Out of the Headlines

tigerap

Out of the Headlines

Post by tigerap » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:05 am

How good is it that we seem to be out of the NRL headlines....

I like that fact we are just flying under the radar and getting on with our pre-season....knowing with 2 spots left in our roster that if the right player comes along we will swoop.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:45 am

Sshhhhh

All good atm.Buzz will probably start trolling us after the RLWC.
Go, Pascoe, Cleary have a good working relationship . The front office seems united.
Penrith, Dogs seem unsettled. Hopefully the media targets them. However it won’t take much at all before they are all over us.
in Ivan we distrust

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:03 am

Hopefully next year will be the year we have all been hoping for. Personally, my goal will be just to say "We had a decent year" :D
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 11:34 am

shane2801 wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:03 am
Hopefully next year will be the year we have all been hoping for. Personally, my goal will be just to say "We had a decent year" :D
I've got high expectations for next year. Top 8 or we need to make some big changes.

Pressures on Brooks, Lolohea, Liddle, Nofoaluma and our forward pack. Our forward pack is what I have the most confidence in. We'll just have to wait and see but, I'm not going to be happy if we miss the 8.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 12:38 pm

Expectations or hopes??
I no longer have expectations any more/ but am still hopeful

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 12:49 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 12:38 pm
Expectations or hopes??
I no longer have expectations any more/ but am still hopeful
Expectations. We couldn't have gotten a better end to the year and start to the preseason. If we are ever going to be successful again, it's gonna start now. The team looks balanced and settled. The coach looks in control. The club is out of the headlines. What more could we ask for?

We are finally looking good so, why wouldn't you have expectations?
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 1:19 pm

Because Ive heard it too often,
I’ll feel better when we are halfway through the season and haven’t been flogged in three or four games,
There’s nothing wrong with your expectations.
I just don’t want to get the heart rate up until there’s something concrete there to be excited about.
Sometimes we play a real good off season . And a not to good actual season,
I’ll wait till we’ve racked up some points; until then , I’ll Hope.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 1:19 pm
Because Ive heard it too often,
I’ll feel better when we are halfway through the season and haven’t been flogged in three or four games,
There’s nothing wrong with your expectations.
I just don’t want to get the heart rate up until there’s something concrete there to be excited about.
Sometimes we play a real good off season . And a not to good actual season,
I’ll wait till we’ve racked up some points; until then , I’ll Hope.
That's understandable. I'm probably just being naive.
Pres. MCK fan club

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 2:34 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 11:34 am
shane2801 wrote:
I've got high expectations for next year. Top 8 or we need to make some big changes.

Pressures on Brooks, Lolohea, Liddle, Nofoaluma and our forward pack. Our forward pack is what I have the most confidence in. We'll just have to wait and see but, I'm not going to be happy if we miss the 8.
in the order of 'uncertainty':
1. Lalohea/Brooks
2. 2nd rowers
3. Raynolds

Anyhow, so far Cleary has done great recruitment, we hopefully will not be 2 trick ponies anymore
:sign:

Munk

Post by Munk » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:46 pm

Have we been out of the headlines though really?
Weve had the Benji stuff, the father/son stuff, Josh has had a few articles as well, Woodsy weighing in on our next skipper....

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 4:03 pm

Tacky wrote:
shane2801 wrote:

Well that is positive at least - no pressure on the centres (whoever they are), the left winger (whoever he is) nor Josh Reynolds.
The pressure is on everyone else tho'

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:14 pm

Out of the negative headlines. Plenty of positive stories with Benji and Reynolds mainly. A nice change. I'm sure the negative stuff by news ltd will be back after a few losses next season.
No more plodders!
:sign:

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:26 pm

Tacky wrote:
shane2801 wrote:

Tacky - change and instability has been our problem mate. Would be great if we could all just take a chill pill for one season at least and let the team develop. It's pretty much a brand new 17 players and I think pascoe/Cleary will be saving cap for next year.

Improvement, consistency and competitiveness should be our benchmark this year. Not where we finish.

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:33 pm

Well said Hammertime. I'm not expecting any sort of finish to the year. I just want to see the players putting in, a well coached team, team selections that make sense and no drama with primma-donna footy players.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:45 pm

wt00 wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:14 pm
Out of the negative headlines. Plenty of positive stories with Benji and Reynolds mainly. A nice change. I'm sure the negative stuff by news ltd will be back after a few losses next season.
Yep. These days I'm more than happy to read fluff pieces
in Ivan we distrust

Munk

Post by Munk » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:59 pm

I am not enthusiastic about fluff pieces.
Too many years of promises only to watch them fall to crud.
Much prefer to hear nothing and watch the team surprise the comp.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 6:29 am

You'll always see fluff pieces because they always have to promote their brand. Especially at this time of year when there's nothing else going on.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 8:07 am

Munk wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:46 pm
Have we been out of the headlines though really?
Weve had the Benji stuff, the father/son stuff, Josh has had a few articles as well, Woodsy weighing in on our next skipper....
I would wager they mean negative headlines.

- Coke scandals
- Match fixing
- Player unrest
- Owing former players money/financial deadbeats
- Coach on borrowed time

Etc etc
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...