TAB NRL 2018 odds

tigerap

TAB NRL 2018 odds

Post by tigerap » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:51 am

I see the TAB has the Tigers last on the line of betting for 2018 at $51..

The warriors, dogs, Rabbits are ahead of us at $41, $34, $19!..

Even the basket case raiders are $15.Wow...I can't believe we are rated so lowly.

Spewing....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:58 am

Unbelievable, Outrageous, Scandalous, Unthinkable, Shocking, Disgraceful, Atrocious, Appalling, Abhorrent, Heinous...

Demand an Investigation..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 9:03 am

Titans will get the Spoon
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 9:22 am

I'll never understand the offense people take from our usually consistent long odds

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 10:31 am

I love long odds. They are just an opinion, a guess, about making money.

If you think it's wrong, get on it. Best thing in the world for a punter is to see odds you strongly disagree with.

Worst thing would be to see Tigers at middling odds like $21, hardly worth the effort but not strong enough to win either.

The reality, like ink says, is whether we are $8 or $101 to win the comp, we can all agree it's very unlikely to occur in 2018. So your money goes down the toilet one way or another, good odds or bad.

Or maybe TAB are just trying to goad the punters with some interesting odds, happens all the time.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 10:38 am

If we can be competitive in our first 5 games and get 3/4 wins, our odds could drop to below $10

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 11:42 am

The people who set these boards don’t do it with their hearts, they do it by looking at each team and ranking them. Okay every year there are bolters and crashers, but If I was setting a board I would also have them close to the bottom, when you compare our squad with most others it falls behind them. Iam not writing them off, but with nothing to go off except looking at rosters I think the ranking is about right

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:40 pm

Our odds will get worse before they get better.I will wait till they are 100+(about round 7-8)before i would think about a wager.It will take a while for the team to gel but i am confident we will be higher at the end of the season than last year

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:40 pm
Our odds will get worse before they get better.I will wait till they are 100+(about round 7-8)before i would think about a wager.It will take a while for the team to gel but i am confident we will be higher at the end of the season than last year
I believe we'll gel faster than you think with Reynolds and Benji here.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm

We're 7/2 for top 8....when you consider that covers 1st thru to 8th and all in between ...that might be a better bet

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 1:00 pm

I’d wager we just miss out of the 8 this year and finish 9 or 10th.
I know we all thought we were on to better things at the start of last year but our defensive attention in and around the ruck and our wide was still horrible all through 2016.
With the bookies our 2 best players have left.
And based on Talent available within the squad I’d agree we look to be near the bottom.
The things that aren’t being considered are.
In the back end of last year, our mostly no named forward pack inclusive of woods held its own against most top sides.
That was purely down to a couple of positional changes commitment in the jersey and just some good coaching.
Woods is a loss, sorry to bring it up again. But he and Ava are evenly offset by Packer and Matolino.
You will not notice Matolino on the field as much as you notice woods but if you watch the game closely you will pick up on all the extra things he does. Packer will be excellent.
Twal and Eiso will improve also and add our experienced back row depth of Roco and Mc Queen. I’d be surprised anyone could argue with me and tell me based on personale we will be weaker in the forwards.
In the backs. The inclusion of Reynolds will open up space and freedom for Tui at fullback. Anyone doubting Tui at fullback need only go back and watch the games after RTS suffered a season ending injury last year.
Notable games against a full strength Brisbane.
That was Tui playing fullback on raw ability and raw coaching. Considering the coach had to pick him as a back up how much actual focus had been applied to the actual technics involved in the position. We won’t know but we sure as hell know that Ivan and Hodgo we do wonders for him. If you need proof of how good coaching can help Tui look at his WC campain after half a season of coaching I the 5/8 role under Ivan.
Anyway I could go on but essentially bookies don’t pick markets on potentially but I reckon we have a better side then last year and will certainly go better.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 1:17 pm

I can remember the Tigers being something like 150 to 1 in 2005, thanks very much TAB, I was a very happy Tigers supporter come the end of the season .. !!

tigerdude

Post by tigerdude » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 2:33 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 1:17 pm
I can remember the Tigers being something like 150 to 1 in 2005, thanks very much TAB, I was a very happy Tigers supporter come the end of the season .. !!
I was about to post the same thing and I truly relieve we are almost identical to the position we were in coming into 2005. Maybe we are a year behind but we bought some really solid first graders who weren’t superstars like whatuora and elford Richards and prince etc... I know we may have had them for a year or so already but i think circumstances are similar. May throw some money on? Never say never....

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 2:42 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Yes that is right, it means very little, but still they have to set a board and as the season is still a few months away, the only thing they can do is compare rosters and what has happened in the past. So they have put us down the list and that is probably a fair assessment. What happens during the year is a completely different kettle of fish.

My own personal view is we will finish about 12th, but show plenty of ticker. Our spine will struggle when the grind kicks in mid season and we lack real speed and game breakers...I also think introducing so many new players to a new club takes time and the pre season has be interrupted with the world cup

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 2:43 pm

tigerdude wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 2:33 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
I was about to post the same thing and I truly relieve we are almost identical to the position we were in coming into 2005. Maybe we are a year behind but we bought some really solid first graders who weren’t superstars like whatuora and elford Richards and prince etc... I know we may have had them for a year or so already but i think circumstances are similar. May throw some money on? Never say never....
Wait for about 8 weeks into the season the price will be much longer than it is now

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm

The last time I cared about the TAB odds was in 2005.

Post by 851 » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 9:22 am
I'll never understand the offense people take from our usually consistent long odds
No me either, if people think they are ridiculous odds, put their money on and clean up.
Go hard or go home

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:59 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:01 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 9:22 am
No me either, if people think they are ridiculous odds, put their money on and clean up.
Bookmakers buy their harbour front houses on the proceeds of people who back long shots on a wing a prayer