Luke Brooks 2018

User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 16 times

Luke Brooks 2018

Unread post by Chris » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 5:02 am

He's been a massive disappointment thus far, IMO. There was massive hype on him and then he had that sensational game on debut against the Dragons. From there, IMO, he has gone down hill. I see his partnership with Reynolds his last chance. If he cant produce some high quality games by round 5 or 6, I'd give Benji the number 7 jersey and give Brooks permission to find another club while he plays for the Mighty Maggies in ISP.


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25147
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 5:27 am

Nothing like getting in early..

I'm surprised Ivan re-signed him..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 6:56 am

If I had a dollar for every ' Luke Brooks' title thread I'd be a rich man. But in all honesty it's make or break for him. Just hope he earns his spot for a quality pre season and not because he's incumbent. We all know he's not the best pre season trainer. I'd like to hope he's quashing those rumours but we'll see how it goes.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18807
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 7:28 am

Cleary has pretty much given him an ultimatum by addressing the Nathan rumours and acknowdging that Nathan coming here is on the cards, so if that isn't a good enough reason to get motivated, idk what is.

Personally, and I've mentioned this a couple of times, I think a significant reason why Brooks has struggled is due to his personality. The guy looks scared of his own shadow. Don't think I've seen a player ever, shyer than Luke Brooks. Not a particularly good trait for a halfback to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hard time barking orders.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 7:53 am

Brooks will improve a lot in 2018 with Cleary, Reynolds and a good forward pack.

I think he needs to concentrate on his kicking game as well as running the ball more often, because that's when he looks most dangerous.

But in 2018, you have to perform or someone will take your place. Brooks hasn't had this pressure to perform ever before and I think he will form a great combo with Reynolds.

Ivan will get the best out of Brooks and he will make everyone eat their words.


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:18 am

Not the best half in the comp, nor the worse, so happy enough to have him on board.

Luke has shown that his ceiling is higher than most and whilst disappointing that he has not consistently performed to that level, it doesn't stop him being a first grader, which he clearly is. With a few percentage points of improvement in fitness and defence, along with consistency of his short kicking game, he will be amongst the top halves in the comp.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3892
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:20 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 7:28 am
Cleary has pretty much given him an ultimatum by addressing the Nathan rumours and acknowdging that Nathan coming here is on the cards, so if that isn't a good enough reason to get motivated, idk what is.

Personally, and I've mentioned this a couple of times, I think a significant reason why Brooks has struggled is due to his personality. The guy looks scared of his own shadow. Don't think I've seen a player ever, shyer than Luke Brooks. Not a particularly good trait for a halfback to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hard time barking orders.
Spot on mate, in contrast Yappy Moses can't control himself even when there is nothing to yapp about - even giving orders to the ref. that the captain is over there. love it
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:15 am

I like Brooks and I don't think he is that bad. He is in a tough position where mistakes which include poor options are really highlighted. I can't see him ever being Andrew Johns like but he could get his game together and be a player who is good enough to lead a quality team into the finals.

tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 710
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by tigeress » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:20 am

Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:15 am
I like Brooks and I don't think he is that bad. He is in a tough position where mistakes which include poor options are really highlighted. I can't see him ever being Andrew Johns like but he could get his game together and be a player who is good enough to lead a quality team into the finals.
To me Luke looks frightened, maybe he lacks confidence. He needs to be fearless. For our sake and his I hope he can become more confident in what he is capable of achieving. :pray:

I believe that rumours that Nathan Cleary could come to the club eventually, would not be boosting Luke's confidence at all Best of Luck Luke. (Be Fearless)

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 11:50 am

tigeress wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:20 am
Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:15 am
I like Brooks and I don't think he is that bad. He is in a tough position where mistakes which include poor options are really highlighted. I can't see him ever being Andrew Johns like but he could get his game together and be a player who is good enough to lead a quality team into the finals.
To me Luke looks frightened, maybe he lacks confidence. He needs to be fearless. For our sake and his I hope he can become more confident in what he is capable of achieving. :pray:

I believe that rumours that Nathan Cleary could come to the club eventually, would not be boosting Luke's confidence at all Best of Luck Luke. (Be Fearless)
If that happens it's two years away. Broooks has the raw ingredients to become a good NRL halfback. He just needs to focus on becoming the best General he can be. I'm sure Ivan and the coaching staff will be working on his 4th/5th tackle plays.
That being said. He will have pressure on him from Benji which will be a good thing for him and the Tigers
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30426
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 1:24 pm

He's never been consistent. He's put on some special plays on odd occasion, but we never see it week in, week out. Defensively we've been weak for years which has really highlighted one of Brooks deficiencies which is his defence. His short kicking game is another...

Now whether this is just who Brooks is, or he's been held back by a less than dominant forward pack and halves partners, we'll find out next season. I would suggest if he doesn't improve next season, then this will be his last contract with the Tigers.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 1:39 pm

It will be interesting if Reynolds can be that positive influence that he needs. Confidence is such big factor in sport that you can be a Jeckyll/Hyde depending on what your mindset is.

I'd agree he's on his last chance, and so he should be.

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:30 pm

Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:53 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:30 pm
Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?
https://www.totalfootystats.com.au

Brooksy doesn't even feature in the top 50 for this year. His stats were pretty bad.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl- ... hlLc7ZL3Vo
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:03 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:30 pm
Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?
Oh, come on Old Man Tiger, don't be shy, we all know there's nobody smarter than you!

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:05 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:03 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:30 pm
Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?
Oh, come on Old Man Tiger, don't be shy, we all know there's nobody smarter than you!
My wife and 2 year old disagree.

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:07 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:53 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:30 pm
Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?
https://www.totalfootystats.com.au

Brooksy doesn't even feature in the top 50 for this year. His stats were pretty bad.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl- ... hlLc7ZL3Vo
Thanks mate

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:25 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:30 pm
Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?
Name Games Try Assists TA/Game
1. Johnathan Thurston 31 32 1.032258065
2. Michael Morgan 49 42 0.857142857
3. Shaun Johnson 42 35 0.833333333
4. Cooper Cronk 48 39 0.8125
5. Daly Cherry Evans 44 35 0.795454545
6. Matt Moylan 39 29 0.743589744
7. Mitchell Pearce 35 26 0.742857143
8. Ben Hunt 47 33 0.70212766
9. Gareth Widdop 45 31 0.688888889
10. Cody Walker 44 30 0.681818182
11. Adam Reynolds 37 25 0.675675676
12. Ash Taylor 46 31 0.673913043
13. Corey Norman 38 25 0.657894737
14. Anthony Milford 49 31 0.632653061
15. Luke Brooks 38 23 0.605263158
16. Mitchell Moses 49 29 0.591836735
17. Kieran Foran 26 14 0.538461538
18. Trent Hodkinson 40 19 0.475
19. James Maloney 45 21 0.466666667
20. Luke Keary 43 20 0.465116279
21. Brock Lamb 24 11 0.458333333
22. Nathan Cleary 41 18 0.43902439
23. Blake Green 48 20 0.416666667
24. Tui Lolohea 39 16 0.41025641
25. Chad Townsend 52 21 0.403846154
26. Moses Mbye 48 19 0.395833333
27. Aidan Sezer 48 16 0.333333333
28. Josh Reynolds 42 12 0.285714286
29. Blake Austin 43 11 0.255813953
30. Kodi Nikorima 35 6 0.171428571

Post Reply

Return to “Season 2018”