AN EMOTIONAL Benji Marshall has opened up on his rollercoaster rugby league career & the return “home” to Wests Tigers

Lidcombe Magpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: AN EMOTIONAL Benji Marshall has opened up on his rollercoaster rugby league career & the return “home” to Wests Tig

Unread post by Lidcombe Magpie » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:19 pm
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:04 pm
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 5:53 pm

Agreed....

Happy,

Is there anybody in this team that meets, let alone exceeds, your high levels of expectations?
What do forum members have to pass some Forum exam now Lidcombe Magpie and if you don't support the side exactly the way the majority want your gone ??
I don't think people want you gone!

And everybody is entitled to their option.

I just think that at times you may be far to critical of the Club and its players
Was talking about any member who doesn't fit inside the square or agree with everything or everyone that the club has done or signed

Funnily enough just a few posts above gave 6 positives , yet you happily ignored that
There you go I just gave you another like

Anything to keep you happy Happy

Earl
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by Earl » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:34 pm

I reckon this is a great signing. I just hope if Benji is the best option in the halves he gets picked. He shouldn't be the first option but if he proves he is in the best form I hope he gets picked.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:42 pm

I think he'll be much more influencial off the field than on it, which is by no means a bad thing. To see a player so openly passionate about the club, who is a club legend is the tonic we need ATM. A fitting change from the imposter of a captain who just left.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:45 pm

I was pretty happy when he left us; last year or two with the Tigers his form seemed way down. However, I thought he went really well for the Broncos in their semi loss to the Rorters and in one or two games I saw him play earlier this year. If he can bring that form to the Tigers there is no question he will be an asset at some stage/stages during the season.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 8:17 pm

Always a place for Benji in my heart
Lets hope he gets a fitting farewell he didnt get the first time

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 5:53 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 4:04 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 3:57 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 3:45 pm

Garbage! It’s obvious what Cleary and the club are doing. They are trying to bring passion and belief into the Tigers. That’s why Marshall is here - and Hodgson and Reynolds. The new recruits are mostly no nonsense heads down bums up type players- that to give us some backbone (add Ron Palmer in for that reason). So far all signings astute and well thought through IMO
So what's garbage ??

Benji has admitted it HIMSELF he gassed it at the WT's

Zoe said she loved Brisbane and didn't want to leave (unless she was speaking BS at a radio station promotional event )

If we are not spending 95% of our cap by June 1 we can get fined

The Saturday morning after a Friday night game , he was in Auckland Blues jersey showing to the RaRa fans

I don't believe anything Benji says because he lied to all of us speaking about his passion for the WT's , while accusing the WT's of screwing him over and then admits later to getting lazy and lacking passion in his last few seasons here

But take him back by all means , we have brought back twelve of the Premiership players of 2005

Pity those calls didn't bring a season where we actually won 12/17 games hey

I'll shut up now , this garbage must be hurting everyone's eyes and ears by now
Happy, i'm relatively new to this forum and by all the recent back-slapping, you are obviously a long term veteran - good on you and you are entitled to your opinion. What's garbage from my perspective is the constant negativity around our team. it's not constructive - just full on negativity. Anyway, maybe I was too strong with the word garbage, and you can write what you like but PLEASE.... list 5 things that the Tigers are doing that you think take us in the right direction....
1 / We've stop backending contracts

2/ Many members seem happy and numbers are up

3/ We've picked up some promising youngsters from other clubs that seem to have the goods (Twal ,Gibbs , Eisenhuth , Smith )

4/ Our depth looks better on paper

5/ The majority of people are on board with Cleary , that hasn't been the case with a coach since 2010/11 with Sheens

6/ Best front row stocks the club has had period (maybe a toss up with 2011 )

Happy ............ ??

Sorry mate I don't think I'm all that and more , I suppose you see Forum fans come into a season with all hope of a great season and many look at this club wearing tangerine ,white and black sunnies on

By Round 20 they have 20/20 vision and seem they want to jump off the roof of Leichhardt

I call what I see sorry , I'm not everyone's cup of tea

But I won't BS to myself or to forum members about my thoughts on our hopes in 2018

A Top 12 finish is going to be an uphill battle , and then if that doesn't occur half the fans will call for Cleary's head , which would be a massive mistake
Yep I’m happy!
Suppose my point is I genuinely feel we have something to be positive about. That’s not my biased view - it’s my considered opinion. But I get what you’re saying. Keep posting mate - hopefully as the season develops they’ll be lots of good stuff to talk about

Tacky
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Tacky » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:56 pm
Sorry I can't get that picture on that fateful Saturday with Benji in his Auckland Blues jersey and his lacklustre performances in 2012 and 2013

It might be all warm ,cuddly and feel good , but it makes no rugby league sense to me
Do you think he's a bad buy or not worth the money?

I think his signing is a great idea but, I'm interested by your opposing opinion.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:30 pm

I'm happy for him and the club. It's a good move, he brings good experience and is a decent enough back up if there's any injuries. He did alright this year for the Broncos.

happy tiger
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:34 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:55 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sorry I can't get that picture on that fateful Saturday with Benji in his Auckland Blues jersey and his lacklustre performances in 2012 and 2013

It might be all warm ,cuddly and feel good , but it makes no rugby league sense to me

I think his signing is a great idea but, I'm interested by your opposing opinion.
Multiple reasons Tacky

He's not value for money , another back to the future step by the club , we are just not moving forward and he's been a bad influence around the club in the past

We simple need to get past what our heroes did in 2005 and let the club create new heroes and new wonderful moments , before you know it a whole generation will be past 2005 and assume that's the be all and end all

marzie
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:47 pm

Yeah Benji Marshall on minimum wage

Ripped off big time

colmcd
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by colmcd » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 8:02 am

Benji is exactly who we need. We tried this bizarre experiment of having 2 rookie but talented halves without a mentor or someone to guide their style. Brooks played well under Marshall. Clearly the younger players looked up to Farah and Benji. Now yes both of these players did niggle a little later, however both players bled for the club. We backended contracts like anything and both players accepted this.

Yes both players are a little Premadonnaish, but that's what happens when 1,000 young kids start idolizing you and begging for your signature. Instead of wondering why these guys have massive Ego's after us building up their massive ego's, we need to roll with it.

We need Depth in the halves. Every successful team now has a spare half. Marshall is exactly what we need. What we don't need is 4 wingers in reserve.

Tacky
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 9:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:34 pm
Tacky wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:55 pm
happy tiger wrote:

Multiple reasons Tacky

He's not value for money , another back to the future step by the club , we are just not moving forward and he's been a bad influence around the club in the past

We simple need to get past what our heroes did in 2005 and let the club create new heroes and new wonderful moments , before you know it a whole generation will be past 2005 and assume that's the be all and end all
I see what you mean and I agree that we need to move past 2005. But, because we lost so many big names this year, I think Benji here for one season is the perfect idea to help transition into a new era and create new stars.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 10:51 am

I know some are a bit unsure of what Benji brings to the table but I certainly am very happy to have him back, not only for what he has done in the past but for what I think he will bring to our club.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but this is a great indication of what he will bring to us from one of the best coach's in the history of our game, starts at about the 2 minute mark...

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/10/ ... lls_b.html

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 11:09 am

Apparently Happy knows better than Cleary, Bennett and the WT & Broncos management as all those parties were happy to have him on in 2018.

They've all got rocks in their heads.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 11:21 am

beachtiger wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 10:51 am
I know some are a bit unsure of what Benji brings to the table but I certainly am very happy to have him back, not only for what he has done in the past but for what I think he will bring to our club.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but this is a great indication of what he will bring to us from one of the best coach's in the history of our game, starts at about the 2 minute mark...

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/10/ ... lls_b.html
Thanks for the link. It was good to listen.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 336 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 11:48 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 11:09 am
Apparently Happy knows better than Cleary, Bennett and the WT & Broncos management as all those parties were happy to have him on in 2018.

They've all got rocks in their heads.
Benji didn't sign Happy's flag that Day... :cry:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 12:43 pm

Honestly don't think any club will have a better half running around in ISP next year than Benji Marshall. Broncos were blessed to be able to call him up when Hunt then McCullough got injured and still play someone like that in the finals series.

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 5:39 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 12:43 pm
Honestly don't think any club will have a better half running around in ISP next year than Benji Marshall. Broncos were blessed to be able to call him up when Hunt then McCullough got injured and still play someone like that in the finals series.
And what a great influence he will be on Gamble

Return to “Season 2018”