managed to mention the lack of finals without badmouthing everyone. That's a nice change

Return to “Season 2018”