AN EMOTIONAL Benji Marshall has opened up on his rollercoaster rugby league career & the return “home” to Wests Tigers

Basil Tiger

Re: AN EMOTIONAL Benji Marshall has opened up on his rollercoaster rugby league career & the return “home” to Wests Tig

Post by Basil Tiger » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 10:06 am

Earl wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:14 pm
Benji is a champion isn't he.
More 'was' the last 5 or 6 years but looks like he will have a different attitude with us this time around.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 8:45 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 8:03 am
Plenty of people seem to think Benji is going to be our X factor. The way I see it, he is a marketing tool no1, mentor no2 and back up for the spine no3. He showed at both the Dragons and the Brooks that nothing has much changed except he has lost his best weapon..pace. By that I mean it was still rocks and diamonds.

Don’t get me wrong I think he is probably a really good guy to have at the club, but I really doubt he will be the guy who makes the big difference on the paddock. Love to be wrong
He came second in the dally M medal at the Dragons and was given first choice half role for the Broncs in the finals series. He still has something to offer on the field.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 11:58 am

Munk wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 8:45 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 8:03 am
Plenty of people seem to think Benji is going to be our X factor. The way I see it, he is a marketing tool no1, mentor no2 and back up for the spine no3. He showed at both the Dragons and the Brooks that nothing has much changed except he has lost his best weapon..pace. By that I mean it was still rocks and diamonds.

Don’t get me wrong I think he is probably a really good guy to have at the club, but I really doubt he will be the guy who makes the big difference on the paddock. Love to be wrong
He came second in the dally M medal at the Dragons and was given first choice half role for the Broncs in the finals series. He still has something to offer on the field.
I think the other thing he gives... Is he is West Tigers.

If he mentors the new players, they will play like him. Maybe it doesn't mean much to people, but I loved watching Benji play. Seriously he was entertaining and awesome to watch.

We rebuilt our team, we needed too. But I am glad that Benji can be around again. I don't want to just support 17 randoms every year. I want our class to remain.

I realise we are not the Magpies of the 1970's, but we still have a little of their working class guts. Were also not the brutish Tigers of the 1980's, but I do see a little Blocker in some of our forwards. Were not the WT's of 2005 and the flair/fast football that Sheens pushed. Yes it was fantastic to watch but we are changing, but it is still there a little. I'm glad Benji is there, it helps the WT be the WT. It's good to recognise two players on the field.

tigerfanatic

Post by tigerfanatic » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 10:07 pm

I think the other thing he gives... Is he is West Tigers.

If he mentors the new players, they will play like him. Maybe it doesn't mean much to people, but I loved watching Benji play. Seriously he was entertaining and awesome to watch.

We rebuilt our team, we needed too. But I am glad that Benji can be around again. I don't want to just support 17 randoms every year. I want our class to remain.

I realise we are not the Magpies of the 1970's, but we still have a little of their working class guts. Were also not the brutish Tigers of the 1980's, but I do see a little Blocker in some of our forwards. Were not the WT's of 2005 and the flair/fast football that Sheens pushed. Yes it was fantastic to watch but we are changing, but it is still there a little. I'm glad Benji is there, it helps the WT be the WT. It's good to recognise two players on the field.
[/quote]

Mate this is honestly the post of the year. I couldnt agree with you anymore. Well said.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:36 am

As one of if not the biggest Benji basher for a few years before he left, I'm happy he's back and wish him all the best.
Im actually really looking forward to seeing him run out in the Tigers Jersey again.

If he ever gets a start at a Leichhardt game I'll be flying down to stand on the hill and cheer him on for sure, positive feelings about this return.