TAB NRL 2018 odds

colmcd

Re: TAB NRL 2018 odds

Post by colmcd » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:14 pm

$81...

Why are we complaining about poor odds again?

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:18 pm

Spartan - I hear what you are stating but I also think that we have players across the park and in reserves who can contribute. Chee-Kam for instance isn't being picked anywhere in the team and he has had a couple of solid performances.

ET is a great player. He is the sort of player that will just do his job well. I'm hoping that we have a bunch of players like that along with some power players like Aloiai, Nofo, Fonua, Suli and possibly even Milne to add to hopefully players like Brooks, Tui, Liddle and Reynolds who can all make a bust.

I honestly don't know how the team is going to gel. It's very different to the last couple of seasons where we've had plenty of top end talent but those guys often didn't really do the job for us.

I was paid out earlier when I said we could go good or bad however I think we won't know until next season.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 12:27 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:18 pm
Spartan - I hear what you are stating but I also think that we have players across the park and in reserves who can contribute. Chee-Kam for instance isn't being picked anywhere in the team and he has had a couple of solid performances.

ET is a great player. He is the sort of player that will just do his job well. I'm hoping that we have a bunch of players like that along with some power players like Aloiai, Nofo, Fonua, Suli and possibly even Milne to add to hopefully players like Brooks, Tui, Liddle and Reynolds who can all make a bust.

I honestly don't know how the team is going to gel. It's very different to the last couple of seasons where we've had plenty of top end talent but those guys often didn't really do the job for us.

I was paid out earlier when I said we could go good or bad however I think we won't know until next season.
Agree Earl.

Love for the Tiger should never be in question of 98%of the people here, Who logs onto a fan forum otherwise.

The new player Gel / Motivation factor coupled with resilience of the group is the source of my bad feeling.

I really hope we jag a few wins in the first 8 weeks of the terribly difficult start to the 2018 season that we have. This will define the year and see if the Bookies are right.

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 1:37 pm

Wait until week 5 before placing your bets....

Remember who we have for the first 5 weeks. next year

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 4:54 pm

underdog wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 1:37 pm

Bad move. Once we have won 3 or 4 of those games, we will be less than 12/1

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 5:55 pm

underdog wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 1:37 pm

Hmmmm..

If we are 1/4 or 0/5 after round five our odds will triple for the eight & GF...but will we be any hope at all?
Great odds but whats the point after a terrible start?

If we are 4/1, or 3/2 the odds will be slashed....good for our chances I spose a good start, but weve missed the juicies.

A short priced winner is better than a long priced loser I suppose

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 5:58 pm

TIGER wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:07 am
Anyone keen to have a wager with me I'm offering double what the tab or any betting agency is offering.
I offer this every year but no body wants to take me up on it, despite how much they want to "talk" up our chances, i wonder why?
How longs the offer on the table for?
Smart WTs fans....history shows weve been rubbish for 7 years or so....no wonder no ones taken you up...theyve kept their cash.
Hopeful talk and laying down hard cash two very different things.
Ones from the heaert, the other from the head

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 6:46 pm

TIGER wrote:
Anyone keen to have a wager with me I'm offering double what the tab or any betting agency is offering.
I offer this every year but no body wants to take me up on it, despite how much they want to "talk" up our chances, i wonder why?
For premiership or top 8?
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:13 pm

TIGER wrote:
What does that prove..? Generally curious

As ink says fans generally talk up teams they support but aren't stupid enough to throw money away...

Are you saying fans shouldn't get a bit excited about the team they support if so what's the point and why do YOU bother...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:42 pm

I've put a bit on at 72/1 average on Betfair hoping for a few early upsets then lay off my entry $ if the odds slash ...... more likely never come into the money though :)