AN EMOTIONAL Benji Marshall has opened up on his rollercoaster rugby league career & the return “home” to Wests Tigers

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AN EMOTIONAL Benji Marshall has opened up on his rollercoaster rugby league career & the return “home” to Wests Tig

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:21 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:14 pm
Benji is a champion isn't he.
Much like Farah , he was a champion

Then he chose to spit on my club

I support a team not players , Benji pooed on my team sorry

WTFL :sign:

Munk
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Munk » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:21 pm
Earl wrote:

How did either of those guys spit on the club?

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:34 pm

Munk wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:23 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

I consider Farah had amongst the strongest black, white and orange blood of all of WT's existence - could not be far wrong.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:36 pm

Munk wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:23 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

As previously stated Benji came out the day after a Friday night game wearing an Auckland Blues jersey and then after telling all and sundry how he had bled for the club when all could see he definitely wasn't from 2012 onwards that he got slack at the Tigers when he signed with Brisbane ....

But that's OK it's Benji , he produced a flick pass in 2005 , he has proven like other superstars like Cam Smith ,Cronk , Slater ,Thurston ,Gallen that age hasn't affected him in anyway shape or form :roll:

Munk
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Munk » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:52 pm

Wearing the jersey was childish but not crapping on the club for mine. If anything he was crapped on as was farah.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:22 pm

I think he's matured since he left, and his failure in Union, being low balled by the Dragons and being 3rd string halfback at Brisbane has probably humbled him too. I'm not expecting much from him on the field, but I believe he'll be a massive asset off it.

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:48 pm

Benji admits his mistake in relation to wearing that jumper and called up Cleary and wanted back in. He always showed respect to the club and the fans and considers himself a Tiger. Robbie may have had some issues but he gave his all for the Tigers.

Then you look at the prima-donnas like Tedesco who never showed the club respect and acted like complete and utter muppets.

Interesting the guy who tried to justify Tedesco's actions is on here crucifying Benji who led us to a premiership and was a driving force behind a period of time when we were a solid club. Benji made some mistakes but overall he has added so much to our club.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:59 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:48 pm
Benji admits his mistake in relation to wearing that jumper and called up Cleary and wanted back in. He always showed respect to the club and the fans and considers himself a Tiger. Robbie may have had some issues but he gave his all for the Tigers.

Then you look at the prima-donnas like Tedesco who never showed the club respect and acted like complete and utter muppets.

Interesting the guy who tried to justify Tedesco's actions is on here crucifying Benji who led us to a premiership and was a driving force behind a period of time when we were a solid club. Benji made some mistakes but overall he has added so much to our club.
Tedesco is ancient history , as is Woods and Ava

Won't be easy to replace

I hope we kick every one's butts in 2018

Talking about Ava , funny how you never slated Ava like you did Woods and Tedesco

But hey , we are all different , takes all types to make the world go around

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:12 am

Ava more or less said "I've got a better offer, I'm moving on, thanks for the memories" - addressed to the fans on twitter

Woods and Tedesco had different versions of "my inferior colleagues aren't good enough to get me to the finals, which I'm entitled to!! Plus, the club refused my request for gold plated toilet paper, how else will Joe wipe up the crap that comes from my mouth and make me feel good again". Addressed to newscorp.

Exactly the same. Good luck selling that one mate.

Edit - just read the other thread taken over by the Hapster. I'm seeing a trend here, were you in a Nike ad recently mate? Just take a chill pill, dude. We will all put the boot in if we suck again, until then enjoy the hope you claim to have.

Fraze23
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:44 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:59 pm
Earl wrote:

Won't be easy to replace

Talking about Ava , funny how you never slated Ava like you did Woods and Tedesco

In fairness Ava didn't string the club along for months on end and openly bad mouth the club in the press like Woods and Tedesco did.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:50 am

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 12:12 am
Ava more or less said "I've got a better offer, I'm moving on, thanks for the memories" - addressed to the fans on twitter

Woods and Tedesco had different versions of "my inferior colleagues aren't good enough to get me to the finals, which I'm entitled to!! Plus, the club refused my request for gold plated toilet paper, how else will Joe wipe up the crap that comes from my mouth and make me feel good again". Addressed to newscorp.

Exactly the same. Good luck selling that one mate.

Edit - just read the other thread taken over by the Hapster. I'm seeing a trend here, were you in a Nike ad recently mate? Just take a chill pill, dude. We will all put the boot in if we suck again, until then enjoy the hope you claim to have.
Here we go again .....

I didn't bring up Tedesco and I just said I hope we kick his ass and anyone else's butt as well

And yet again , I'm in the Nike ad , becoming a roosters supporter , whatever else you can throw up

Here's an idea , use your brain , and try playing the subject and not the man

But no , that's a little hard for many on here

Its OK , I'll go along with the charade , the WT's are the greatest run NRL club in the last 17 years , we just have the worst record because refs hate us and we haven't had the rub of the green and the NRL hates us and wants us out or to relocate

All good , I'll just take my meds

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

Won't be easy to replace

It's sometimes hard to face reality isn't it. You struggled then and you are struggling now. Those guys showed their character and embarrassed themselves and their family completely. Tedesco showed how bad a person he was recently as well when trying hitting on his mates missus. I consider people with low character like that a cancer.

Benji is a saint compared to someone like that.

hammertime
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by hammertime » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:38 am

He's certainly putting the pressure on the halves with the media already. Hopefully, he can do the same with some strong performances.

I think he can be a massive factor in the success of our season. But he does have a habit of talking too much and not backing it up. I just hope we see '15 Dally-M (2nd)/Bronco Benji and he doesn't revert to the Benji of '12-13

hammertime
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by hammertime » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:42 am

Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:36 am
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

Won't be easy to replace

It's sometimes hard to face reality isn't it. You struggled then and you are struggling now. Those guys showed their character and embarrassed themselves and their family completely. Tedesco showed how bad a person he was recently as well when trying hitting on his mates missus. I consider people with low character like that a cancer.

Did anyone else pick up on that comment in an interview from Ivan where he said when he walked into the club, there was a disconnect in the playing group between some of the more elite players and the rest of the team which he didn't like.

I really wonder who he is talking about there. I don't think it would have been Woodsy, so all that is left is Mitch and Ted. Both?

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:17 am

Ted is clearly a piece of work. Moses is in the same boat. Woods is just one of the dumbest footy players I've ever seen and footy players aren't that smart.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:39 am

Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:17 am
Ted is clearly a piece of work. Moses is in the same boat. Woods is just one of the dumbest footy players I've ever seen and footy players aren't that smart.
There guys are only young with keyboard warriors chewing over and analysing every word they say. In the old days they would not even have been expected to open their mouths. Forums etc. have opened a pandora's box for better and worse for players and fans. We find it titillating and enraging.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:54 am

Foxtel Ch502, Sat
Big league - Benji Marshall

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:56 am

hammertime wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:42 am
Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:36 am
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

Won't be easy to replace

Did anyone else pick up on that comment in an interview from Ivan where he said when he walked into the club, there was a disconnect in the playing group between some of the more elite players and the rest of the team which he didn't like.

I really wonder who he is talking about there. I don't think it would have been Woodsy, so all that is left is Mitch and Ted. Both?
Yeah i noticed it....subtle dig...

Return to “Season 2018”